closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: QHotels group

Master

QHotels group

Hi,

I would much appreciate any comments if anyone has used the Qhotels group recently.

I have never used them, or evem heard of them (only ever using Marriott) but they look to have a couple of nice country properties scattered around the shires.

I'm planning a revisit to the Victorian village in Shropshire and there is one close by - the Telford spa and golf resort.

So rather than do a drive day I could stay over and crack a bottle of wine with a snack.

TIA

Brian

Master
    I’ve stayed at Dunston hall near Norwich a few times, which is a Q hotel. Very old country house, with equally old rooms.
    Any time I’ve stayed there, it’s overrun with coach parties.

Master
    Ah, the Shearings hotel fillers - got it, thanks.

B

Master
    Stayed at Slaley hall in Northumberland a couple of years ago. Terrific couple of days, spa was excellent certainly not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just down the road from me, live a stones throw from Blists Hill.

Its a pretty run of the mill chain hotel with a golf and spa. My firm use it on a coprporate basis for meetings and putting up clients. Depends what you are after, there are some more unique pubs/restaurants with rooms locally. Hundred House springs to mind.

Journeyman
    A number of the properties were acquired from the De Vere group a while back; Oulton Hall and Slaley Gall for sure, and they were always very good before that.

Aldwark Manor is good for the money but the Queens in Leeds and Park Royal in Cheshire are bad, or were a few years ago when I was last there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Thankyou for the info guys - much appreciated.

I was "aware" of the Hundred but y'can't always get a room with them having less than a dozen or so so the spa was a bit of a second thought really.

thanks again

B

Blog Entries
    Im staying at the Telford spa and golf resort on the 1st Sept for a Wedding, if you haven't already gone there by then I will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Ah, the Shearings hotel fillers - got it, thanks.
    The ruin of many a good hotel.

Stayed at both Nottingham Belfry and Cheltenham Chase many times for work purposes - they are absolutely fine, not exactly luxury but a definite step up from Premier/Holiday Inn etc. The more country house style places may be more luxe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169 View Post
    Im staying at the Telford spa and golf resort on the 1st Sept for a Wedding, if you haven't already gone there by then I will report back.
    Great much appreciated and look forward to your view - we should be going around mid september.

Thanks Frankie

Brian