closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Phoenix G10

Phoenix G10

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with NATO straps. I’ve been caught out by the numerous ‘deluxe’ models that actually are at the wrong end of the spectrum for me, as I prefer thin and basic ones. I also prefer welded rather than stitched. And I like a short distance between the second and third rings where the watch sits. Sometimes they just don’t look right, the watch sits too high, it doesn’t quite match, many are too shiny...

This watch I wore on a Perlon for a long time, which I still really like, however I have trouble finding grey ones that are dark enough in colour. I had a Phoenix nato years ago in a CWC chrono and really liked it; being a similar sized watch I thought why not try one on this (don’t know why I haven’t tried it before). Really pleased with the result. With single shoulder bars it just seems to work really well as a package. What do you guys think, as my wife just said it was the same as the last one and I don’t have time to give her a full briefing on the history of military strap evolution this evening. Maybe tomorrow.

If you are going to wear a watch on a NATO you might as well wear the real thing
    I think they are the best by some margin, including Omega NATOs

I like the way the fade to a different colour over time as well.

Those look great - I知 looking forward to mine wearing in a bit. I壇 quite like an old one with played brass bits actually, might suit the watch more than a new shiny one

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    - I知 looking forward to mine wearing in a bit.
    This will happen earlier than you would think.
    I bought an admiralty gray Phoenix for my CWC RN.
    In fact I知 not even happy how quick it started to look like an old tat. Especially in comparison with the good quality NATO you get from Eddie.
    Although I知 guessing it is what it is, a military equipment easy to replace once beaten up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    This will happen earlier than you would think.
    I bought an admiralty gray Phoenix for my CWC RN.
    In fact I知 not even happy how quick it started to look like an old tat. Especially in comparison with the good quality NATO you get from Eddie.
    Although I知 guessing it is what it is, a military equipment easy to replace once beaten up.
    I had a similar experience with the Phoenix, now have a timefactors one which has held up much better.

love my Tin tin on a nato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just like the very fine weave and non shiny surface; willing to investigate others that are similar (have tried loads so far but not found anything)

If Eddie offered one with polished steel keepers I壇 try one..