closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dealer Stock

Apprentice

Dealer Stock

Good morning all.

First post on here, I am looking to buy a 41mm Datejust for my Sons 21st, is there anyway of checking dealer stock, or is it the case of having to phone every single dealer to ask about shop stock ?

Welcome to the forum,
    Your Rolex enquiry has been noted and lots of people will be along shortly ,,,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantic View Post
    Good morning all.

First post on here, I am looking to buy a 41mm Datejust for my Sons 21st, is there anyway of checking dealer stock, or is it the case of having to phone every single dealer to ask about shop stock ?
    Easy enough. Pop into the closest dealer where you have spent at least £10k over the past 12 months and they will sort you out. If you have spent less than this then you are going to be waiting quite a while

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Welcome.
    I'd say ringing around would be the best bet.
    Thankfully, a 41mm DJ shouldn't be too hard to find.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Easy enough. Pop into the closest dealer where you have spent at least £10k over the past 12 months and they will sort you out. If you have spent less than this then you are going to be waiting quite a while

Unfortunately Popping into the dealer in Barbados isnt too easy

Try calling into the the chain stores like Goldsmiths/Watches of Switzerland and Frazer Hart as they'll be able to check their group stock. Otherwise you'd need to call each independent authorised dealer.

Craftsman

Dealers

There are a few dealers in Barbados and with it being the Off season at the moment it will be pretty quiet on the tourist front, so every chance to possibly pick something up. They may of course just keep the good stuff in the safe until the big spending Tourist masses arrives in the expensive high season.

He is going to be twenty-one, are you sure he wants a Datejust?

Quote Originally Posted by Recht View Post
    He’s obviously a twenty-one year old with taste! Plus, I would have thought the SS DJ41 with plain bezel would suit all ages.

Craftsman
    Welcome to the forum.

I think its definitely possible to get a SSdj41, at worse case a few months wait. Your best bet is to visit as many ADs near to you and introduce yourself and explain your requirements. From my limited knowledge you may have to wait a few weeks to a few months, this is from someone who has had 2 dj41 in the past 12 months.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    There are a few dealers in Barbados and with it being the Off season at the moment it will be pretty quiet on the tourist front, so every chance to possibly pick something up.
    Don't forget to factor in the 20% VAT you'll need to pay when you bring it back into the UK - unless you're willing to take the chance of illegally smuggling it into the country.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Recht View Post
    as in the DJ41 isn't appealing to a 21 year old ?

Master
    There are at least two AD's in Barbados - the Royal Shop in Bridgetown and they have another one at the port (they can get stock from either shop). They may well have one. Last time I was there in December 2014 they had two, yes TWO deep sue blue's. How times have changed. Anyway worth a shout. I bought my first ever Rolex from them in 2005 - no discounts on SS back then, only on two tone, gold and datejusts! Got a free bottle of coke though :-)

as in the DJ41 isn't appealing to a 21 year old ?
    Possibly, at 21 DateJusts did nothing for me. It wasn't until I was nearing my 40's they started to become more appealing. That's not to say your son shares the same point of view.

My friends in their 30's have chosen an Explorer 42mm, an Explorer 40mm, GMTc and SeaDweller and Panerai's, none have a DateJust.

Master
    Friend got his son an Explorer as a 21st gift (after a short wait at the local AD). Son was very happy. It's a classic watch that suits whatever age you are.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Possibly, at 21 DateJusts did nothing for me. It wasn't until I was nearing my 40's they started to become more appealing. That's not to say your son shares the same point of view.

My friends in their 30's have chosen an Explorer 42mm, an Explorer 40mm, GMTc and SeaDweller and Panerai's, none have a DateJust.
    Chris, I totally agree that an Explorer would suit better, but they are even more like hens teeth to find :)

Chris, I totally agree that an Explorer would suit better, but they are even more like hens teeth to find :)
    Max 3 month wait on an Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Max 3 month wait on an Explorer

I was told this a few weeks ago whilst trying one on at my local AD. I could have had the one I was trying on immediately.

Craftsman
    Ordered one on the 8th.July , got a call today to say it was in stock and I’ll pop in and collect this week.

Craftsman
    Clearly,you know your son better than any respondent will, but I’d echo the sentiments of the group that a DateJust is not a young man’s watch, in the main. If you know he wants a DateJust, clearly carry on. If you’re going for a DateJust because it’s easier to get hold of, I’d encourage you to seek out an Explorer which has a slightly more rugged vibe to it.

They don’t appear to be as difficult to get hold of as some others, so provided you allow yourself some time, it should be possible.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Ordered one on the 8th.July , got a call today to say it was in stock and I’ll pop in and collect this week.
    what combination did you order? , I have been quoted 3-4 months for a dj41 from goldsmiths .

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I was told this a few weeks ago whilst trying one on at my local AD. I could have had the one I was trying on immediately.
    Ditto. I’ve been in four shops in last six months, one in Halifax Nova Scotia, Toronto Ontario, LAX California and another shop by Laguna beach in Cali.... after a few minutes of conversation each store managed to pull an explorer out of the safe and offer it for sale. I’m considering taking the next one up on their offer and buy one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    what combination did you order? , I have been quoted 3-4 months for a dj41 from goldsmiths .
    Jubilee , fluted bezel , blue dial.

Journeyman
    nice , congrats

Apprentice

Dealer Stock

All, Just to let you know, I found a 41mm Datejust with Black face and plain Bezel for my son in HL Brown's in Sheffield, if anyone is interested they also have a White Faced, and a Silver Faced 41mm in stock !

- - - Updated - - -

All, Just to let you know, I found a 41mm Datejust with Black face and plain Bezel for my son in HL Brown's in Sheffield, if anyone is interested they also have a White Faced, and a Silver Faced 41mm in stock !
    Sorry, and a Blue faced !

Journeyman
    congrats not a long wait at all , enjoy the watch