timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black (watch) Monday - Show Your PVD & DLC

Master

Smiths Seafire

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    Hi Dougal,
    No issues with the finish at all and as you mention, the movement is great. Changing or setting the time is different but really easy.
    Thanks Adam. I love how you change the time on a Seafire: it adds to its charm. Is there anything else like this? I’m not aware of another watch with this movement that’s available today.

Here's a Zenith El Primero, gun metal case carbon fibre dial dark hands and hour plots but in the light it glints and shines. Amazing watch and that's before the exposed balance escapement and running seconds add interest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    Here's a Zenith El Primero, gun metal case carbon fibre dial dark hands and hour plots but in the light it glints and shines. Amazing watch and that's before the exposed balance escapement and running seconds add interest.
    Wow that is amazing! I cannot find anything about it on the Web. Is it new?

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Thank you - yes I feel the same re: the ceramic case, its lovely. I did initially like the gold accent version but this was too hard to miss (52% off RRP!). The fact I managed to get a virtually exact same looking strap and a black PVD buckle makes it even better for me. It's my most worn watch.

I actually went the opposite way to many - sold my SubC date in June and bought this, a BB GMT and am due to pick up a BB58 this week - all 3 for a decent bit less than I sold my Rolex for to Watchmaster. I've always worn my PAM312 most of the time but its not been touched since I got the 2 Tudors and look forward to getting the 58
    I like your thinking

It almost reads like Rolex top secret strategy for global domination - move Rolex into the high end luxury segment to maximise profits through supply restriction and demand stimulation. Position Tudor into the space vacated by Rolex but with its own distinct style - Rolex credentials with a Tudor twist. Voila
    Gray

It's black and tough

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I like your thinking

It almost reads like Rolex top secret strategy for global domination - move Rolex into the high end luxury segment to maximise profits through supply restriction and demand stimulation. Position Tudor into the space vacated by Rolex but with its own distinct style - Rolex credentials with a Tudor twist. Voila
    Haha. Like it. All for it too!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Wow that is amazing! I cannot find anything about it on the Web. Is it new?
    Thank you abraxas. I too knew nothing about this one until I saw it on SC. So it’s gunmetal as opposed to black stealthy but with bling that is the look of polished dark surfaces which glint when they catch the light. Screw down crown 10 atm w/r and a v comfy and in tune with the look Nomex coated rubber strap.
    Until I saw this I had never been attracted to open hearts. This watch in its own context has changed that. The El Primero is IMO an aesthetically pleasing view. To be able to see the balance and escapement working with the running seconds in a group is wonderful. The watch is 45mm but not hefty and the dial area is big enough so that the open heart does not dominate.
    The watch was made for a catamaran racing team called Spindrift and that is acknowledged by the team name appearing unobtrusively on the rehaut and on the rotor visible when looking at the movement from the back. This is not showy brand attribution and in fact even the Zenith logo on this watch is understated.
    So it’s a Zenith treasure IMO. The other model in the series is a rose gold and titanium version which takes bling to a different level.
    I think this keeps a balance between stealth and bling rather well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro