closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Venice watch shops ?

Venice watch shops ?

Over here for 5 days any watch shop recommendations ? Fancy a Pam ,st marks square shop looks too small and expensive ,although the £ to euro makes everything expensive

Master
    To be fair all shops in Venice are pretty small given the rents. All the usual suspects (Rolex, AP etc) are there just without stock.....
    I did not come across any pre owned stuff while wandering about either.
    Panerai in Florence was fairly well stocked when I was there a couple of months back.

Blog Entries
    Good luck in finding anything resembling ‘value’ in Venice.

We went to Venice from Lake Garda for a few days.
    In Riva, there was a discount clothes shop called "10-Euro" (about £6 or £7 at the time)
    Venice had the exact same clothes shop with the same stock, but called it the "15-Euro" shop.

There was a 50% mark up for the Venice outlet.

No idea if they're good value (as others have mentioned, I strongly doubt it!), but T Fondaco dei Tedeschi, the department store right by the Rialto Bridge is both worth a visit for the view from the roof (assuming, unlike us, you can get in - There was a private event on the roof when we went) and for a pretty impressive watch department.

I don't recall (or care, to be honest, but it seems most here do now) if there were Rolexes or not, but I was impressed by the selection of brands overall and saw a number of watches I'd only seen photos of before (The Glashutte Originals being the ones that stick in my mind).

For a department store, the building itself is pretty remarkable - Worth 15 minutes of your time, for sure.

M