closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rolex AD keeping hang tag

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Ive had someone refuse an unworn sports Rolex that was an absolute headache to get hold of because the white outer sleeve wasn't present.
    It had to be ordered in from the other side of the bloody world and he rejected it in store because it wasn't complete.
    Sold it a couple of days later and never did tell the guy that there were more white outer sleeves out the back than I can shake a stick at.
    Idve just given him his outer sleeve if there were so many lying around... If it was the equivalent of him asking for a bag... Always best to be the bigger person.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Of course you would.

Of course you would.
    Naturally. If there were more out back than I could shake a stick at. The guy was paying thousands. Id be glad to get rid of such an abundant nuisance....it's only cardboard.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Naturally.
    However that would've lost the company a few k so... no.
    No problem not being the bigger person whatsoever given the circumstances.
    Last edited by verv; 28th August 2019 at 08:16.

Removed
    Last edited by ryanb741; 28th August 2019 at 08:56.

Naturally.
    However that would've lost the company a few k so... no.
    No problem not being the bigger person whatsoever given the circumstances.
    Having read your full explanation...yeah...sod him...

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Why do people need a white tag and a bezel protector? Unless they are already thinking of that wonderful day they can make a few sovs before they even get the watch home. We all know the type, only buy watches to flip for a quick profit and spend all their time looking at values trying to judge the best time to make the most profit.
    Conversely, why does the shop selling you the watch need the white tag with the watch details on it.

Ive had someone refuse an unworn sports Rolex that was an absolute headache to get hold of because the white outer sleeve wasn't present.
    It had to be ordered in from the other side of the bloody world and he rejected it in store because it wasn't complete.
    Sold it a couple of days later and never did tell the guy that there were more white outer sleeves out the back than I can shake a stick at.

There you go.

The sort of Rolex salesman that makes buying a new watch such a pleasure and endorses the very low image of the self important counter staff in a Rolex AD.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm not an AD. Or a salesman for that matter.

Master
    Could've set my watch by that.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Does it have fake papers Mick?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Conversely, why does the shop selling you the watch need the white tag with the watch details on it.
    No idea. Perhaps it's the result of an anxiety...........
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Bet he's got the white sleeve though....
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Neither I nor anyone else in the world would really know.

Indeed it pays to be polite, arrogance is a definite no no

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    “Things will continue to get desperate and clearly only resellers interested in a quick buck will be troubled. Those who are genuine collectors or enthusiasts will simply buy or leave the product.If you want it then take it if it's a hassle leave it.”

I certainly see myself as a collector - No wish to sell/flip for a gain but it’s the insinuation that I must be if I hanker after a Rolex. Ive always retained everything that comes with previous purchases a practice from my days working in tech (if you’ve given the end user everything then they won’t ask for an item that you’ve binned a month later) I fully intend on purchasing another brand at the same time and if the SA insists that the OP/Submariner must have stickers, tags etc removed, but couldn’t care less about the IWC Petit Prince then I couldn’t see much point in the sale going further and suggest another way forward. (They can keep the warranty card for 20 years as far as I’m concerned) I like to do my unboxing, sticker removal in my own time. It also leaves a feeling of mistrust
    Last edited by Mysqueek; 1st September 2019 at 16:55.

Looks like I'm picking up a 'hot' SS model from a Goldsmiths on Friday. Does anyone know what the latest policy is? I don't mind them keeping the warranty card (not going to flip) but I would like all tags, bezel protector etc :)

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    but I would like all tags, bezel protector etc :)
    Doubt you will get those.
    You will not be able to deflower the watch either. They will remove the stickers themselves.
    Make sure you start a separate thread about it so that some of our beloved members can opine and vent and whine and moan and declare how they have sworn off Rolex and what fool you are to buy a
    Rolex in present conditions.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 4th September 2019 at 16:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Doubt you will get those.
    You will not be able to deflower the watch either. They will remove the stickers themselves.
    Make sure you start a separate thread about it so that some of our beloved members can opine and vent and whine and moan and declare how they have sworn off Rolex and what fool you are to buy a
    Rolex in present conditions.
    Hey stop having a go at the man. I enjoy seeing some of our beloved members opining, venting, moaning and declaring how they have sworn off Rolex and stating only fools would buy a Rolex in present conditions.

It it pleasing to see members with hardly any experience or knowledge of the watch trade claiming that a company such as Rolex have got it all wrong when they are immensly successful with one of the best brand images in the world.

I am sure the Board Members of Rolex had have a jolly good laugh over this and are quietly pleased that these chaps are no longer customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I am sure the Board Members of Rolex had have a jolly good laugh over this and are quietly pleased that these chaps are no longer customers.
    The is quite possibly the most stupid post you have ever made.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Well I suppose I should be grateful you haven't done the usual trick of posting your stupid cartoon of the walking chicken along with a few obscenities littered about as well.

It just amazes me how tinkers, tailors and candlestick makers think they know how to run Rolex better than Rolex themselves. We all know the usual moans about stickers, hang tags, warranty cards etc and most genuine enthusiasts who actually buy the watches don't really care.

The moaning comes from professional moaners who moan about everything from the quality of a cheese sandwich they bought at M&S to the weather.

Hey stop having a go at the man. I enjoy seeing some of our beloved members opining, venting, moaning and declaring how they have sworn off Rolex and stating only fools would buy a Rolex in present conditions.

It it pleasing to see members with hardly any experience or knowledge of the watch trade claiming that a company such as Rolex have got it all wrong when they are immensly successful with one of the best brand images in the world.

I’m buying a watch that I could theoretically sell for almost double the purchase price instantly (no plans to at all) so I’m pretty happy with the situation!!

I would prefer if there was a smaller wait and watches just held value, maybe we will get back to those days eventually.

I would be useful if anyone has any genuine feedback on what to expect :)

Master
    If you look elsewhere on the forum, you’ll see I was in a similar position to you last Sunday.

I got everything with the exception of the warranty card I did ask them for a photocopy of, which they did.
    Last edited by alanm_3; 4th September 2019 at 19:01. Reason: Typo

Apprentice
    OP 36 blue dial bought a couple of months back: given all the bits and pieces including the guarantee card.

Will my (other) AD want to see the watch when I go to pick up the guarantee card for my BLNR in a few months time? Or does it vary between ADs? Maybe they’ll post it...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard 5 View Post
    OP 36 blue dial bought a couple of months back: given all the bits and pieces including the guarantee card.

Will my (other) AD want to see the watch when I go to pick up the guarantee card for my BLNR in a few months time? Or does it vary between ADs? Maybe they’ll post it...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would all depend on your contract 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    If you look elsewhere on the forum, you’ll see I was in a similar position to you last Sunday.

I got everything with the exception of the warranty card I did ask them for a photocopy of, which they did.
    Thank you, that is good to hear!

Master

I would be useful if anyone has any genuine feedback on what to expect :)
    Jesus
    Just take it as it comes.

Well I suppose I should be grateful you haven't done the usual trick of posting your stupid cartoon of the walking chicken along with a few obscenities littered about as well.
    You clearly do not recognise the 'chicken' - it has meaning and is reserved for really 'special' people.

As for obscenities - some are only deserving to be spoken to in that way, clearly behind closed doors.

Master
    You clearly do not recognise the 'chicken' - it has meaning and is reserved for really 'special' people.

As for obscenities - some are only deserving to be spoken to in that way, clearly behind closed doors.

Again another gormless response.

Who are these really specially people who deserve a cartoon that has been totally flogged to death to the point of cringing boredom.

Secondly, obscenities are never deserving unless you are so dumb that you are incapable of articulating an arguement, which I am sad to say, you rarely ever do.

Telling me that I said something stupid is dead easy, what you never do is to explain why.

Again another gormless response.

Who are these really specially people who deserve a cartoon that has been totally flogged to death to the point of cringing boredom.

Secondly, obscenities are never deserving unless you are so dumb that you are incapable of articulating an arguement, which I am sad to say, you rarely ever do.

Telling me that I said something stupid is dead easy, what you never do is to explain why.
    None of your concern - it's not you and you still have failed to identify the significance. If you continue as you seem to want to do, then it becomes very relevant.

Of course obscenities have their place - why would I try and articulate an argument with you Mick, you know everything and keep posting to that effect?.

If you think what you posted was relevant and correct then I am clearly wrong - do you really think what you posted was sensible?

Master
    None of your concern - it's not you and you still have failed to identify the significance. If you continue as you seem to want to do, then it becomes very relevant.

Of course obscenities have their place - why would I try and articulate an argument with you Mick, you know everything and keep posting to that effect?.

If you think what you posted was relevant and correct then I am clearly wrong - do you really think what you posted was sensible?
    Yes I do think it was simple.

Do you really think that tinkers, tailors and candlestick makers are more capable of running a watch company than the Rolex management.

Well do you ?

Chris, you could remove "quite possibly" if you'd ask me.

I don't own a Rolex. When looking for my first decent watch, I wanted a divers watch. Ordered a number of booklets at some brands (1996, no internet. calling an ad and asking for their catalogues shipped to me). I looked at a number of watches, among others a SND from Rolex.

In the end, it was to be decided: choice was between the new SMP Omega or the SND Rolex. The latter wasn't available though. I didn't want to go on a waiting list and bought the SMP - at a discount - and wore it during my holidays, diving etc.

That was the moment Rolex lost a customer. To this day I have my SMP and dive with it.

Now the madness apparently gets worse and worse, with idiotic contracts (unenforceable under Dutch law btw.), witholding stuff that was sold to a client, waiting lists and so on for the person trying to buy a popular Rolex model.
    A model of which a couple of hundred are for sale on Chrono24 at a higher price.

On top of that Rolex - and more specific: how to get on several lists, how to get full set, how much will they go up in price - is the talk of the town on the internet, both here, on FB etc.

It is bloody annoying. I am aware of the idiotic and in the end brand damaging tricks Rolex plays on its customers, I am not in the least interested in anything the brand is producing these days and to be honest, what irritates me most is the sheer number of posts about all this BS from a mediocre brand.

I have visited AP, JlC, Blancpain, Roger Dubuis, Lange, Glashütte Original. I have met Roger Smith and have been in several other factories as well. There is so much more interesting and better made and finished stuff out there I rather read about.

It boils down to: I am sick and tired reading about Rolex.
    I couldn't care less if they ceased production tomorrow.
    I have lost all lust for them long ago.

Yes I do think it was simple.

Do you really think that tinkers, tailors and candlestick makers are more capable of running a watch company than the Rolex management.

Well do you ?
    The criticisms that people have voiced is not about how a watch manufacturer runs its business, rather it's about variable and inconsistent policies applied by dealers.

Conditional purchase requirements, 'waiting lists', grey dealer activity etc, etc. are not directives from Rolex (unless they are covert directives).

The strangling of supply of certain models has caused this rather than solve it - and now it's worse than it's ever been!. Porsche are no different in their unofficial policy in respect of 'halo' models.

If people want to play under those circumstances then good luck to them - I will no longer do so ( I have owned approx 20 of them over the last 35 years). I am missing nothing and I applaud those who criticise this nonsense when people are spending more on a watch than they might invest in a car.

Sorry Mick, I do not agree.

Craftsman
    I think you are right there Chris

I am not even sure the grey market does not help the AD

People almost believe if they get a SS sports model at retail the are getting a bargain.

I would not pay over retail for a fashion item as it’s most likely just popular atm making it a poor investment or purchase decision purely based on how I think about things.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by UMBROSUS View Post
    I would not pay over retail for a fashion item as it’s most likely just popular atm making it a poor investment or purchase decision purely based on how I think about things.

I never pay over list.

I am negotiating a lot, it is part of my job.
    When we bought a house we got the price down. Car? Same story.

I can hardly imagine paying over list for a luxury product whilst the competition easily lowers prices by 20%.

A factor is that I am not interested in resale value as I only buy luxury trinkets for myself, not to sell them on.

If I remember correctly I only sold 5 or 6 watches, most to mates who expressed their interest in them.

Craftsman
    Looks like I'm picking up a 'hot' SS model from a Goldsmiths on Friday. Does anyone know what the latest policy is? I don't mind them keeping the warranty card (not going to flip) but I would like all tags, bezel protector etc :)

My experience recently of NG

Kept the warranty card , offered me a paper copy , refused as I’m not concerned about it.

Took some of the stickers off , but not all.

Left the bezel protector on the desk if I wanted to pick it up accidentally, I didn’t.

Haven’t checked if the white tag effort is in the box , not bothered anyway.

They did forget to put the receipt in the bag , but I got a copy next time I was in town.

Offered me a drink , didn’t want one .

Shook my hand and thanked me for my business, off I went .

If that’s the way they want to do business, that’s fine by me , I’m not the type to get my knickers in a twist about things I can’t control.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBROSUS View Post
    I think you are right there Chris

I am not even sure the grey market does not help the AD

People almost believe if they get a SS sports model at retail the are getting a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Unfortunately it’s not just popular atm, if you look at the prices they’ve been steadily on the up for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    My experience recently of NG

Kept the warranty card , offered me a paper copy , refused as I’m not concerned about it.

Took some of the stickers off , but not all.

Left the bezel protector on the desk if I wanted to pick it up accidentally, I didn’t.

Haven’t checked if the white tag effort is in the box , not bothered anyway.

They did forget to put the receipt in the bag , but I got a copy next time I was in town.

Offered me a drink , didn’t want one .

Shook my hand and thanked me for my business, off I went .

If that’s the way they want to do business, that’s fine by me , I’m not the type to get my knickers in a twist about things I can’t control.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have no issue with warranty card withheld and stickers removed, and I obviously want them to size it for me. I would like to keep all the bits and pieces though.

One benefit of the current supply/price/grey market madness is being able to swing another watch purchase past the Mrs