closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Four Sumos and a Turtle

Four Sumos and a Turtle

Some interesting Thai market watches here - the green sumo with white hands was A my favourite and B the cheapest so I'm mulling that over.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Don’t think about it , buy it

Four Sumos and a Turtle

Hi Ryan, the new sumo is your favorite? Bit hard to tell from my phone screen but looks like old and new green sumo in your pictures. Old one with green bezel and blue dial? Or is that a photographic effect?
    Nice selection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard green sumo is pick of the litter imo. If you don't want it I'll have it

Is the turtle the Zimbe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Is the turtle the Zimbe?
    Yeah but due to rarity and devaluation of the pound it now comes in at around £1.6k plus UK VAT so I'm out. The green Sumo can be had at a decent discount so around £400 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Hi Ryan, the new sumo is your favorite? Bit hard to tell from my phone screen but looks like old and new green sumo in your pictures. Old one with green bezel and blue dial? Or is that a photographic effect?
    Nice selection!

One of the sumos with yellow seconds hand is a JDM model. Then there is the standard new green Sumo. The rest are all Zimbes and all above £1.5k now due to poor exchange rates

Master
    The bottom one looks like it would make a great summer watch on a yellow Crafter Blue (if they ever get round to supplying them again).

Standard new green sumo for 400? Insta buy i’d say. Lovely watch and like the new bezel font. Thought they were closer to 800.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Standard new green sumo for 400? Insta buy i’d say. Lovely watch and like the new bezel font. Thought they were closer to 800.

Yep, £740 in Goldsmiths. Instant buy at £400 imo and many here would take it if you didn't bond. I would be first in line

Craftsman
    Green sumo for £400 is a no brainer...if you dont like it you could flip for a small profit.

Craftsman
    The new Sumo SPB103J1 for me.
    I did get a discount but alas not £340 off RRP!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah 41% discount and it takes it just below the £390 VAT/duty free threshold so no VAT due on it either. It's getting bought!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yeah but due to rarity and devaluation of the pound it now comes in at around £1.6k plus UK VAT so I'm out. The green Sumo can be had at a decent discount so around £400 or so

Wow! That is truly loopy!

Master
    The green sumo is definitely the pick of that particular pack, especially at that price!
    If you can get 2, I’ll take 1 :-)

Master
    New green the pick for me as well, although i've always fancied the 50th anniversary green (with the wave dial) Not so much at £1.6k though!!
    The new green at £400 for me is a no brainer (wish mine had cost that!)

Master
    Thai market? Fake then surely.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Thai market? Fake then surely.
    LOL. Thai market is one of the most important markets for Seiko, they release Thai market-only editions and this watch is available from an AD at that price inside one of the most prestigious shopping malls in the world (Siam Paragon). There is just a watch expo going on at the moment offering 30% off certain brands (none of the Boutique brands though although it will work on Breitling, Tag, Longines, Nomos, Orient etc. Grand Seiko have stated they aren't including themselves in the expo even though they aren't a boutique brand in Paragon but are inside that department store so I don't know why that is) plus a further 5% tourist discount plus a 6% VAT clawback. If it wasn't for the fact that baht is 30% higher vs the pound than before the Brexit vote that Sumo would be less than £300!

Sorry that I've got my inbox full lads, but I really can't bring anything back for anyone this time (the Draft Thread probably explains the motivations but I'd actually recommend going nowhere near that thread TBH).

Also as a heads up for any Bangkokians (they won't sell to you unless you are Thai or married to one or are a permanent resident) the Rolex and Tudor AD in Paragon is getting a delivery on friday and will have sports stuff. You won't get a Pepsi or a BLNR but a decent chance of a ND Sub or Explorer so give them a call.

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the offtopic, but I'm wondering if decent deals can be had on Grand Seiko in Thailand? I'm travelling to Bangkok in January and was planning on picking up an automatic or spring drive entry level GS.

Kind Regards,
    Catalin

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Inq24 View Post
    Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the offtopic, but I'm wondering if decent deals can be had on Grand Seiko in Thailand? I'm travelling to Bangkok in January and was planning on picking up an automatic or spring drive entry level GS.

Kind Regards,
    Catalin

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hi. The answer is yes but not as good as they used to be. Thai RRP is now about the same as the UK (but that's with sterling haven fallen around 30% against the Thai Baht) and you'll get 30% off at the Emporium Seiko Boutique but by the time you pay UK VAT you'd be better off either waiting for a Jura Watches promo or buying from Timeless Luxury Watches in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    New green the pick for me as well, although i've always fancied the 50th anniversary green (with the wave dial) Not so much at £1.6k though!!
    The new green at £400 for me is a no brainer (wish mine had cost that!)

What discount did you manage to get? Voucher cloud have a 15% off code for Goldsmiths but still seems quite high.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What discount did you manage to get? Voucher cloud have a 15% off code for Goldsmiths but still seems quite high.
    I brought the JDM model from Seiya before they were available in the UK, so after tax and fees not much less than UK retail. SiSetts might be able to give you an idea, i believe he got his in the UK.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Seemed like a good offer to me but out of stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Seemed like a good offer to me but out of stock now.
    Showing as in stock for me and code for 15% still works but £629 is still quite expensive imo. I have some leftover vouchers so could get for £500 all in but would need to drive to Sutton to get it which isn't ideal.