closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Tudor and it doesn't run well

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    My experience with mechanical watches has sometimes been that they speed up a bit after a few weeks' wear. I must agree it's convenient when a mechanical watch is accurate to within a second or two a day if you intend to wear it for a week or two, but it's not to be expected.
    The long debated ‘settling in period’. I’ve had watches that did and didn’t. Worthwhile point though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason I prefer a bit fast is i often wear a watch for quite some time, or have it on a winder. If a watch is slow, resetting it requires you to move the hands.

If it's a bit fast, you can just hack it by pulling out the crown and then click it in when aligned back to time.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If I have one that's running within cosc slow I just set it 3 minutes fast and let it wind down to the correct time over a couple of months.
    Living dangerously I know.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    I bought my first Tudor (Black Bay S&G) with the MT5612 movement last month on holiday , sadly whilst I love the watch its losing 4 seconds per day, I know this is just within the COSC standards but its certainly taken the shine off the watch for me. I have been resting it dial up at night to achieve this.

Problem is whilst I bought it in Fraser Hart in Edinburgh my local Fraser Hart (Newbury) is not a Tudor AD, the nearest Fraser Hart that deals with Tudor is Bristol 60 miles away

Its doubly annoying as its a daily beater meant to replace my Hamilton Khaki Air Race which runs at +0.35 seconds per day!

What should my next steps be ?

Your next steps should be write a strongly worded letter to the chief executive of Tudor.....

Just kidding, you need some perspective. It runs within spec. What do you think anyone is going to say if you complain about it? You knew the tolerance before you bought it, you understand the chronometer requirements and you have a watch that performs to those specifications. It seems you got exactly what you were expecting.

What more do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    Your next steps should be write a strongly worded letter to the chief executive of Tudor.....

Just kidding, you need some perspective. It runs within spec. What do you think anyone is going to say if you complain about it? You knew the tolerance before you bought it, you understand the chronometer requirements and you have a watch that performs to those specifications. It seems you got exactly what you were expecting.

What more do you expect?
    Exactamundo. But Rolex are going to look at it so will be interesting to see the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got a nice Citizen Exceed with an E510 movement that can manage zero deviation a year, but is usually as much as two seconds out. We can swap if you want...

Master
    Blog Entries
    My BB58 runs at -0.5s/day.

Craftsman
    It sounds awful 4 seconds a day is not acceptable
    Best just use your phone

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just needs patient regulation. At the very least, it can be adjusted to run + < 5secs.

Any further accuracy can be problematic in terms of how a watch is worn during the day and stored overnight.

Like most, I'd say your watch is running v well. If Rolex are happy to adjust it for free then result.

The problem is the adjustment required is minuscule but if anyone can achieve it, it's Rolex.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stefmcd; 24th August 2019 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    The main reason I prefer a bit fast is i often wear a watch for quite some time, or have it on a winder. If a watch is slow, resetting it requires you to move the hands.

If it's a bit fast, you can just hack it by pulling out the crown and then click it in when aligned back to time.
    Me too, so much easier.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post

I laughed at how much I admired the wisdom of this. Then felt weird and ashamed... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I laughed at how much I admired the wisdom of this. Then felt weird and ashamed... ;-)

I stopped being ashamed about my weirdness long ago! I overthink most technical things, and its the little details like this I get pleasure from.

Wait for your next birthday to grow up ffs

Banned
    I honestly have not a clue if any watch I own runs fast / slow .
    Anything within a minute I would be happy with.

I bought my first Tudor (Black Bay S&G) with the MT5612 movement last month on holiday , sadly whilst I love the watch its losing 4 seconds per day, I know this is just within the COSC standards but its certainly taken the shine off the watch for me. I have been resting it dial up at night to achieve this.

Problem is whilst I bought it in Fraser Hart in Edinburgh my local Fraser Hart (Newbury) is not a Tudor AD, the nearest Fraser Hart that deals with Tudor is Bristol 60 miles away

Its doubly annoying as its a daily beater meant to replace my Hamilton Khaki Air Race which runs at +0.35 seconds per day!

Don’t stress it, wear it and enjoy it.
    You hear watches coming back from repair with other issues, and scratches etc.
    -4 a day is still hugely accurate so enjoy the piece for what it is.

Banned
    UPDATE:

Phoned my local Fraser Hart and they will sort it , just need to drop it off , I guess they will send it to Tudor who will do as they see fit, lets hope they arent too swamped with all those GMT repairs ;)
    I think I've worked out what his thread is really about ;)