closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Green Sumo Owners? SPB103J1

Any Green Sumo Owners? SPB103J1

Has anyone taken the plunge on one of the new green sumos get? Any initial thoughts?

The reflectivity of the dial looks a bit like the Hulk from photos and I love the look of the dial when it's dark but in natural light the 'bling' of the dial is a bit much for me personally.

The common complaint I'm seeing online is the bracelet hasn't been upgraded and wasn't good to begin with which makes me slightly hesitant but Seiko has never been known for its bracelets.

The logical thing to do would be to go try one on but I can't see them on H Samuel's website so might be too expensive for them and not all Goldsmiths stock them. I'm in Hertfordshire and the two closest stores which stock them are Wimbledon and Sutton, so quite a trip just to try one on.

Pic stolen from the web.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 28th August 2019 at 12:06.

Craftsman
    This is the last thread I could find about it (Linky)

I have one waiting at home but will not get there until tomorrow evening.

That will teach me. I thought it was weird when I searched the model number in subjects and got zero results. Thanks.

Craftsman
    I took the plunge 2 weeks ago.
    Yes the Seiko bracelet it came with is the not the best. But that is normal for Seiko.
    I always wear my Seiko diver's on rubber,so not a problem for me.
    Just waiting for WatchObession to get the green CrafterBlue in.
    Apart from that the watch is great.
    The dial and bezel, at times look very dark.
    But then you catch it in the right light and it is stunning!! Would not call it blingy for sure.
    Everything also lines up as it should.
    Time keeping +4 since i got it, so very impressed.
    RRP £740 so not cheap, i did get a £50 discount!!! Every little bit helps so they say.
    So, one very happy owner here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    A fellow owner here too... got a nice (ish) price from firstclasswatches.

Very pleased with it generally, love the colour of the dial.

Nice power reserve on it too.

A lot to like in this one. It can also be found as another reference sbdc081 (other region) but brings up more pics and user experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the real world pictures here and in the other thread I think it looks best on the bracelet. Think I just have to go for the punt and if it doesn't work out offer it for adoption on SC.

Bit like the Hulk, looks way too blingy (for me) in bright sunlight but lovely at all other times.

Master
    Another happy owner here (mines the JDM SBDC081) I put mine on a green Erika's Original the day i got it, and haven't been able to put the bracelet back on as it looks so damn good!
    The dial and bezel seem to be a different shade every time you look at it, with only very bright sunlight bringing out the "bling" green (and there won't be much more of that for the next 6 or so months!)
    I've had a fair few Sumos over the years, including a lot of the LE's, and this is definitely my favourite.
    Mine is also my most accurate auto, and has consistently keep time to within 2spd since it arrived.

How annoying, I was going to go get it last week before going on holiday but told myself if I still wanted it when I got back I could have it and now I don't want to wait and I'm not back for just over another week! Looks like there is a Seiko dealer in town but doubt they will have one.

I did bring my SLA021and BLNR so all is not lost but I've not had a Sumo before and the Irish in me can't help but want the green! I nearly bought the green MM300 SLA019 recently but bottled it for the SLA021.

Craftsman
    Got to see mine today - I think the original is still the one for me although the green is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Got to see mine today - I think the original is still the one for me although the green is stunning.

Weirdly it's the font on the bezel which always put me off. That and the backsides of the hour and minute hands crossing each other but I can live with the latter as that's pretty much all Seiko divers anyway. Not much choice in it.

Craftsman
    I just noticed the date isn't centred on the green one - might have to go back.

Journeyman
    Hmmm. Is the dial the same color green and same sunburst texture that Seiko used on the SARB017 Alpinist? From the various pics I've seen posted by owners, I'm starting to think it is.