closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Land Rover

Vintage Land Rover

One for you LR fans - at Grasmere Sports today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great vehicle. I had a late ‘60s Series 2a which like this one had the 2 1/4 petrol, making it considerably less sluggish than its diesel counterpart. As much as I like LR’s modern offerings for practicality (we have one of the last Defenders and a new Evoque on order) I’d probably give my right ball for a nice series model to enjoy at the weekend.

Master
    I have one very similar. Mine is a 1964 88” ex parachute regiment so a few differences to the civilian version. I use mine most weekends, mostly gentle off-roading as I have developed a taste for metal detecting and a local farmer is happy for me to roam.

Last edited by Gurmot; 25th August 2019 at 15:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    What a great vehicle. I had a late ‘60s Series 2a which like this one had the 2 1/4 petrol, making it considerably less sluggish than its diesel counterpart. As much as I like LR’s modern offerings for practicality (we have one of the last Defenders and a new Evoque on order) I’d probably give my right ball for a nice series model to enjoy at the weekend.
    Be interested to know your thoughts on the new Evoque. We're currently trying to choose between Evoque, Merc GLC, Volvo XC40, Alfa Stelvio etc etc!!

Had a 2016 Evoque from new and thought it was a great little suv, but recently had a test drive in a new Evoque and it seemed pretty bland in comparison.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Be interested to know your thoughts on the new Evoque. We're currently trying to choose between Evoque, Merc GLC, Volvo XC40, Alfa Stelvio etc etc!!

Had a 2016 Evoque from new and thought it was a great little suv, but recently had a test drive in a new Evoque and it seemed pretty bland in comparison.
    We’re curious to find out ourselves Ian! We had an early Evoque and really enjoyed it. The new one doesn’t look as sharp as the early model for sure. We take delivery at the beginning of November- can’t wait!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    We’re curious to find out ourselves Ian! We had an early Evoque and really enjoyed it. The new one doesn’t look as sharp as the early model for sure. We take delivery at the beginning of November- can’t wait!
    Hopefully my impressions were wrong as I really do like the look of it, it's still at the top of the list!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.