closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterproof jacket.

Craftsman
    Columbia's out dry material is light years ahead of anything else out there in terms of waterproof-ness, weight , breathable-ness and durability.
    Goretex is still good, but it has some issues, mainly how its so delicate that it has to have an external layer of fabric, which, once the hydrophobic coating wears off, can easily become waterlogged affecting breathability.

The only issue with outdry is the styling, it can look a bit like those shiny "shell suit" trackies from the 80's but if your concern is weight, waterproof & durability, you simply cannot beat columbia outdry.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Berghaus still is the Uniform of the wrong un around these parts. Shame it used to be really good stuff I’ve still got somewhere one of there first goretex jackets from about 40 years ago. Just passed my Bergen on that I bought in 84 it only needed a new bit of elastic where it had perished. Currently my only goretex is an Arcteryx Alpha SV totally bomb proof

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    It's North Face that's the clothing of choice for the budding score round here, when they're not wearing superdry hoodies.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Thomas Reid
    I generally just get casual clothes from Craghoppers. Everything from 3-in-1 jackets to linen and cotton mix shirts and tee-shirts.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    It's North Face that's the clothing of choice for the budding score round here, when they're not wearing superdry hoodies.

Every burglar and car thief of any standing wear The North Face, but they need weatherproof, warm clothing at night.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    Every burglar and car thief of any standing wear The North Face, but they need weatherproof, warm clothing at night.
    Hahahahahaha cracker.Whatever happened to fake Burberry baseball caps and scarves?

Master
    British army surplus MVP (Moisture Vapour Permeable) hardshell jacket, new old stock, British made, goretex. Very basic outer waterproof layer over anything else. A bit short on pockets but it does keep the rain out. Baggy fit. Desert camo (sand/tan) that fits the present drought landscape pretty well. ;-). Ugly as hell (my wife thinks) but I don't need a 'nice' jacket to go scoop out manure from the donkey shed in pouring rain or stay dry when it pours during a forest hike.
    50 euros. Got it from Finland...
    Given that all the big brands now have their stuff made in cheapo Asia I prefer to spend my limited budget elsewhere.