closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porschâh marketing

1) No Englishman ever claimed to have invented Porsche - what a bizarre thing to say. There are a few English people who might claim an Englishman helped saved VW after the war, but that would be actually correct.

2) Porsche Cars GmbH, never "renounced" the Type 64, simply because they do not consider it a Porsche in their eyes as I t pre-dates the formation of the company by about 13 years.

3) The Porsche Cars GmbH, does not have any links to the Nazis because it was formed in 1947. It's founders however did and were imprisoned by the French, before he was released, having been found NOT GUILTY! Unlike Daimler Benz Mercedes, BMW or VW companies, all who existed before the war and did assist the Nazis.

4) As for Porsche snobbery, it does exist, just as it exists within and between every Marque Fan Base, but to suggest that Porsche owners do not consider the 914 to be a real Porsche is simply stupid and a figment of your rather twisted imagination. A bit like Ferrari owners saying the 206 Dino is not a real Ferrari and is actually a Ferrari powered Fiat (which of course it is). I own both a Porsche and a Mercedes and personally I think they are better cars than say a DAF or Toyota. An opinion formed on the basis of opinion, personal experience, performance, race pedigree, history (good and bad), etc. Now you might think it's snobbery, but you would be wrong. I am quite happy driving my wife's Toyota, but it's nothing like driving my Porsche or Mercedes. Like comparing a nice cheese sandwich with a cup of tea, with a full Sunday roast dinner, desert and a nice bottle of red. All are food, but the latter is simply better. You of course might disagree, which is your right. But it's not snobbery, just a preference.

It seems to me that you confuse individual personal preferences with snobbery. They are really not the same thing. A view point made worse when you then add bigotry and opinion represented as fact.

To be honest, I can only believe you started this thread to have a dig at a Porsche, and then have an opportunity to attack anyone who tried to provide an alternative view. It seems to have worked, but has damaged your credibility at the same time.

Nutters be crazy.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    1) No Englishman ever claimed to have invented Porsche - what a bizarre thing to say.
    Dear Andy, I wrote that I was happy that you did not. And... please; you have claimed/ áre claiming! wilder things.

Anyway, made my point and visiting Salinas Airport tomorrow. I doubt Porschâh anoraks will get this. Will take my hat off to any that does without having resorted to google first.

Oh and saw an alloy 550 replica for sale near Marbella.
    Having a c-company-at-the-coast-visiting-week next week so hoping to combine and perhaps have a spin. It´s on a 1950s license plate so should be road legal.
    If I do and can, will do a write up with photos.

Have fun!!

Blog Entries
    I think the expression is “ madder than a box of frogs”
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Whatever tickles your pickle P, but if/when you decide to post an update, some photos (commonly known as piks) would be nice. (just to clarify, I am not suggesting you post piks of your c-company or yourself, just general on-topic stuff for a greater visual impact).
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Cannot disagree with that.

Sitting here thinking "What the hell was that???"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post

For the language impaired; it says The Frog in Dutch.

LOL
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Whatever tickles your pickle P, but if/when you decide to post an update, some photos (commonly known as piks) would be nice. (just to clarify, I am not suggesting you post piks of your c-company or yourself, just general on-topic stuff for a greater visual impact).
    There are office friendly versions in the MR thread but ok, I´ll put on here in line with current ´gender neutral ´modern Bond :

I’m surprised you’re not contributing much to the Show us your dogs thread, Frenchies are such a characters.. very cute boy (I assume).
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Banned
    Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I’m surprised you’re not contributing much to the Show us your dogs thread, Frenchies are such a characters.. very cute boy (I assume).
    ´Gender neutral´.

They are; especially if you have four living ´born free´ in the andalucian mountains; they are like a véry athletic Frenchie version of a four headed Cerberus.

Hehe well if you chopped his bits off I guess it makes him gender neutral.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri