closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tales from the Workshop; just a lazy Saturday morning

Blog Entries

Tales from the Workshop; just a lazy Saturday morning

Summer holidays are nearly over. People start paying attention to their classics for the second part of the season. So it was quite a busy week last week with a few nice cars in the workshop and a few 'waiting for treatment' - like my own TR3A that needs its overdrive sorted out.

Two E-types and an MKII on the pics. It sends us back to the 60s when these cars were new! All three cars in the shop can be considered 'better than when they left the factory'. All that needs to be done to these cars, is regular maintenance.

Menno

Last edited by thieuster; 17th August 2019 at 13:32.

Master
    Lovely! My old man owned a Daimler V8 250 (factory manual!) for the better part of 25 years only selling it recently to acquire something a bit more modern and usable. But had very fond memories of bimbling down Norfolk country lanes listening to the V8 burble and enjoying the heady aroma of oil, wood and leather filling the nostrils!

Lovely trio there!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That E-type is one sexy beast.

Beautiful car, the E type is more of a looker than the F type, still I think the D type is better looking than both

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Absolutely love the E type. Forget modern plastic crap. If I had a big win that would be my car of choice for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning! How do you motivate yourself to go to work each morning!!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    That E-type is one sexy beast.
    +1, over the (many) years I’ve been involved with cars I think the E Type is my favourite, missed my chance twice to buy one in the past for reasons that seemed right at the time. If I owned one I’d be happy to just look at it!

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Lovely! My old man owned a Daimler V8 250 (factory manual!) for the better part of 25 years only selling it recently to acquire something a bit more modern and usable.
    Lovely. The first car I bought after passing my driving test was a 1968 Daimler V8250 factory manual overdrive. I was 17 years old and had to sell my classic motorcycles to buy it, the insurance was astronomical - almost as much as I paid for the car!

Master
    I love the six cylinder E Types but, for some strange reason, not the V12s. Again, for some odd reason, I prefer the coupe to the roadster too!

I much prefer the coupe too, that's not to say I don't like the roadster of course.

Grand Master
    Another vote for the fixed head E Type vs the roadster......but I won’t be owning one, that chance has long since passed. Series 2 fixed head (not +2) would be my choice, they could be found for reasonable money not too long ago, everyone wanted roadsters and series 1 models so the Series 2 was a bit unloved.

Tales from the Workshop; just a lazy Saturday morning

I love E-types, saw an old movie recently (Columbo TV mystery movie) with one. I’m not sure a more beautiful car has ever been produced, and that’s considering some very very sexy Ferraris and the Miura.

Since James Bond in the 1950s books owned and adored a 1930s Bentley, I felt a rebooted film Bond would have a Series 1.5 fixed head E-type, with modernized suspension. I understand that such a beast is still pretty formidable on the track, compared with that springy old DB5 they keep dropping into the films for cheap nostalgia. Well, in my dreams he’s got something like you have there in your Wonka garage.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 25th August 2019 at 16:51.

Saw Once upon a Time in Hollywood last night. Great to spot some classics. Polanski in an MG was lovely but i bet it never drove like that. For me Margot Robbie driving that black 911 will stay etched in the memory