closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a parking ticket, shall i ignore it?

Craftsman
    Personally I would pay it, for me it’s just not worth the stress worrying about it.

Craftsman
    i have ignored these in the past.

There have been a few high profile cases won by parking firms recently.

If there were badly marked lines and no sign to say parking was prohibited in this stretch you might have an argument

However it is 50/50 now

I would just most likely pay and moan a bit to whoever would listen

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Would you give the same advice to the lady who ended up paying £24,500 for ignoring private parking penalties?

Would you give the same advice to the people mentioned above who ended up with CCJs for ignoring private parking penalties?

What would you have advised me to do with the court summons that I received from CEL through Northampton County Court for parking in a private car park?

You, sir, are an idiot.
    To end up with a CJJ you would have to be taken to court and lose and then still refuse to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    To end up with a CJJ you would have to be taken to court and lose and then still refuse to pay.
    And yet it happens (perhaps because people listen to incorrect, misguided, out-of-date advice on internet forums?)
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I deal with many finance applications where CCJs have been registered due to parking fines.

Master
    Well no its not misguided is it - the chances of you being taken to court are very very slim.

If you do end up being taken to court and the court rules in their favour which is highly likely then you pay it and don't get a CCJ. If the court rules against you and then you still ignore it then you are a moron.

Nobody on the thread has said ignore a court decision they've simply said ignore the demands from the parking companies.
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 2nd September 2019 at 18:06.