closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Ploprof - the desire keeps coming back

Craftsman

Omega Ploprof - the desire keeps coming back

An old picture of a watch I used to own. I’ve had two in the past but sold it on because it wasn’t a “reasonable” watch.
    I keep coming back to it though as it looks so damn good!

Enjoy the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow I can’t see the pic. But whether the original version or the reissue, both are great watches.
    I also sold the original twice but bought it back.

Edit: Now I see the pic:-) It is the reissue. Great watch.

Craftsman
    I love the Ploprof! I keep adding and removing it to my wishlist. I don't know if I have enough of a wrist to get away with it!

Great pic!

Nice photo, Great watches.... i’m a bit of a fan. See my previous thread.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...hlight=Ploprof

I love the original and have one. Not so keen on the modern reissue which I find a bit shiny and 'blingy'. Also , I like the idea that Jacques Cousteau had one and it looked like it does because of function.

I love the Ploprof. Nice to have something a bit different- seldom seen in the wild. Great movement and build quality

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Willows View Post
    I love the Ploprof! I keep adding and removing it to my wishlist. I don't know if I have enough of a wrist to get away with it!

Great pic!
    Don't ever let anyone tell you that your wrists are too small, or too big for a watch! Believe in yourself! (Just watched the new Lion King - Mufasa made a big impact)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Nice photo, Great watches.... i’m a bit of a fan. See my previous thread.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...hlight=Ploprof
    Oh yes ! Lovely -i'd keep the steel 1200, and add a 600 ;)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

I love the Ploprof. Nice to have something a bit different- seldom seen in the wild. Great movement and build quality

Yes, yes and yes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I love the original and have one. Not so keen on the modern reissue which I find a bit shiny and 'blingy'. Also , I like the idea that Jacques Cousteau had one and it looked like it does because of function.
    Could i please see a picture?! When i get a 600, i would complement it with a Doxa Aqua Lung. Do you have one?

Craftsman
    Still a watch I really like the look of. I’ve been tempted to sell my Bucherer Black Bay for one but I also like the look of the new orange bezel Seamaster that’s due out soon.

They look rather sturdy, I always worry that watches that look that big would look a bit silly, but then again I've picked up a Tuna and MM300 which although large I rather like.

That being said these look like another step up from that again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

As an addict, I still have both my 1200m PP's
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Loved mine - still don’t really know why I sold it...

Had two and sold them, I think there must have been a reason why I sold them. But would still have another

Craftsman
    They're a very cool watch, but definitely one for the man with large wrists.

I tried one on in an Omega AD recently. I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it looked on my 7in wrist. It wasn't as tall as I expected by it was so wide, looked totally out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    Yes, yes and yes!

- - - Updated - - -

Could i please see a picture?! When i get a 600, i would complement it with a Doxa Aqua Lung. Do you have one?
    Here you go. No I don’t have a Doxa

Master
    I’m a fan too but haven’t ever seen one up close and personal – they just look tough and purposeful which I love. Bet they weigh a fair bit too.

Master
    I have dived a few times with one of these and they are very much overrated; uncomfortable, fiddly to use and no better than a Sub.

Sent from my calculator using a lawnmower.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
    I have dived a few times with one of these and they are very much overrated; uncomfortable, fiddly to use and no better than a Sub.

Sent from my calculator using a lawnmower.

Oh no that's terrible to hear - but you do look cool in front of the fish ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Here you go. No I don’t have a Doxa

Oh man - this is juicy. THank you

I keep co in back to these. I wish they would bring out a blue faced one like the original!

I came close to buying the white faced one last year. I am still considering the black one.....

So true, I think this is the 5th time I’ve bought an Omega Ploprof 1200m back into the collection. They will always be divisive but those that like them know they are pretty special, the build quality is incredible. All the variants are great but in my humble opinion the all steel discontinued version with date is the one to have, the weight/heft adds to its unique character for me and such a watch shouldn’t have a see through back. Perhaps I’m not alone with this view as I’ve noticed their pre-owned prices creeping up of late and you certainly don’t see so many for sale.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    So true, I think this is the 5th time I’ve bought an Omega Ploprof 1200m back into the collection. They will always be divisive but those that like them know they are pretty special, the build quality is incredible. All the variants are great but in my humble opinion the all steel discontinued version with date is the one to have, the weight/heft adds to its unique character for me and such a watch shouldn’t have a see through back. Perhaps I’m not alone with this view as I’ve noticed their pre-owned prices creeping up of late and you certainly don’t see so many for sale.

Oh my! You are tempting me and I actually have some spare cash

Craftsman
    A watch I’ve always been very tempted by myself. As has been said above, the stainless steel version’s weight is more appealing than the titanium version which made it feel a bit like (an expensive) toy watch when I tried it on.

Craftsman
    Love these.

First saw one on the wrist of our electronics teacher / swimming club coach at school in the early 80’s. Didn't know too much about watches then, but the size, shape and red button always intrigued me!!

Cheers,
    Effortless