closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virginmedia Superhub 3

Virginmedia Superhub 3

All,

I'm getting a few issues with my current set up, VM SH 2 in modem mode linked to a Asus RT66U. The odd issue with buffering / stopping during streaming and delay when browsing on wi fi.

I've tried the usual rebooting etc and also updated the firmware.

Is it time to upgrade to the VM SH 3 and use that by itself or as a modem linked to the ASUS?

Any opinions on the SH 3 greatly received.

I have a Smart TV and PS4 hardwired and the other bits and pieces, iphones and ipads / laptops are all on wi fi. But not in constant use and streaming etc.

Best,

Ben

I had the original superhub and had issues for years, Virgin where little help until I threatened to leave. Amazingly a superhub 3 turned up and I've not had any problems since. For information I live in house with engineering brick internal walls so wifi doesn't travel well. I've hooked my superhub up to the BT wifi discs and its great.

Hello

Thanks for the post.

I think i'll speak with them anyway and see if i can get one. I've been with them for a long time now, pretty happy with them just had the odd issue.

Best,

Ben

I’ve been using a SH3 for quite a while now, had to revert back to a SH2a last year but a firmware upgrade to the SH3 has resolved/hidden the latency issues that it suffered from.

Hello

Very good to know.

I'm presuming you don't need to log in to the SH3 to get the firmware update its one of these restart / reboot it and it will do it by itself?

Best,

Ben

Yes the firmware is applied automatically by Virgin media so you don’t get a say.

Hello

That's good, i'm more concerned with booming the router!

Although i have updated firmware before.

Booming?

Hello

I think the technical term is brick it.

Master
    I’ve got this hub and it’s pants I need 3 boosters in my house to get coverage and it still just switches off when it feels like it, normally after eldest son has been on fortnite, Sonos system randomly shuts off also and lights start flashing on hub, will be moving back to BT I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I’ve got this hub and it’s pants I need 3 boosters in my house to get coverage and it still just switches off when it feels like it, normally after eldest son has been on fortnite, Sonos system randomly shuts off also and lights start flashing on hub, will be moving back to BT I think
    We've not been with Virgin long &have the SH3, I’ve also had to reset the Sonos system regularly. Annoying to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    I think the technical term is brick it.
    With Virgin you don’t really control the upgrade as they push it out and your router just updates.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    We've not been with Virgin long &have the SH3, I’ve also had to reset the Sonos system regularly. Annoying to say the least!
    I used to have this issue but having fitted the BT wifi discs throughout the house this solved the problem.