closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car dealer unplugging dashcam

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ah well, maybe if I lived on the British islands I´d think differently too.

The only electronics two of mine have is no-point ignition.
    The third is ´more´modern; 16 years old and I have removed almost all the electronics that cán be removed. Put in various resistors so the ECU thinks it is still in there and flashes/extinguishes all the right lights on the dash. Just the ´entertainment system to go´.
    The only camera is my son´s GoPro to record bits of Touge for private sharing. Noooooooooooo internet/youtube.
    Very liberating.

Good luck with it. Sincerly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Sigh.
    I have nothing to hide and emphatically do want not to be recorded by random distrusting sods in private space.
    100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Presumably so you don't know where it's been whilst in for "work" doing.Many many years ago my Boss at Yorkshire Water bought a brand new Ford Cosworth,at some point not long after it went in for something doing,We and the boss never saw it again!,written off by one of the Ford employees.

I guess a perk of the job to use someone else car whilst (supposedly) in the workshop.What happens in the event of damage or excessive mileage on the clock at collection?.
    I remember, good few years ago, I was on the plod in a large U.K. city and stopped a very expensive BMW driven by a lad in his early 20s with two young ladies with him. He was driving like an idiot. Turned out he worked for a local garage and the car was in for some work. He was, apparently, test driving it, with two girls who didn’t work for the garage, at one o’clock in the morning, while dressed for a night out. He said the car was in for a service.

Turned out the car was in for an MOT and when the owner found out what was going on, he was furious. I nicked the kid for TWOCing the car and he was convicted.

Just the sheer cheek of it, even if he was massively unlucky.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Ok, I may not have been clear, I got the tech to mark the new parts and then fit them, the old parts removed from the car were under my desk and then shown to the customer when he complained,(not in pleasant manner btw) if he didn’t trust us to do the work he shouldn’t have come in the first place.
    I think that you did him a favour Son.