closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Service Advice re Raymond Weil watch....

Service Advice re Raymond Weil watch....

a pal of mine has his late father's Raymond Weil Parsifal watch - it is quartz

he has a very strong sentimental link to the watch (and wears it regularly in rotation with a Milgauss that I encouraged him to get)

it needs servicing and he has asked me for recommendations.

Any feedback gladly received

Master
    I'm not sure what this will run but I can't recall any Raymond Weil "In House" quartz movements, I think this will be a standard ETA (probably a 955.XXX) module.

Any decent independent should be able to service this for £100 or so. Raymond Weil will charge you double that, and if you go through one of the high street places like Beaverbrooks it'll cost double again ("It has to go back to Switzerland you know?").
    I really like Raymond Weil, I've had loads of then. It's a nice Swiss watch but a bog-standard movement so don't overpay, you can even buy a knackered but running one of these to steal the movement out of for £100-£150.

Just google local independent watchmakers. Failing that I'll have it done for you but there are most certainly closer places for you.

Kev

Master
    This thread has some recommendations for where to get a quartz serviced, such as Anglesey Clock & Watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    if you go through one of the high street places like Beaverbrooks it'll cost double again ("It has to go back to Switzerland you know”).
    If you’ve a quartz TAG Heuer, for example, Goldsmiths have the cheek to charge £275 for a routine service of a basic 3-hand watch.

That’s £275 to service a basic quartz, without any refinishing of the case. Sheer chutzpah, but I doubt they get hordes of people taking up the offer.

Master
    Definitely use an independent. I have a RW which I had to send back to them for some warranty work, and it came back running like an aged, three-legged dog. Very unimpressed overall.

Pretty sure any decent watchmaker will sort this one out without drama