closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your help required

Craftsman

Your help required

Folks,

Im at the stage where i want to consider another watch. At the moment i have mostly divers( Grand Seiko Sbga231, Tudor Pelagos,Omega Diver 300M) and a few others. Im wanting a dressier type of watch. It needs to be 41-46mm( big wrists), can be a sport type but as long as its dressy looking. My current top of the list is the H Moser Pioneer Centre Seconds but to be honest i haven't looked as much as i would like to have. I want to be around the £10k or under for a new watch. So what have you got that fits the bill and you would happily recommend. I would prefer something where the dial finishing etc stands out above others in the price range. Colour not too important but i do like a blue dial just now. Thanks.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    To be honest I cant think of much better than the Moser you've already listed.
    Its a cracking watch.

Craftsman
    It was on my list for several months but then ended up buying the Tudor Pelagos and the Grand Seiko SBGA231 instead. My only real worry is that i would normally use it in the evenings and the dial may look really dark. Im happy to look at independents to see if anything else pops up.

For seeing in the dark I would have thought the dial colour wouldn't be as important as having a good contrast difference between dial and hands.

(Un) fortunately for me I don't know that many expensive dress watches, but the Moser looks pretty.

Though I am sure someone will pop along and tell you that you've got it all wrong and it has to be a Rolex

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Im ok with seeing it in the dark however the Moser is all about the lovely dial which i think would look almost black in dull lighting situations and i would likely be wearing it in low light.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    you could fire Endo from this parish a message, he has a load of photos of the different dial light play on his one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Folks,

Im at the stage where i want to consider another watch. At the moment i have mostly divers( Grand Seiko Sbga231, Tudor Pelagos,Omega Diver 300M) and a few others. Im wanting a dressier type of watch. It needs to be 41-46mm( big wrists), can be a sport type but as long as its dressy looking. My current top of the list is the H Moser Pioneer Centre Seconds but to be honest i haven't looked as much as i would like to have. I want to be around the £10k or under for a new watch. So what have you got that fits the bill and you would happily recommend. I would prefer something where the dial finishing etc stands out above others in the price range. Colour not too important but i do like a blue dial just now. Thanks.
    Not exactly as popular as an MX5, and perhaps considered a bit gauche by some, but if it's dressy you want....

Datejust 41 TT with champagne sunburst dial.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the suggestion. The DateJust just isnt for me but a decent suggestion all the same.

The H Moser is basically an elegant sports watch with lovely detailing so does it operate in a class of its own or are there others in the class that can compete. Cheers.