closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strapcode Super Engineer Bracelet

Strapcode Super Engineer Bracelet

Hi
    I am thinking about purchasing one of these bracelets for my Seiko Monster (gen 1). They appear to be well thought of. Can anyone tell me how the super engineer bracelet wears. Is it heavy and uncomfortable or not. Will the bracelet overwhelm the watch. I like the look of it but any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.. I would prefer the one with straight end links.
    Last edited by Kaffe; 27th August 2019 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Hi
    I am thinking about purchasing one of these bracelets for my Seiko Monster (gen 1). They appear to be well thought of. Can anyone tell me how the super engineer bracelet wears. Is it heavy and uncomfortable or not. Will the bracelet overwhelm the watch. I like the look of it but any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.
    The Monster is hardly considered a lightweight in watches as it is and yeah, the S E bracelet is well applauded. Whether or not it'll be "too heavy" for you is difficult to say.
    It'll make weighted wrist wear into substantial wrist wear. that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    The Monster is hardly considered a lightweight in watches as it is and yeah, the S E bracelet is well applauded. Whether or not it'll be "too heavy" for you is difficult to say.
    It'll make weighted wrist wear into substantial wrist wear. that's for sure.
    Thank you.. I don't find the watch heavy. No more than my SKX. I realise it was an impossible question but I wondered how comfortable the bracelet was over an oyster type.

Apprentice
    I have 2 bracelets for my Yellowfin Tuna: a hexad oyster and a super engineer(not Strapcode).

I had been wearing it with the hexad oyster for quite some time but when the super engineer arrived and I installed it, I immediately found that it was more comfortable than the hexad oyster.
    Last edited by chronolector; 5th September 2019 at 19:47.

I bought one for a Seiko diver - 22mm I believe - and fitted it once, wore for about an hour and it put it in a drawer - until I saw this thread I’d totally forgotten about it!
    It is very well made - I like the screw links - although mine had a couple of oddly deformed links which wasn’t a problem as I didn’t need them and they were removable. It’s very heavy and somehow reminded me of ‘storm’ watches in design - a bit clumsy and overly rugged looking. I have to admit a lot of their bracelets like great, like the solid jubilee for skx’s - but this particular design whilst looking great on pics did nothing for me irl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your replies. I have decided to get one. It may add considerable weight to the watch but I think it will be fitting for a Monster! It won't be a daily wearer. Just when the mood takes me! I will post pictures in due course. Thanks again.

It's very solid and quite heavy but wears well as it counterbalances a heavy head such as the monster or PRS 18, which is what I wore in on.

I have one of my MM 300s on one.
    Quite heavy but solid.