closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: How Many 'Bags-For-Life' Do You Have?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, definitely, I'm super organised so ner

3 3.90%
  • One, I think it is stored under the sink in the utility room

0 0%
  • Just a couple, definitely not many and I can usually find one of them if I need to

3 3.90%
  • Somewhere between three and five in random places and I usually end up buying another anyway

8 10.39%
  • I think there's at least six in the boot of the car

16 20.78%
  • Seven to ten all hanging on the same door handle

17 22.08%
  • I have a problem

30 38.96%

Thread: How Many 'Bags-For-Life' Do You Have?

How Many 'Bags-For-Life' Do You Have?

Mrs C is very organised and always carries enough bags with her to contain all of the shopping that she anticipates purchasing. To counter this, I almost always forget the need to carry any form of receptacle to hold my purchases and consequently have quite a collection of decent quality shopping bags. Is the average WIS as hopeless as me in this regard?

To clarify, I'm talking about those proper heavy duty jute, canvas, linen, etc. bags that cost a quid or something like that.
    Last edited by Mr Curta; 26th August 2019 at 23:01.

Master
    When they were strating all this mullarkey tesco were giving them away at the door so I filled my trolley (boots) must have about 50 in the garage and two cars and etc etc etc

but I still go in and forget to take them as per.........................

B

Not many, even though I probably buy them 1 time in 3 as I forget my heavier shopping bags - and I've started using them as expensive rubbish bags.

I think the supermarkets should use the profits to come up with a suitable alternative - what happened to the old biodegradable bags - I remember them disintegrating in the cupboard.

I do try to use reusable bags on my weekly shops, but it's not always convenient to go back and get them.
    It's just a matter of time...

I'm already thinking that I should have included a 100+ option...

Craftsman
    More than 20 I'm not going to count them

Master
    I use IKEA bags. Huge and very durable. Only have two.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I'm already thinking that I should have included a 100+ option...
    I have bags and bags and even more bags.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    We have bags to hold the bags.
    Only today I went shopping and forgot to bring any bags so ended up with more.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    We have bags to hold the bags.
    Only today I went shopping and forgot to bring any bags so ended up with more.
    That’s me too.
    There are whole communities of bags within bags dotted around the garage, some haven’t seen light in years, I don’t know if they change the designs periodically, but if they do, future retail archeologists could create a timeline as they excavate back.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    6 in total. 3 in the boot of each car

I married mine 24 years ago ! Definitely for life

Owl1
    Loads... I never remember to re use them .

The supermakets think I'm immortal.

Craftsman
    I answered ‘I think I have a problem’ on behalf of my wife. Having counted we have over 15 under the stairs, my 3 in my car and unknown number in hers...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I use IKEA bags. Huge and very durable. Only have two.
    Same, and I do scan-as-you-shop, putting the items directly into the ikea bag in the trolley, which then gets lifted directly into the car boot in one go.

I also have about 6 bags-for-life in the boot for if I pop into a shop for just a couple of things (B&Q, TKMaxx, as well as the supermarket).

Craftsman
    I have a whole kitchen cupboard full of bags for life, like others have said they are just used as expensive rubbish bags now. One day I'll learn!

Master
    I'm not admitting to a problem but I even repatriated the two I had from Carrefour in Doha (good bags too).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    I'm not admitting to a problem but I even repatriated the two I had from Carrefour in Doha (good bags too).
    My favourites are a couple from Carulla in Colombia with images of sloths on them.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I never go shopping but I know from every time I open my wife's car boot there are at least half a dozen of those bags.

Fair play to her, she always uses them, empties them and shoves them back in the boot.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    I have 4 cloth bags in the car, she has fkn thousands! Pain of my life because I just don’t want to bin them so when I can I take a few bags full back to the supermarkets and dump them. The supermarkets must be making a fortune 10p bag madam no I’ll have the £1.50 one best give me 5 oh and I’ll have another 5 next time thanks🤣🤣.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I lived in Germany for five years where carrier bags didn’t really exist. To this end I have an eclectic collection of cloth bags that reside in both cars for use whenever I/we shop. Schuh do an Adidas superstars bag for £2 (used to be free with shoes), Ted Baker do one, Holzminden has its own bag, IPPG (patent stuff) give one away free at their conferences, Paul Smith provide one for their clothes etc etc.

After a while you have bags for life all of which can be washed (and ironed should the wife wish🙄). Haven’t had a plastic bag for years.
    Last edited by tiny73; 27th August 2019 at 14:10.

We have quite a few we've collected over the years, some plastic some fabric. I keep a few in my car and laptop bag in case any shopping is needed on my way home :)

Enough to last a lifetime, however I feel I may have misunderstood the principle.

Master
    I always take a bag out with me, but too often buy more than a bags worth of food. So I just end up using them as bin bags.

A few years back, asda was my local supermarket, and they donated the proceeds from single use to charity while pocketing those from the bags for life. So they charged 5p for single use and 6p for bag for life. I ended up with cupboards of the thing's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Enough to last a lifetime, however I feel I may have misunderstood the principle.
    Haha...my wife as well, probably more than the plastic ones we used to have.

Likely going to need to get her a bigger car.
    Her bags for life collection will be handed down through the family no doubt and become a ironic museum peice in a not so distant dystopian future.

How Many 'Bags-For-Life' Do You Have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    My favourites are a couple from Carulla in Colombia with images of sloths on them.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

so many i'm going to have to to put them in my will

and my bags for life will be divided and given to all living relatives, so they may never be short of a bag