closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazing Accuracy

Amazing Accuracy

Dug out the receipt for my 116610LN to see if the 10 years were up, and it was due the £600 Rolex tax for a service.

The watch has been worn in rotation, but has had a good amount of use, and has always kept time bang on.

Well, I found out it is 10 years 3 months old and after 24 hours of timing it is still completely accurate to +/-0 seconds. After over 10 years! Is this usual?

I think I’ll put off the Rolex tax for now.

Good time keeping doesn’t necessarily mean the watch is healthy…..but you will get a wide range of opinions on whether to service or not.

Blog Entries
    Don’t regard a service as a tax?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Amazing Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Don’t regard a service as a tax?
    Not for ETA or Sellita, as there are options when servicing.

I call Rolex servicing a tax, it in the same way as you pay an Apple tax to own an iPhone, when you can get a similar spec Android at half the cost.

£600 to service a bog standard 3135 is pushing it. Thank god the residuals help.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 3rd June 2021 at 23:01.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Not for ETA or Sellita, as there are options when servicing.

I call Rolex servicing a tax, it in the same way as you pay an Apple tax to own an iPhone, when you can get a similar spec Android at half the cost.

£600 to service a bog standard 3135 is pushing it. Thank god the residuals help.
    same cost for IWC, Breitling B01, Omega coaxial, Zenith etc. Better not buy an AP, Patek or VC.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    same cost for IWC, Breitling B01, Omega coaxial, Zenith etc. Better not buy an AP, Patek or VC.
    Thanks, but I am well aware of service costs across manufacturers, and the flexibility a generic vs in-house movement allows when it comes to service time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Thanks, but I am well aware of service costs across manufacturers, and the flexibility a generic vs in-house movement allows when it comes to service time.
    I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be condescending. Looking at your original post it looks like your Rolex is keeping super time and I wish you good luck wearing for another 10 years! Martyn.