closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PILOTS- Citizen Navihawk

PILOTS- Citizen Navihawk

I've recently seen a youtube interview with an ex F111 pilot now flying 757 cargo planes. I think he mentioned the Citizen as being great for his work, due to the multiple timezones being available at the press of a button. And the timing being accurate to atomic clock standards.
    Any pilots here have a favourite watch they wear when flying ?
    Last edited by theylive; 18th August 2019 at 16:18. Reason: addition

Amongst My fellow Boeing and Scarebus Drivers the Breitling Aerospace is a huge favourite with the odd G-Shock,Citizen Navihawks are actually popular as well also spotted in recent times are The Speedmaster sadly Rolexes are more common on the wrists of our Cabin Crew but the ones who've been flying in excess of 25+ years mainly because My Pilot community are on Wife number 2,3 or more!I personally think the Navihawk is a fab piece of kit.

Watches are far less important for modern pilots than they used to be for a couple of main reasons:

1. Almost all aircraft are now fitted with GPS whether incorporated into a flight computer or standalone. Even older aircraft will probably have a handheld GPS mounted somewhere so you always have extremely accurate time.
    2. In the days before smartphones having a watch that had dual-time and an alarm was extremely useful.

During my military flying days I initially used an issued Gen 1 Seiko and more latterly a Breitling Aerospace Avantage. I no longer fly for a living but if I did I would wear whatever watch was the current favourite.

Craftsman
    When training for my PPL I wore this Seiko chrono.

Grand Master
    Most of the Pilots I meet each day typically wear Breitlings.

But I've made in roads to other brands by selling them others.

Craftsman
    Not a pilot myself, but looking round the pilots tents at airshows, the Breitling Aerospace is fairly ubiquitous.

Craftsman
    Rolex GMT’s seem to work well for me

cheap gas stations near me now

I generally prefer pilot or GMT style watches:

But it depends on the job. Sometimes a G-Shock is better:

And next time I go flying I’ll wear my new Squadron watch:

The website the pilot interview came from is aircrew interview. They used to advetise pilot watches, which looked to me like an old russian pilots style watch I used to wear.

Master
    Now THAT'S an interesting topic and I enjoyed the replies from the various pilots on here. Thanks

Journeyman
    Amongst my colleagues there's a couple of Citizen's, a fair few G-Shock and a smattering of Seiko. Generally once the master switches are on we use the GPS clock but whilst sat waiting for the self-loading freight to show up it's our watches we use. As others have said, technology these days has probably largely removed the need for a watch with specific aviation features (dual time etc.) but that doesn't mean I don't have any:)

I had a Navihawk many years ago - - thought it looked really cool! It kind of did, unless you were trying to decipher information presented on the dial. It was like Grand Central Station the week before Christmas!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I had a Navihawk many years ago - - thought it looked really cool! It kind of did, unless you were trying to decipher information presented on the dial. It was like Grand Central Station the week before Christmas!
    Haha I can see what you mean. One of my main gripes with Citizen in general is their use of very small date windows, which I find, very hard to read at the best of times.

Master
    Have to agree the Navihawk is a great watch but can look a bit busy. I have one but tend to use a G-Shock, Breitling B1 or Aerospace when flying.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app