closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage JLC Master Mariner

Journeyman

Vintage JLC Master Mariner

What do we all know about this?

There’s one on eBay I’m having a bid on and, at the risk of being gazumped by someone on this forum, am trying to get a steer on what a good ceiling may be.

I’ll put the link up (because it’d be silly to try to be circumspect as if none of you know how google works)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333305989041

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Asking price £10,500 ovno. Collection only from Torquay. Undoubtedly a lovely watch but it’s a lot to be spending on an eBay purchase.

Master
    I’d add the seller must be very brave as well. I’ve given up selling anything over a £1000 on EBay simply because of the amount of scammers demanding send Watch please . But does the fund ever hit account?

Have you done all the research you can possibly do around asking prices and dial / hands etc?
    As previous responder said it’s a lot to pay out on EBay.

Might this be more the type of purchase to conduct via a dealer, or auction like watches of Knightsbridge? who might get one turn up. It the lack of being able to handle it, prior to buying it would worry me.

Craftsman
    Top end pricing - you would be paying quite a lot for the box here..
    I’ve had a number of k88x based jlc - when they are good they are great, but when they go wrong/wear, they cost. There are a couple of folks who can service these apart from sending back to Le Sentier, but not cheap. If you want spare parts, need to find donor movements or buy from far afield.

. For this sort of money, I’d have to really want specifically an e558, would want to inspect personally (what does the movement sound like - any knocking due to lacking spacers or worn pivots) and know who had serviced it last and when..

al

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    So in around an hour, I’ve gone from being really optimistic to completely out.

Not something I know enough about to justify what I’d have to spend (which was a good deal more than I thought and that further helps the decision).

Thanks chaps.

Journeyman
    In case anyone is interested, this went for £5750 and I was a little bit kicking myself for not jumping in at that price.

However it’s now been relisted so perhaps the seller decided against letting it go at that price. Too many things to worry about.

I think I agree with the above; Ebay is for commodities, anything of interest needs to be done face to face.