closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP Royal Oak 15500

Craftsman

AP Royal Oak 15500

I have the opportunity to pick up a black dial version. The blue dial is and has always been my preference but I feel passing on the black dial might be a mistake.

Having never seen either in the metal it would be great to hear some opinions.

Master
    Great watch. Mechanism fits the watch much better than the 400. Bracelet really well finished.
    Not really an everyday watch as they can scratch up which is noticeable due to the finishing.
    Check if you are paying the old price (17k) or if you have to stump the extra wine the price increase. If the old price, then lucky you and I would certainly go for it as you will not lose much/anything.

I prefer the new version versus the old one - as said above, the movement fits a lot better and the new movement is much nicer too. The 41mm does wear bigger than you think, so be careful. I prefer the old 39mm for sizing, but this really is a class watch. Not much in it for me black vs blue, so I don't think much of a loss in that regard.

Question

What's the quoted "new" price in the UK please?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    What's the quoted "new" price in the UK please?
    I believe 18.7k but I have not personally confirmed this.

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    I believe 18.7k but I have not personally confirmed this.
    I've only been quoted (so far) the £17,000 for a Boutique 15500 on order.

Master
    Price change (apparently) was yesterday or the day before. Again not checked myself but seen a number of posting to this affect.

Master
    Bucherer with (£18.7k) price on website

https://uk.bucherer.com/audemars-pig...technical-info
    Last edited by JP28; 16th August 2019 at 18:32.

Master

Craftsman
    Thanks for the input gents.

I agree with the comments regarding the movement. Never having tried the watch on I do have a slight concern regarding size. Fingers crossed it's a non issue.

The dealer wants a 10% deposit with delivery around December. Apparently the original purchaser has pulled out.....

Price increase is in effect so I am being asked to part with the £18,700 rrp.

I’ve had my 15400 for nearly 7 years and during that period it has been worn a lot. It’s picked up a few knocks and scratches (mainly due to carelessness on my part) but on the whole still looks amazing. I find it extremely comfortable and the size is perfect for me. They seem very hard to get at retail now so I’d go ahead if I were you.

Craftsman
    Beautiful watch, I have the Chrono as I had an opportunity to pick up the blue dial, the 15500 now only available in blue at AP boutiques.

15500 is a stunning watch, the open case back is the one thing my Chrono is missing so you get the view of the gold rotor!

Black dial is nice, and at the end of the day you are buying an iconic design and the best bracelet known to man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I took the evening to decide.... big mistake. I stupidly talked myself out of buying it.

Full of regret.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you can still pick it up let me know and I will take it off your hands buddy.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEKTOR View Post
    I took the evening to decide.... big mistake. I stupidly talked myself out of buying it.

Full of regret.
    Err.. change your mind? Has it gone to someone else already?