closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'Watch' Shopping in Turkey

Master

'Watch' Shopping in Turkey

It must have been nearly 30 years since I last visited Turkey when there a few dodgy shops selling dodgy watches. I'm currently in Bodrum and I did a double take looking at the watch shops now, the first one I saw I thought was an official boutique until I remembered where I was!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Unbelievable! It does look fairly legit at a glance.

I remember similar in Bulgaria years back, maybe not on that scale though.

You'll need to go to Yalikavak or Bodrum marina for a real Rolex but their stock situation is worse than ours and that's before you mention the service.

Izmir is meant to be better but not exactly local.

Many, many years ago before I really got into watches, I bought a fake Seamaster Chrono from one of these places in Turkey. It lasted for ages, was used in water and kept fantastic time - quartz obviously.

I was in Beaverbrooks in Newcastle maybe a year later and the sales assistant said "lovely Omega!"

Craftsman
    I bought a Breitling when younger from a shop in Egypt .

It was ok and was a bit of fun for the price.
    Anyhows, next day its working still , and the next . All good.
    Fly home and yep , still working until I get to the end of the month and it goes 31st.....32,33rd,34....................... up to the 39th of the month then decided enough was enough and back to 1st

Ive still got it . You had to laugh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    I bought a Breitling when younger from a shop in Egypt .

It was ok and was a bit of fun for the price.
    Anyhows, next day its working still , and the next . All good.
    Fly home and yep , still working until I get to the end of the month and it goes 31st.....32,33rd,34....................... up to the 39th of the month then decided enough was enough and back to 1st

Ive still got it . You had to laugh !!!

Master
    Richard Mille anyone?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was in Turkey a few weeks ago and was told that the watches on display are the "cheap ones".

A bog standard ceramic Daytona was about $200 (before that haggle), however they claimed to have better quality models which featured a fully functional "Swiss" movement which were fully waterproof. The price of a all singing and dancing Daytona was $700. I couldn't say how good a fake it was because I have never seen a real one in the flesh.

They did have some very interesting watches, including a Uwerks genuine fake.

The blue dial SS Sky-dweller was rather tempting, but a very slippery slope.

In other news, I did see a new genuine Omega Moonwatch in the big box, plus addition straps and loop, etc for a "special" price of £4350 - I saw minty 2016 one in the UK for less than £2800.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche