closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay Help Needed From Experts! International Shipping Costs Once Listing Running...

Master

eBay Help Needed From Experts! International Shipping Costs Once Listing Running...

Right, been using ebay for years but normally to buy. So, surprised I'm here, but the issue:

I've listed something which is getting bids from international bidders despite me stating 'International bidders contact me before bidding'. Only a couple have asked for international postage costs, the rest just bidding. I've tried to amend the listing for international costs, but it is locked and won't let me do that. Probably me rushing to catch the £1 final fee made me sloppy...

- Do I contact bidders and advise them that there is an additional cost on top of the purchase price? Is that allowed?
    - Or, do I cancel the bids from those not contacting me?
    - Or, do I end the listing and revise the costs and possibly lose the bids?

One of the bidders is a new, 0 feedback account from Italy which doesn't give me faith...

Cheers!

Master
    Go into your description and add in capital letters, I will not ship overseas, UK buyers only.
    Then if it ends and the buyer is say Italian, then you can decline to ship.

Craftsman

eBay Help Needed From Experts! International Shipping Costs Once Listing Running...

How much is the item, if it’s under £1500 it will be covered by the Global shipping program so won’t be your problem, you just pay the regular postage to the dispatch hub in the UK, if it’s more than that it’s a little more tricky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Go into your description and add in capital letters, I will not ship overseas, UK buyers only.
    Then if it ends and the buyer is say Italian, then you can decline to ship.
    I'm OK sending overseas, but it has to be insured which costs... £140 for Australia, £80 for Italy, etc

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    How much is the item, if it’s under £1500 it will be covered by the Global shipping program so won’t be your problem, you just pay the regular postage to the dispatch hub in the UK, if it’s more than that it’s a little more tricky

Hadn't signed up for GSP, so was gonna post myself. It'll hit near £1500 methinks. I'm sure that I cant sign up for GSP retrospectively!

Master
    Delete the ad and realist?

Master
    I would cancel your auction and relist I stopped international bidders years ago as I think selling on eBay is dodgy enough these days without adding another layer of problems especially with high price items

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I would cancel your auction and relist I stopped international bidders years ago as I think selling on eBay is dodgy enough these days without adding another layer of problems especially with high price items
    ^^^^^ This,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Be careful. I’ve heard, but not experienced, that eBay sometimes charge a final value fee on cancelled listings based on the latest high bid. I think it’s to try and avoid people dealing outside ebay. I’d suggest doing some basic investigation before cancelling, or perhaps canceling all bids before ending the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Be careful. I’ve heard, but not experienced, that eBay sometimes charge a final value fee on cancelled listings based on the latest high bid. I think it’s to try and avoid people dealing outside ebay. I’d suggest doing some basic investigation before cancelling, or perhaps canceling all bids before ending the listing.
    You should be ok if you relist immediately but then you’ll lose that £1 final value fee.

See if you can add international delivery through the gap. It’s easy and You only need to send it to their depot in the UK.

Master
    If you cancel and relist it will be ok, ebay will see what you've done.
    Just check that ebays GSP will cover your shipment, ( value wise ), then as has been mentioned, you only have to make sure it gets to the hub, then it's down to ebay to make sure it reaches the buyer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    They will if they see any messages to anyone about the item. They tried it with me like that when I sold some tyres and sold via a Gumtree ad and cancelled my lEbay listing. Ebay told me they were going to charge me anyhow so I relisted the (now sold) tyres for much more money (to deter new buyers) and let the listing run it’s course and expire “item didn’t sell”. They never did charge me.

Master
    Thanks guys. So, is Ebay's GSP secure and cost effective? Can I still be scammed by the brand-new, 0 feedback, Italian bidder?

If you use GSP, send it tracked to their GSP centre and then forget it. You get paid whatever UK postage charge you’ve set and eBay sort everything else. The postage charge on the ad that the international bidder sees will be considerably higher than what the uk bidder sees. eBay or their partners take the difference.

Once it’s at the GSP depot, your worries are basically over. I don’t think scammers target GSP listings as it’s so much more difficult for them.

Craftsman
    Zero feedback new accounts etc please contact before bidding at the bottom of your listing then you can just cancel Mr Italian’s bid.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Zero feedback new accounts etc please contact before bidding at the bottom of your listing then you can just cancel Mr Italian’s bid.
    Once you have a bid on an item, any edits to the listing add to the bottom as a new entry, they do not change the original listing so the buyer could claim you moved the goalposts after their bid.

Just cancel the listing "item no longer available" then relist in a few days with your bidders filters set how you wish.