closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silly Rolex Price

Silly Rolex Price

I saw this at an actual Rolex AD in the used cabinet. It’s one way to push your product I guess and no wonder there is a waiting list for steel models if customers can see an immediate uplift in value .

Blog Entries
    I’d have popped in and asked for more details. Like how old was it? Less than a year? Might be interesting, me being an old cynic!!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Seen sillier than that. Although seem to be less silly generally now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I’d have popped in and asked for more details. Like how old was it? Less than a year? Might be interesting, me being an old cynic!!
    Inclined to agree. Open the box, check the watch, pop it in the used section - those involved line their pockets - wouldn't you.

Most around here are in the £14ks....ridiculous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Inclined to agree. Open the box, check the watch, pop it in the used section - those involved line their pockets - wouldn't you.
    It would be very tempting wouldn’t it. Would be interesting if it was less than 12 months old with the warranty card included!
    Or are Rolex ADs buying watches back that they sold at list price for several thousand pounds more, to then sell at market prices? Have you got the warranty card sir? No you have it actually. Oh yes of course we do! 😂😂
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 15th December 2019 at 09:44.

Master
    Just keep lol’ing (as the kids say) at the prices, they will come down.

There’s been many threads on TRF saying “ad called” recently and these over priced ones are getting bumped and falling on the sales forums. There’s many grey dealers with multiples of these watches, something has to give.

Master
    Surely a Rolex AD is not allowed by Rolex themselves to sell a secondhand watch at above RRP?
    Seems wrong to me.

Well it looks like Rockefeller are concerned about the recent Rolex depreciation.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adz34 View Post
    Surely a Rolex AD is not allowed by Rolex themselves to sell a secondhand watch at above RRP?
    Seems wrong to me.
    I think a pure Rolex boutique will not be allowed to. But if you’re an AD with other brands and a pre-owned section, maybe that’s fine. Still doesn’t look good I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I think a pure Rolex boutique will not be allowed to. But if you’re an AD with other brands and a pre-owned section, maybe that’s fine. Still doesn’t look good I have to admit.
    Depends. Mappin & Webb have a trade in service in store and online. They quoted me £10.5k for my blnr which I ticked as average condition. Excellent would get you an extra £80. If they're buying then in for over list they should be able to sell over list. Bit of a weird one I admit.

Master
    Sorry, this thread title isn't meaningful enough. All Rolexs have silly prices - to be worthy as a discussion thread, surely the price has to be describable as ludicrous or insane, at least???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Sorry, this thread title isn't meaningful enough. All Rolexs have silly prices - to be worthy as a discussion thread, surely the price has to be describable as ludicrous or insane, at least???
    Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by adz34 View Post
    Seems wrong to me.
    They are allowed.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to trade in my 2 week old Pepsi against another watch.

Certainly Sir, do you have the box and warranty card.

No you have the warranty card. Apparently to stop people flipping them for a quick profit.

Oh yes Sir, thats fine then!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.