closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaguar iPace - anyone got one?

Jaguar iPace - anyone got one?

I have to decide on my next car within the next fortnight.

Never have I been so indecisive over choosing!

I think I want to go plug-in hybrid or electric - it makes sense for me as my daily commute is a round trip of about 30miles. The vast majority of my travel is pretty local these days. I also don't think I want to go with a petrol or diesel car again, it just feels like old tech to me now, even though a Velar is temptingly lovely.

I've driven the iPace on a Jaguar driving day at Milbrook and was very impressed.

I think I have ruled out a Tesla Model 3 Performance (although I am extremely tempted) because it is a bit too small, the boot isn't suitable for occasional dog use, and I like an SUV driving position for my daily driver.

So has anyone got an iPace and how have they found it in real world use and living with it?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Have you also looked at the Audi E-tron?

They’re a little cheaper, a little larger and I believe there are some good deals available too.

The Outlander PHEV should also handle your commute on electric only too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Have you also looked at the Audi E-tron?

They’re a little cheaper, a little larger and I believe there are some good deals available too.

The Outlander PHEV should also handle your commute on electric only too.

I have had a quick look at the E-tron, but not seeing any good deals on the terms I need - coming in considerably more expensive than the iPace...?

The Outlander is a contender - I know it makes sense on so many levels, but the lack of performance is a concern for me, although maybe I need to get over this.
    So clever my foot fell off.

I have had a Tesla Model X since last October and don't think I will ever go back to a combustion engined car.

For me, the 7 seats sealed it as I have 4 kids, plus the charging infrastructure is painless and reliable.

The tech is also amazing, conventional cars just feel slow clunky and restrictive.

There are downsides, interior quality is no better than ford and it may not be quite as refined on the motorway as the etron and Mercedes EQC for example.

Consider the company car tax if it is relevant as zero emission have a significant advantage over PHEV's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

I think I want to go plug-in hybrid or electric - it makes sense for me as my daily commute is a round trip of about 30miles. The vast majority of my travel is pretty local these days. I also don't think I want to go with a petrol or diesel car again, it just feels like old tech to me now, even though a Velar is temptingly lovely.

I've driven the iPace on a Jaguar driving day at Milbrook and was very impressed.

I think I have ruled out a Tesla Model 3 Performance (although I am extremely tempted) because it is a bit too small, the boot isn't suitable for occasional dog use, and I like an SUV driving position for my daily driver.

So has anyone got an iPace and how have they found it in real world use and living with it?
    I had a First Edition model in December last year, it had issues from delivery day and it went back after 5 days, they could not give a time scale to fix the 7+ electrical faults so I got my money back, I am happy to get into details if you like but the UK iPace forum has plenty of tails of woe to read.

I had a Tesla Model S 100D before that, I am now waiting to see the Polestar2 next year before getting another EV.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Master
    I recently test drive both the I-pace and the e-tron, and decided to go with the e-tron. Whilst the Jag was more fun to drive, since this is going to be a family car it would be rare that I’d be able to use that performance and it was much less practical than the Audi in terms of boot space. I was concerned about potential reliability issues with the Jag too.
    Interestingly on our salsac scheme the e-tron is quite a bit cheaper than the I-pace even though it costs about 10k more to buy.
    Also worth noting that the driving position in the I-pace is much less elevated that a normal SUV, it’s more like a slightly raised hatchback and I really disliked the poor visibility through the small rear window.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I Pace

Driven it - loved it - competed in an agility time trial type rce thing in it - shocked at how well it did go and handle

Not heard any mare stories either

Should be fun

Wouldn't touch an AUDI with counterfeit.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The new taycan looks good. I imagine peeps will be schmoozing the local OPC to get one quickly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have had a quick look at the E-tron, but not seeing any good deals on the terms I need - coming in considerably more expensive than the iPace...?

The Outlander is a contender - I know it makes sense on so many levels, but the lack of performance is a concern for me, although maybe I need to get over this.
    Not advice on your various options but I recently traded my FK2 Civic Type R for the lowly Civic 1.0 - far less poke but more comfortable, more economical and journey times are unaltered...

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I test drove the Tesla s and X and I pace

But bought, well leased the Audi.

Much better car IMHO, liked the performance of the Tesla but did not feel as well built as the Audi. The Jag felt more skittish and I did not like the interior. But they are all good cars and really down to what you prefer.

There are deals on both now a Jag is around £450 a month on lease Audi is £500 but the deals fluctuate

Blog Entries

Are you buying or leasing or PCP? It makes a difference.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.