Audemars - Price rise

+8% effective immediately.

Craftsman
    Wonder when Patek will increase

Master
    Blog Entries
    They did in June, so prob year end depending how gbp goes

Journeyman
    I expect to see a significant rise in PM watches over the next months. Gold is up over 20% since june - especially in non-USD currencies like € and £. The £€ exchange can have all the chatter about good/bad Brexit and all that cobblers but £300/oz (and rapidly increasing Au price is going to drive intrinsic manufacturing costs up across the currency board

Master
    Rolex will follow in due course; the collapse of sterling makes it inevitable. Thanks Brexit.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Rolex will follow in due course; the collapse of sterling makes it inevitable. Thanks Brexit.....
    September maybe? Could easily see 10% to 15% with them and it making no difference to demand whatsoever. Surprised they haven’t followed Patek with certain models - Daytona for example 20% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Guycord View Post
    I expect to see a significant rise in PM watches over the next months. Gold is up over 20% since june - especially in non-USD currencies like € and £. The £€ exchange can have all the chatter about good/bad Brexit and all that cobblers but £300/oz (and rapidly increasing Au price is going to drive intrinsic manufacturing costs up across the currency board
    Gold has risen and fallen dramatically in short time frames before - I would imagine the big watch companies have large supplies of gold bought well in advance at various pricing and don’t need to react to short term changes.

Master
    Looks like it is 10% on at least a few models if not all.
    15500 from £17k to £18.7k.
    Not that the 8% or 10% makes any difference.
    Lots more of this to come on all imports due to Brexit.

Craftsman
    Looks like the Uk has gone from being circa 5% cheaper than Europe to 5-6% more dearer

Craftsman

Top tier

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Looks like it is 10% on at least a few models if not all.
    15500 from £17k to £18.7k.
    Not that the 8% or 10% makes any difference.
    Lots more of this to come on all imports due to Brexit.
    The Top tier brands are certainly now heading into the price limiting arena of potential buyers for their goods. Not much chance of the average man/woman picking up one of these brands anymore and do not think the manufacturers are bothered, until the bubble bursts!

Seems to be a lot of head in the sands when it comes to the watch industry, was only a decade ago it nearly all came crashing down.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We are not far short of 1984.

The sky just got alot higher for me, i can still put one on my wish list i suppose

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    We are not far short of 1984.
    I hadn’t realised Big Brother was a watch fan.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I hadn’t realised Big Brother was a watch fan.
    Certainly a fan of watching

Given the vast amount of people that now consider a watch an ‘investment’, especially SS Rolex, I’m wondering whether a recession will hit the market (for highly desirable models) as much as last time. Some might consider these watches more of a commodity, and a safer bet than the markets / bank during a crash.

Well with the unlikely chance of picking up a blue 15500 for anything close to retail these rises will have little impact.

It will be interesting to see if the greys increase their asking prices to maximise their profit gouging even more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Well with the unlikely chance of picking up a blue 15500 for anything close to retail these rises will have little impact.

It will be interesting to see if the greys increase their asking prices to maximise their profit gouging even more!

The blue 15500 is only available now at the AP boutiques...nearest one is Paris!

I bought a blue dial RO Chrono in steel in March, AD has advised they don’t expect to see another blue/steel again...mental

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    +8% effective immediately.
    I purchased a RO blue chrono in March, it’s been increased from £21,500 to £23,700...10%...jaysus...

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    The blue 15500 is only available now at the AP boutiques...nearest one is Paris!

I bought a blue dial RO Chrono in steel in March, AD has advised they don’t expect to see another blue/steel again...mental

What about here;

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/fine-w...oms-at-harrods

Master
    I was in Harrods picking up a strap two weeks ago. A french gentleman came in while I was paying and asked about a 15400/500 availability. He was told 36mnths+ for blue face 15500, and minimum 18-24mnths for the other colours (and no more 15400’s).
    The only stock in store was on the Code line.
    So no need for Paris, but going to be a very long wait !
    There is also Owen and Robinson in Leeds who I think may be able to get them.
    Last edited by JP28; 19th August 2019 at 18:52.

Master
    I was in Harrods picking up a strap two weeks ago. A french gentleman came in while I was paying and asked about a 15400/500 availability. He was told 36mnths+ for blue face 15500, and minimum 18-24mnths for the other colours (and no more 15400’s).
    The only stock in store was on the Code line.
    So no need for Paris, but going to be a very long wait !
    That’s for the average joe. If you are minimum black tier with a solid spend bracket you can get most pieces from
    Harrods.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I got my 15400 from them end of 2017. It was in the window. IN THE BLOODY WINDOW!
    How times have changed eh.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    What? Grey was selling RO below RRP until a couple of months ago. Still are in the case of some offshores.