closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Limited Dilemma

Craftsman

Limited Dilemma

Got the call from OB informing me that my Apollo 11 Omega “limited edition” had arrived.

This is to be my first watch purchase of the last 5 years and to mark my forthcoming 60th.
    Tried it on and now cannot decide if this is the one or am I simply getting caught up in the hype!?
    I don’t have and have never owned a Speedmaster and thought that this was a good time to add this icon to my collection.

For me it just feels a bit “dainty”. The bracelet is very light and lacks the heft of the moonwatch. I cannot decide if the look is just a bit jewellery.
    A lot of money for a nonetheless exquisitely looking watch that would look great on the sideboard and a great conversation piece.

So I tried on the not so limited moonwatch, the sapphire crystal version to compare.
    Went on to try the Speedmaster racing in Sedna gold and the white faced version.

These I liked ,felt more like watches I could wear daily.

I walked away and promised I would think on it and return in a week.

My current taste in watches are on the larger size to fit my larger wrists and frame.
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronographs , Rolex Deepsea, IWC Aquatimer , Panerai Luminor, Zenith Spindrift....all 44mm +

I know ultimately this will be my decision and I will probably go for the .............

Limited Dilemma

Where is the dilemma? Seems you know what you like. Sounds like a choice between hype or investment buying vs buying what you like to wear.

Mentally try to park the whole limited and hype thing. What do you like on your wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Strikes me that when trying on the other two speedy’s you immediately felt happier re feel and look. This answers the question for me, you talk about a great conversation piece. Ask yourself “how many conversations will I have” versus how many times will “I” will look at it and smile.
    You did the right thing walking away.

Craftsman
    Buy the one you like the best on your wrist. The one that you would be very happy to wear.
    Happy 60th birthday, when it arrives!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    The golden rule; if in doubt, don’t buy. And you sound in doubt about the whole situation.

Master
    It’s all down to personal preference but I’d plump for the white faced racing master chrono.

Of course I’m biased, since it’s my daily wearer these days.

Master
    You did the right thing in walking away. The chances are that had you bought it, you would have flipped it.

Craftsman
    All good advice guys and now on reflection I am definitely leaning towards plumping for a racing Speedmaster which I will wear and enjoy.
    Never been in this game to worry about will the watch gain or lose in value.
    Too old for that!
    Now it’s the choice between the white face or the Sedna gold

Master
    Have you checked out this one?
    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...30433445203001

I agree that the Moonwatch is too dainty, plus daily winding is an irritation IMO.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Have you checked out this one?
    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...30433445203001

I agree that the Moonwatch is too dainty, plus daily winding is an irritation IMO.
    Seen online but not in OB, I will check this one out if they have in stock.
    Cheers.

Master
    I was offered the 50th Ann and turned it down. It was nice but not nice enough but if it'd been close in design to the actual flight model then I would have bought it.

I started the 50th list at an AD 2 years ago so my disappointment is on a high level.

On the back of the experience I've punted all my Speedy 50th collectables onto ebay where I'm beyond shocked at the 90 watchers and 4-figure bid level with 6 days to go! Doesn't seem to be the slowdown in the WIS appetite that I thought we were starting to see!!

First time I tried on a Speedy I thought it was a bit light and flimsy compared to the watch I came in wearing, which a Longines Hydro Conquest, so a much less expensive watch. Bought my PO instead in the end which I still have. Still want a Speedy though even now, but I think a lot of that is to do with spending too much time reading watch forums.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post

And I dismiss it for one reason only.......it’s too big!

One man’s meat?

Craftsman
    Hi guys,
    Decided I will go for the racing Speedmaster white dial, and pass on Anniversary Apollo 11.
    I really like on both the bracelet and leather strap.
    Does anyone know what the price is to purchase the leather strap and deployment separately.?
    I assume this will be the least cost option.
    Also has anyone had any joy negotiating an additional strap into the deal at an OB , assuming I pay RRP for the watch ?
    Many thanks.

Craftsman

Smile

Deal done new one ordered from OB at Trafford Centre.

Leather deployment negotiated FOC.

More than happy.

Omega White Racing by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/183695246@N03/]
    Last edited by Stegeorgy; 21st August 2019 at 15:08.

Nice! Better than a Daytona.

Master
    A wise choice!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    A wise choice!

Looks stunning on both the leather deployment and the bracelet....couldn’t choose... so can now switch