closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Case shapes and straps

Master

Case shapes and straps

This is all just my opinion and everyone has their own tastes but has Anyone else given this any consideration...certain case shapes only really complement certain straps.

For example.

My marathon gsar whilst having a fairly chunky case with narrow lugs does not look good on a traditional divers rubber strap but looks great on a nato and its bracelet.
    In a similar way the older submariners look brilliant on the same combinations.

Unlike a panerai would look odd on a nato strap but looks good on leather and it's own diver strap and maybe on it's own bracelet.

And another example is my CWC SBS; it looks great on a nato and wouldn't suit any other strap even if it had spring bars.

So I was just wondering whether anyone else thinks in this way.

Case shapes and straps

Different straps you say? I had a watch that look like *(&&it on a strap with contrasting stitching and perfect on strap with the same colour stitching.

And I agree about different straps with you- seamaster on Borealis rubber was perfect, but explorer II on the same strap looks like disaster.

Journeyman
    FYI,Panerai sell their OEM nato now...

Personally I’ve worn some of my Panerais with (mostly leather) nato

IMG_8278.JPG

Master
    See those leather straps look really nice and substantial to compliment the heft of the watch head.