closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedy Tuesday

Craftsman

Speedy Tuesday

Just realised that it has been a full year since a Speedy Tuesday release by Omega, things must be slipping.

Hard to see we’re the story goes now with the Speedmaster after the 50th Anniversary moon landing, which in my view would be the perfect point to walk away from more LE or special editions but greed being what it is Omega will no doubt not let the Speedmaster rest.

Is there another chapter outwith a 321 movement reissue that can have any genuine part to play in the Speedmaster legacy or are we forever doomed to more and more obscure ties in the Speedmaster story.

Robert-Jan Broer did say in an interview before the ST2 that it wasn't their intention to make a yearly Speedy Tuesday release and it would be as and when.

I'm just waiting for 2020 when I hope they do a remake of this 1970 Alaska prototype, my ultimate Speedmaster(in fact make that my ultimate watch)...

If they do it I pray to God they change nothing about it, that for me is perfection! I've hinted to RJB whenever possible.

Master
    Thing is, they are all essentially the same watch. And thus the basics remain undisturbed. A Speedy is always a Speedy. Which is why the standard Speedy Pro is the one to have. None of the limited editions improve on it.
    For instance, look at the Alaska pictured below. The dial is far less readable, and readability is a key test.....

Master
    ST3 could well be to coincide with Apollo 13 50th Anniversary next year. Golden Silver Snoopy Award

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Robert-Jan Broer did say in an interview before the ST2 that it wasn't their intention to make a yearly Speedy Tuesday release and it would be as and when.

I'm just waiting for 2020 when I hope they do a remake of this 1970 Alaska prototype, my ultimate Speedmaster(in fact make that my ultimate watch)...

If they do it I pray to God they change nothing about it, that for me is perfection! I've hinted to RJB whenever possible.

This would also be my grail watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes! Speedy Tuesday - i remember those, they were quite popular once.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Oh yes! Speedy Tuesday - i remember those, they were quite popular once.
    Looking at some of the prices they are selling for on various sites, I would say they still are!

I was fortunate to get a speedy Ultraman when it came out. It’s still a speedmaster at the end of the day but is different enough from the original moonwatch to create its own identity and yet still be covetable.

Any regrets buying it? None whatsoever - viva Omega LE’s! 😊👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    ST3 could well be to coincide with Apollo 13 50th Anniversary next year. Golden Silver Snoopy Award

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apollo 13, maybe Omega will release a Speedy that breaks down with parts exploded but give you a special kit with some tape and tubes to put it back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Apollo 13, maybe Omega will release a Speedy that breaks down with parts exploded but give you a special kit with some tape and tubes to put it back together again.
    Exactly. Why would anyone complain about more choices?
    Doubt if Omega is forcing anyone to buy:-)
    -))