closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The thin blue line just got thinner. R.I.P. PC Andrew Harper

Blog Entries

The thin blue line just got thinner. R.I.P. PC Andrew Harper

Just a young man doing his job, and prepared to defend the public and their property.

Condolences to his family.

(Condolences and respect only please. Anything stronger or political in the BP.)
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. Tragic that a man with his whole life ahead of him has had it cut horribly short.

Blog Entries
    A total and utter waste of a life unfulfilled i am not religious but RIP.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman
    The thin blue line gets thinner :(

God bless them all.

So terribly sad, absolute pikey scum.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    The thin blue line gets thinner :(

God bless them all.
    Well said Ally

Saddened and disgusted in equal measure.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    So terribly sad, absolute pikey scum.
    There's another thread for that.

Absolutely senseless and unnecessary violence which led to the loss of young life. RIP PC Harper, you did well and paid the ultimate price. :salute:
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Tragic story, a man just doing his job and paying with his life. The feral in this country are taking over

RIP.

RIP PC Harper.

Sad this happened and at a young age too.

Incredibly sad, the wedding photograph brings a lump to the throat.
    I only hope that the fact a police vehicle hit him doesn't get used to reduce the scrotes punishment(s), they effectively put him there after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Incredibly sad, the wedding photograph brings a lump to the throat.
    I only hope that the fact a police vehicle hit him doesn't get used to reduce the scrotes punishment(s), they effectively put him there after all.
    I would hazard a guess that fact (if true) could offer the defence an 'apportionment of blame' in the case.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I would hazard a guess that fact (if true) could offer the defence an 'apportionment of blame' in the case.

R
    According to all I have read it is true. A dog unit vehicle struck him after he was thrown from the undercarriage of the scrotes van according to The Times and other news sources. And the same reports also indicate he was still alive after this as a colleague was heard to try and encourage him to stay conscious. My fear is that the scrotes defence lawyers/doctors/experts etc can successfully claim that he wouldn't have died from "just" the injuries inflicted by the scrotes van, the police vehicle delivered the mortal blow and therefore not murder.

According to all I have read it is true. A dog unit vehicle struck him after he was thrown from the undercarriage of the scrotes van according to The Times and other news sources. And the same reports also indicate he was still alive after this as a colleague was heard to try and encourage him to stay conscious. My fear is that the scrotes defence lawyers/doctors/experts etc can successfully claim that he wouldn't have died from "just" the injuries inflicted by the scrotes van, the police vehicle delivered the mortal blow and therefore not murder.
    Can't disagree with this. Attempted murder maybe.

Blog Entries
    Whilst appreciating your best intentions, can we limit this thread to condolences, and appreciation of PC Harper and the police in general please.

I'm sure there is another thread running for other views.

Thank you.

It will be up to the court to decide after hearing both sides of course, but there could be sufficient grounds for the CPS to decide not to prosecute for murder even without the involvement of the police vehicle.

Based on what we have heard from the media so far, it could be the CPS decide that manslaughter
    is the more appropriate charge, as murder requires the burden of proof of the vehicle being intentionally used as a weapon to kill.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    It will be up to the court to decide after hearing both sides of course, but there could be sufficient grounds for the CPS to decide not to prosecute for murder even without the involvement of the police vehicle.

Based on what we have heard from the media so far, it could be the CPS decide that manslaughter
    is the more appropriate charge, as murder requires the burden of proof of the vehicle being intentionally used as a weapon to kill.

R
    Thank you, that makes a horrible kind of sense, perhaps even inevitable.

I never understood and still do not, why driving carelessly resulting in death suffers generally lesser punishment than using anything else to hit a human with carelessly, ie a club, chair anything. I am sure there is a reason, i assume its intent .. but regardless my shared condolences to the policeman's family more importantly.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkelly72 View Post
    I never understood and still do not, why driving carelessly resulting in death suffers generally lesser punishment than using anything else to hit a human with carelessly, ie a club, chair anything. I am sure there is a reason, i assume its intent .. but regardless my shared condolences to the policeman's family more importantly.
    People don't hit someone carelessly with a chair or club.

I hope that his family are able to find some form of peace and comfort at this terrible time.

I find this very, very moving:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...er16&pageUrl=1

I've just read on AOL that one of them has been charged with murder, let's hope it sticks.

Craftsman
    I've just read on AOL that one of them has been charged with murder, let's hope it sticks.
    That's right, he's been in court today.

It's such a sad story, no one should lose their life for doing their job, being a police officer is getting more and more dangerous, in response, Northampton have announced that they are Tazer arming all their officers, where's this slippy road going to take us??????

Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    Northampton have announced that they are Tazer arming all their officers, where's this slippy road going to take us??????
    Possibly to all officers carrying firearms, and then all crims thinking they have to carry them in case they got shot at.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I think all police should be armed, minimum with a Taser and preferably with firearms.
    I quite agree.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    I quite agree.
    I think they should all have Tazers, I don't think they should routinely get firearms, but do think there should be more firearms police and the rules around them should be relaxed, it takes too long to get their response approved, the officers should be given the power to use their own initiative.

Blog Entries
    You're right, I shall delete the comment.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    You mean let’s hope they’ve got the right man?

Craftsman
    I think this is the difference between careless driving, which is considered accidental, and dangerous driving, which implies bad driving or doing something illegal, like using your phone. Dangerous driving can be punished with a custodial sentence, whereas careless driving is often points and fines.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    You mean let’s hope they’ve got the right man?
    Well obviously.

Tragic news, thoughts to his family and friends
    Just doing his job and ends like this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    I think they should all have Tazers, I don't think they should routinely get firearms, but do think there should be more firearms police and the rules around them should be relaxed, it takes too long to get their response approved, the officers should be given the power to use their own initiative.
    That there is the problem. They are expected to make a decision in the heat of the moment and then it's picked apart over several months in the cold light of day. I know a couple of armed police boys and it plays on their mind. If they are trusted enough to give them a gun, trust them enough to make the right call in the circumstances.

Careless driving is driving without due care an attention or reasonable consideration for others.

Hitting somebody with a club is an act done deliberately to cause harm.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

RIP. I really think it’s time we gave all Police Officers the means to defend themselves. Tragic for his family and all involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel sorry for the poor driver of the dog unit, don't think he'll be the same again