Thread: ROLEX BATMAN PRE OWNED ON GOLDSMITHS WEBSITE

Blog Entries

ROLEX BATMAN PRE OWNED ON GOLDSMITHS WEBSITE

Rolex batman pre owned for sale
    On goldsmith's website
    At a bargain NOT lol

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Pre+Own.../406102009490/

Blog Entries
    If you can't beat them join them I guess for the AD's.

Craftsman
    They'll have plenty of stickers lying about to stick back on!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    On goldsmith's website
    At a bargain NOT lol
    Wonder which AD originally supplied ....

Master
    I'm sure that it will make someone happy, sitting in a draw and wearing it indoors for a few minutes each month

are 'new" Rolex wrist watches anymore? - I getting to think that they, (current "new" SS models), are just a waste of time

Wonder if you sold your watch to them above list if they'd blacklist you from future watches? Wonder if you traded in at list if they'd let you buy a similar hard to get watch at list?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wonder if you sold your watch to them above list if they'd blacklist you from future watches? Wonder if you traded in at list if they'd let you buy a similar hard to get watch at list?
    Bit hypocritical if you ask me, AD won't sell you a watch if they suspect you're a flipper yet are quite happy to fuel the secondary market by buying and selling second hand. I look forward to the day when the whole pack of cards comes tumbling down.

Craftsman
    I wonder if they would release the warranty card before the year is up if they take the watch back in?

Craftsman
    Dutch chain Schaaf & Citroen have been doing so for a while ....

https://preowned.schaapcitroen.nl/en...-98595822.html

Even the price levels are similar

On goldsmith's website
    At a bargain NOT lol

Probably "a new watch" they are calling "pre-owned" in order to be allowed to increase the price. New at MSRP or pre-owned at MSRP x2?

Blog Entries
    They state its circa 2016.

Journeyman
    Totally hypocritical imho, not sure it sits too well charging inflated price when a Rolex AD, and openly looking down on other watch owners that do the same...

There's 53 pre-owned Rolex advertised on the Goldsmiths' site.

The same 53 watches are also advertised on the WoS site.

They've been in the pre-owned Rolex (and other brands, of course!) business for years, so it's not a new thing. Many Rolex ADs sell pre-owned Rolex watches. They'll be priced at the prevailing market rate, which may be higher or lower than RRP.

More froth & pearl-clutching about hee-haw.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

They've been in the pre-owned Rolex (and other brands, of course!) business for years, so it's not a new thing. Many Rolex ADs sell pre-owned Rolex watches. They'll be priced at the prevailing market rate, which may be higher or lower than RRP.

To be fair this is the first time I've seen and AD selling a watch well above list.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Bit hypocritical if you ask me, AD won't sell you a watch if they suspect you're a flipper yet are quite happy to fuel the secondary market by buying and selling second hand. I look forward to the day when the whole pack of cards comes tumbling down.
    It stinks doesn't it?

Goldsmiths are an Authorised Dealer. Why would they sell any desirable Rolex at RRP now, it's completely insane that they can get a shipment of new watches in, call them Used and double their profit margin.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

No froth and pearls here, perfectly entitled to of course, but removing stickers and holding back warranty card to prevent others doing the same is hypocrisy, pure and simple...

Master
    I don’t know why Rolex don’t just up the List Price and get rid of the profiteers. Makes no sense to me.

I remember when everyone would start murmuring when a “Rolex Price Rise” thread started.

As much as a Rolex fan boy I was......there’s much more interesting stuff out there.....if you can deal with it not being a Rolex.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    It stinks doesn't it?

Goldsmiths are an Authorised Dealer. Why would they sell any desirable Rolex at RRP now, it's completely insane that they can get a shipment of new watches in, call them Used and double their profit margin.
    First of all this is an older BLNR as it has the Oyster bracelet, newer ones are Jubilee - as I’m sure you know. Pretty soon Aurum Group will be sole distribution agents of Rolex in the UK (I suspect). They will not jeopardise their relationship with the Golden Goose of Rolex for the sake of a few thousand pounds extra profit selling what is a small number of desirable sports watches on the grey market. In respect of sale price, yes I may personally have a great relationship with my AD but that did not affect sale price of my Pepsi - I paid list. The guy that bought the Hulk that came in stock the same day as my watch paid list. However, there was someone in the shop at the same time that I was picking up my Pepsi who was trying to sell a pre-owned Hulk - the AD offered him £8,800 (he declined). So they had sold a new Hulk for £6,600 (or whatever list is now) and were trying to buy a used one for £8,800 on the same day.

There is no sense, rhyme, or reason with Rolex now and it’ll get worse before it gets better. In short, I guess you either play the game by these new (farcical?) rules or buy a different brand.

Master
    Agree with many on this thread. It is dispicable that they are joining the 'grey' dealers and being able to offer a watch such as this at double the RRP.

Makes a mockery of the whole system. I was just in the AD this week collecting the card for the same watch (BLNR) that they have kept in an attempt to make sure I don't sell and profit from it...a little ironic that they are doing the very same thing themselves!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Pretty soon Aurum Group will be sole distribution agents of Rolex in the UK (I suspect). T
    Where are these insights coming from???

Master
    A few years ago I thought I’d struck lucky finding a white dial ceramic Daytona in an AD’s window display.

After making enquiries it turns out that particular watch was being sold on behalf of a ‘client’ for almost double retail. Walked away at the time but given prices now it probably wasn’t too bad of a deal.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    I don’t know why Rolex don’t just up the List Price and get rid of the profiteers.
    Right - because previous increases to list prices have been incredibly effective in dampening the secondary market ?

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    I don’t know why Rolex don’t just up the List Price and get rid of the profiteers. Makes no sense to me.
    I'd rather they just take orders with deposits and delivery date. Problem is for every buyer that wants to own a Daytona, there are a 1000 that want to buy one and sell for a profit so that market isn't a true reflection of demand. If everyone who wanted one could get one at RRP, even with a wait, the grey market would slowly disappear.

Craftsman
    NG took a Panerai of mine in px against a Rhodium YM last year , why wouldn’t they take a BLNR in either px or an outright purchase if it can be sold at market price which makes them a profit ?

No difference in px a car against a new one.

Can’t see what the fuss is all about to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    Right - because previous increases to list prices have been incredibly effective in dampening the secondary market ?

Got it.
    5% is nothing. Put the usual SS suspects up 30-35% and the Daytona 50% and increase supply (but don't flood the market) and things will calm down. That won't resolve the issue but will take the wind out of a few sails.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post

Got it.

Totally failed with PP......why would Rolex be any different......ergo it's not going to happen.

Master
    It stinks doesn't it?

When you put it like that it just shows how ridiculous the whole thing has become.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather they just take orders with deposits and delivery date. Problem is for every buyer that wants to own a Daytona, there are a 1000 that want to buy one and sell for a profit so that market isn't a true reflection of demand. If everyone who wanted one could get one at RRP, even with a wait, the grey market would slowly disappear.
    It would certainly be a big step in the right direction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Where are these insights coming from???
    Aurum already control nearly 80% of Rolex UK sales, it is also known that Rolex are reducing their number of UK ADs. Given Rolex’s removal of licenses for smaller ADs, others who are caught discounting (and quite frankly anyone who doesn’t tow the company line) and Aurum’s further expansion this would make sense. After all with Goldsmiths, WoS and others in the group it might even improve flow of more desirable watches.

Craftsman
    Aurum already control nearly 80% of Rolex UK sales, it is also known that Rolex are reducing their number of UK ADs. Given Rolex’s removal of licenses for smaller ADs, others who are caught discounting (and quite frankly anyone who doesn’t tow the company line) and Aurum’s further expansion this would make sense. After all with Goldsmiths, WoS and others in the group it might even improve flow of more desirable watches.

And they’ll still dance to whatever tune Rolex are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    To be fair this is the first time I've seen an AD selling a watch well above list.
    It stinks doesn't it?

Not every Goldsmiths branch is a Rolex AD. Would it be OK if a non-Rolex AD branch of the chain was handling the sale?

Besides which, they're not selling this three-year-old watch as part of the AD function which they operate under licence from Rolex UK (who don't deal in used watches, AFAIK). They're selling it as hawkers of used goods to the general public, where market rates prevail, as part of their wider watches/jewellery portfolio.
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    On goldsmith's website
    At a bargain NOT lol

Just checked the link again & it says it’s unavailable. Wonder why it’s no longer for sale

Master
    Again where are all these 'facts' coming from???

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    Just checked the link again & it says it’s unavailable. Wonder why it’s no longer for sale
    It looks like its sold

Master
    Blog Entries
    Free delivery. Next day as well. Like Amazon Prime for mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post

...and no price to be seen. If you have to ask, you cannot afford it. Move along now...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    If you can't beat them join them I guess for the AD's.
    Yawn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Jeez, this thread.

It’s like the Daily Mail on a slow day. Shop sells something, someone moans coz shop is selling something, crowd gather with pitch forks.

P.S. Shop still has it for sale as at 2 minutes ago for £13,995 but one can, of course, protest and trot over to WF and pay more.

img upload site

Blog Entries
    With you MQ.

Dislike what’s going on but it’s business at the end of the day and good luck to them.

I have several of the brand in my collection vintage and new and the last three I have paid over RRP for, my choice, life is to short to wait and if funds allow buy, wear and enjoy.

Pitch