closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gshock issue

Master

Gshock issue

I have a new g shock that works perfectly apart from the chime.
    I bought this from the Japanese market and therefore have no intentions of sending it back for change, that was the gamble I accepted prior to purchase.

Just wondering if there is someone in the UK I could ask to have a look at it for me?

The issue is that the chime doesn’t work in any of the functions. I’ve had the back off but I can’t fettle it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    model number.....it may be turned off?

On most digital models you can test the beep by pressing and holding the lower right button when you are in the alarm mode.
    This would indicate a setting problem or a hardware problem.

Sent from my Aquaris V using tapatalk with thick fingers, declining eyesight and a small keypad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    On most digital models you can test the beep by pressing and holding the lower right button when you are in the alarm mode.
    This would indicate a setting problem or a hardware problem.

Sent from my Aquaris V using tapatalk with thick fingers, declining eyesight and a small keypad.
    It’s a hardware problem I’m 99% sure.
    The hourly chime doesn’t work even though it’s in the on position. When I received the watch it worked initially for a short time then nothing since. I put the watch to one side and wrote it off.

Model number GW-6900BC.

Does the alarm and countdown timer sound, if so it is not a hardware issue? If they don't it is almost certainly a hardware issue. Open it up check the spring is there and also make sure the back is on the right way up, it is easy to fit this upside down and this will often stop the sound from working.

You can turn the chime off on this model but your picture shows that they are set to on.

If the sounds work in alarm etc modes it must be a software issue. You can try opening it up and doing an AC reset to return it to factory settings and see if that sorts the software issue out.

Mitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Does the alarm and countdown timer sound, if so it is not a hardware issue? If they don't it is almost certainly a hardware issue. Open it up check the spring is there and also make sure the back is on the right way up, it is easy to fit this upside down and this will often stop the sound from working.

You can turn the chime off on this model but your picture shows that they are set to on.

If the sounds work in alarm etc modes it must be a software issue. You can try opening it up and doing an AC reset to return it to factory settings and see if that sorts the software issue out.

Mitch
    There’s no chimes in any function I can see.

I’ve just performed the AC re set and now none of the buttons work. The watch did re set to factory settings though.

There’s usually a tiny spring that connects the back plate to a piezo speaker. If this is missing or out of place the ‘beeps’ won’t work. Perhaps it’s slipped out of place or missing? You might well be able to replace the spring from an old watch (I think it’s the same part on any 6900) - google will be your friend and there are very likely tutorials online. People often lose the spring when opening the watch (although yours doesn’t sound like it had been opened) but there’s lots of advice on how to fix online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    There’s usually a tiny spring that connects the back plate to a piezo speaker. If this is missing or out of place the ‘beeps’ won’t work. Perhaps it’s slipped out of place or missing? You might well be able to replace the spring from an old watch (I think it’s the same part on any 6900) - google will be your friend and there are very likely tutorials online. People often lose the spring when opening the watch (although yours doesn’t sound like it had been opened) but there’s lots of advice on how to fix online
    You can sometimes bodge craftily fix the issue of a missing spring by using the spring from the inside of a springbar. It might take some figuring out as to how to fix it in place but it cna be done.