closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko with decent hands.....

Seiko with decent hands.....

.. this SNE543P1 (£370 RRP) arrived today and I was taken with the hand shape, very MMish.

Also I liked the textured dial and creamy lume, my pictures are poor when it comes to colour definition but the colour is subtle in real life.

I was thinking of getting the new Arnie and I will eventually but this model really took my eye. It is the same size as the newish golden solar diver at 47mm diameter and 45.5mm top to tale (not including the lugs) and abouot 12mm thick.

Anyway here a few photo's...

Good size for my big wrists

Next to the SNE498P1

Master
    That i like. Must resist....!

Looks really nice, Im in two minds about the green strap though.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Wow - I like that a lot!

Is that the ‘street’ series? I’ve also seen them in grey and blue. Really like them but wear too small on my wrists (I’m one of those people with large flat wrists that suits a big watch). Hadn’t realised how nice the handset is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice mod

prefect match..hands and indices

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Is that the ‘street’ series? I’ve also seen them in grey and blue. Really like them but wear too small on my wrists (I’m one of those people with large flat wrists that suits a big watch). Hadn’t realised how nice the handset is

No I don't think it is, the 'Street Series' appears to have three models (Navy, Grey and Olive) different plots and hands.

It is more akin to the new 'Lowercase' limited series produced for 'United Arrows' - quite like the gold version.

Master
    Thanks LuvWatch for your post, saw it last night and agree with you the hand and marker combination is a good one
    I also like the colours as they are a little different
    also reminded me of my old Frankenmonster to some degree,
    anyway I um and ah'd last night and this morning before going for it an ordering one this afternoon

I know it will probably wear too big and the strap will definitely be too long but I had to take a punt, delivery now confirmed for the morning
    Last edited by Tuna1138; 22nd August 2019 at 00:01.

You've talked me into it lads. Probably a bit big for me too, but I really like the look of it, and these tuna style watches often wear a bit smaller than the spec suggests, so I might get away with it.

Master
    it's here, I really like it
    colour and size perfect

Master
    Very nice, was thinking of buying one of the 'Street Series' tunas which are similar apart from the dial. But I prefer that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    it's here, I really like it
    colour and size perfect
    Well done looks good, not too big at all

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    Well done looks good, not too big at all
    Cheers, thanks again for your post I would have missed this otherwise
    really like the colour scheme, ordered a dark green Zuludiver rubber strap, as I expected the Seiko rubber is a tad too long
    Quality is spot on for the money, nice bezel action, crown did feel a little bit flimsy/wobbly when setting date & time but solid when screwed in

Seiko produce a smaller Tuna in loads of cool colourways, I buy one and it looks tiddly on my wrist - so now I fancy one of the really expensive MM full fat versions instead . Noooooooooo!!! Damn my chunky wrists!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Seiko produce a smaller Tuna in loads of cool colourways, I buy one and it looks tiddly on my wrist - so now I fancy one of the really expensive MM full fat versions instead . Noooooooooo!!! Damn my chunky wrists!!!!!!
    Mmmm...full fat Tuna

Oof that’s the fella!

Mine arrived today, already love it!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Master
    Still loving the Prospex, couldn't get on with the original strap (too long). Briefly tried a rubber Zuludiver which wasn't quite right for me.
    So yesterday I ordered an Erika's original in Sand colour. I think I may have unnecessary spent €65 as I found this in my strap box today, a Hadley Roma with pvd buckle...I think this is the one (for now )

my crap phone pictures don't do the colour combination justice
    Last edited by Tuna1138; 27th August 2019 at 18:01.

I do like that, and I like the green strap. The Seiko silicone straps are I suppose too long for me also, but they are so comfortable they tend to stay on. I have the sea grapes turtle with a similar green strap, but should have bought a solar like this really as the turtle tends to stay in the box because I can't be bothered setting time, day, and date just to wear it for a day.

Proper job
    Gray