closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bought a Tudor GMT after much procrastination...

Master

Bought a Tudor GMT after much procrastination...

Having researched the GMT to death as a replacement for my blue Pelagos I picked one up today. The decision was made all the more easier having tried it on. The chamfer on the bottom of the case really reduces the slab sided impact of the side of the case. Also, with the crystal being 1.5mm tall ish it wears a lot like my omega AT 41.5mm 8500. The chief difference is the width of the bracelet which makes it look substantial on the wrist. The crispness of this in contrast to the rest of the range is what I really like. I am not a fan of the faux coloured minute track on the other BB41 watches. Also, owning a 58 it’s nice to have a more modern look to vary the collection. The white lume and silver marker surrounds is bloody lovely. The bezel looks superb and the red GMT hand is a great splash of colour. Early days yet but it’s beaut.

Stu
    Last edited by Stuno1; 18th August 2019 at 14:14.

I love mine and wear it a lot. Congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s my most worn watch at the moment and excellent value for money.

Enjoy. It looks good on the bracelet.

Never really noticed the chamfer before. Interesting observation of yours that it affects the slab-side perception, which is one thing that puts me off the BB family.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Never really noticed the chamfer before. Interesting observation of yours that it affects the slab-side perception, which is one thing that puts me off the BB family.
    Indeed. This image really shows the difference. BB41 on top and GMT on the bottom.

The GMT wears a lot better than its dimensions might suggest. Even I get away with it with my sub 7 inch wrists.

Also, the smaller applied markers give it more of a dressy and sophisticated look in contrast to the maxi style markers on the rest of the Black Bay range.

All in all it’s a very good looking watch.

I'm wearing one a lot at the moment. Tudor is currently my most worn brand, with a GMT, Harrods, and Bucherer within the current rotation.

I tried on BB58, but much prefer the 14060 Sub.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Congrats, it really is a great watch and good value. I got another one a few weeks back having sold my first one last year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    The GMT wears a lot better than its dimensions might suggest. Even I get away with it with my sub 7 inch wrists.

Also, the smaller applied markers give it more of a dressy and sophisticated look in contrast to the maxi style markers on the rest of the Black Bay range.

All in all it’s a very good looking watch.

Absolutely, the thickness stat puts of a lot of folk including me initially. Recognising the case is 13mm thick (crystal adding 1.5mm) and the implementation of the chamfer on the bottom of the case to reduce visual thickness it wears really well imo and smaller than the dimensions suggest.

Congrats on the new purchase, I’m on my second GMT after selling the first one foolishly. I absolutely love it the only thing to make it perfect is if the bracelet wasn’t faux-riveted IMO!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase, I’m on my second GMT after selling the first one foolishly. I absolutely love it the only thing to make it perfect is if the bracelet wasn’t faux-riveted IMO!

Why did you sell the fist one? I think flat crystal like the Pelagos and either half links or glide lock and it would be perfect. I dont notice the fake rivets that much but like you would prefer them not to be there. Also a 20mm lug width would have been better in reducing the heft.

All that said I bloody love it and it’s a keeper.

The reason I sold the first one was because I only ended up buying it because it was simply in the AD’s window! Sold it to a friend but after a few weeks regretted it and went on the hunt for another. By luck another one was again in the window so snapped it up. This time my then fiancé now wife bought it for me as a wedding gift... so now it’s definitely a keeper...

Currently wearing it on the NATO, perfect for summer. Will be back on bracelet in the next couple of weeks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    The reason I sold the first one was because I only ended up buying it because it was simply in the AD’s window! Sold it to a friend but after a few weeks regretted it and went on the hunt for another. By luck another one was again in the window so snapped it up. This time my then fiancé now wife bought it for me as a wedding gift... so now it’s definitely a keeper...

Currently wearing it on the NATO, perfect for summer. Will be back on bracelet in the next couple of weeks

Ah ok. Looks great on the nato. Nice to have a memory like that when you wear it.

Great watches. I have no regrets getting mine. It is worn every other day(alternating with another) and when traveling- so has been across the deserts of Sudan, depths of the Red Sea, and the flats of Cuba.

Master
    Congratulations! Wear it in good health!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Having researched the GMT to death as a replacement for my blue Pelagos I picked one up today.

Stu
    I'm exactly the opposite to yourself, never really considered one, I've always had dive watches more often than not either black or blue colour schemes
    the GMT bezel and red/blue combination were never something I'd consider

My old man bought one and then within 2 weeks got a Rolex Pepsi, so I agreed to buy the BB from him, it was on the leather & deployent which I soon changed to an Erikas original,
    It's getting worn way more than I anticipated, it's a cracking watch for not that many £££'s possibly a keeper!

Banned
    Great watch OP, best release for the price in 2018.
    Size perfect, as pricing goes now a bit of a bargain.

Master
    I am loving it and 3 days in its running 0.2 SPD slow using watch tracker 👍

Since buying my Tudor GMT I’ve worn it so often that,instead of selling it for a profit (my original plan) I’m now gonna sell my BLNR instead :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Since buying my Tudor GMT I’ve worn it so often that,instead of selling it for a profit (my original plan) I’m now gonna sell my BLNR instead :-)
    Funny that so am I

I love mine, a fantastic wearing, very smart looking watch.

I feel they are a fantastic price too, such good value and can only see them increasing. Makes getting 10% discount even sweeter!

Journeyman
    Great watch congrats

Craftsman
    Congratulations! I was initially after a 58, but saw one in the flesh and tried it on for the first time yesterday and was absoloutely blown away.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Congratulations! I was initially after a 58, but saw one in the flesh and tried it on for the first time yesterday and was absoloutely blown away.
    Pretty much what happened to me. I went in very open minded but expecting to not want one. The opposite happened.

I love my 58 as well. Would be hard pressed to chose between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    as pricing goes now a bit of a bargain.
    I do not think there is anything at the moment that can touch Tudor for VFM.

Craftsman
    Pretty much what happened to me. I went in very open minded but expecting to not want one. The opposite happened.

I love my 58 as well. Would be hard pressed to chose between them.
    I was (am) surprised how well it wears. I tried on a 41mm Black Bay alongside the 58 much earlier this year and I thought the 58 was much nicer to wear, and based the descision against the GMT from that.

Called in yesterday to discover I'd never actually been added to the 58 list (slightly frustrating to say the least!) and would need to be added to the bottom. Given we are now quite close to Baselworld again, as much as I love the 58 I'd be keen to see a red or blue coulorway before comitting. Rather conviniently, they had 2 GMT's in... and well, the Pepsi colouring is the one to have on a GMT in my opinion, so I'm quite pleased with the choice.

I was (am) surprised how well it wears. I tried on a 41mm Black Bay alongside the 58 much earlier this year and I thought the 58 was much nicer to wear, and based the descision against the GMT from that.

Called in yesterday to discover I'd never actually been added to the 58 list (slightly frustrating to say the least!) and would need to be added to the bottom. Given we are now quite close to Baselworld again, as much as I love the 58 I'd be keen to see a red or blue coulorway before comitting. Rather conviniently, they had 2 GMT's in... and well, the Pepsi colouring is the one to have on a GMT in my opinion, so I'm quite pleased with the choice.

Baselworld is 7 months away, not that close lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master

I do think the clean crisp colour scheme of the GMT works well with the guilt colouring of the 58. It gives me more choice. Completely understand wanting to wait for Basel.

I don’t think the GMT wears as big as the dimensions suggest. The chamfered bottom edge really reduces the slab sided look compared to the BB41. The crystal makes up 1.5mm if the 14.5mm thickness. Also making the hour plots smaller than be BB41 and hand set smaller it gives the watch a less sporty diver look.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 23rd September 2019 at 20:53.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Baselworld is 7 months away, not that close lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, but given a 8-10 month wait I was quoted!

Craftsman
    It’s my favourite looking Tudor by far, and every time I bang my 16710 on something a think I should get a cheaper daily - but I can’t really justify it to myself, and in many ways they’re so similar. Happy to hear some excuses!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Wow, I was planning on buying the Tudor as my daily and keeping the BLNR for special occasions. Why sell when the price keeps rising?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaniels View Post
    Wow, I was planning on buying the Tudor as my daily and keeping the BLNR for special occasions. Why sell when the price keeps rising?
    There seems to be a feeling the market has topped out on such watches so many are looking to offload now. Time will tell if that is the correct decision.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    It’s my favourite looking Tudor by far, and every time I bang my 16710 on something a think I should get a cheaper daily - but I can’t really justify it to myself, and in many ways they’re so similar. Happy to hear some excuses!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I got a new one to celebrate birth of my daughter and have always worn both my old Tudor Gmt and 16710 together. I feel they work well together and compliment each other well.

There seems to be a feeling the market has topped out on such watches so many are looking to offload now. Time will tell if that is the correct decision.
    Fair enough, think I'll keep hold of my BLNR as it was my first rolex.