closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex wait times

Journeyman

Rolex wait times

Hi all,

I have been talking to Rolex in Selfridges and was quoted the following times:

Sub date - 2 years
    Pepsi and Batman - 6 years

That is with 3 Rolex purchases aswell!

Just wondered how that compared to what people are usually expecting/have waited? Think this could make for an interesting thread!

Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Hi all,

Sub date - 2 years

Just wondered how that compared to what people are usually expecting/have waited? Think this could make for an interesting thread!

Thanks
    I would think that is a crudely coded message along the lines of "you ain't ever going to get one my son cos they is going to the grey down the road."

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I would think that is a crudely coded message along the lines of "you ain't ever going to get one my son cos they is going to the grey down the road."
    Well if that was the case then I would be very quick to correct them!
    He didn’t mention about the warranty cards but they would be welcome to them!

My wait times are much shorter.

P.S. Another Rolex thread like this is not an interesting thread.

Master
    Think this could make for an interesting thread!
    To be honest, there’s an awful lot of stuff on here about Rolex supplies - or lack thereof.

I’m not sure what else to say apart from ‘you are not alone’.

Craftsman
    Its actually very nice of them to give you a time frame rather than saying buy this 28k PM piece and then we will consider you for a sub........ NON DATE!!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I love the non-date sub. Is it also hard to get?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post

Fraser Hart have told me two years.

Journeyman
    I was told by Goldsmiths yesterday that it was realistic to get a non date sub in a matter of a few months, and a Daytona would be 7 years to never. I asked how many Daytonas they'd had in the last year and he said 3, all black. He did say that I wouldn't believe how long their list was for a Daytona, so probably nearer never. I have purchase history of 2 Rolexes and a Zenith from them which he checked prior to entering my expression of interest on their system. If I hadn't had any purchase history he said he wouldn't have been able to put me on the list...

He also said they always retain the warranty card for a year, and that all stickers and tags would be removed (he didn't say whether they would be retained for a year or just kept).
    Last edited by jmagla; 15th August 2019 at 07:22.

The guy at the airline check in counter told me six weeks for a Sub, the flight attendant said about 42 days, the Uber driver quoted a mont and a half. I am not sure whom to believe or if I should ask some more random strangers. But, it is a fascinating topic. Not.

Craftsman
    Wait times are never accurate, just a means to keep people away. If you’re a vip they’re almost able to find one in a short timeframe by checking other branches in their network.

Master
    Hi all,

Sub date - 2 years

Thanks

You offered to buy three of their most popular watches and they didn't offer to bump you up the list??

Ahhhh, should have offered to take a Daytona too, you'd have them by Christmas.

Just tell them you'be be happy to buy a Seiko Turtle there and then for cash if they will sell you a Daytona AND a Pepsi on the day. You'll see, the safe will be opened and you will be able to buy whatever you want. Likewise, when getting rejected for a Patek Nautilus always say you will buy a Longines Hydroconquest at the same time. It's so easy.

Think this could make for an interesting thread!

Thanks
    Interesting, in what way?
    The forum has discussed it endlessly for the last three or four years.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Interesting, in what way?
    The forum has discussed it endlessly for the last three or four years.
    The idea that ADs are directly feeding grey dealers. This surely must be against their commercial agreement with Rolex UK, but I think we all are suspicious it happens.

Yes, let's start another new thread on this inexplicably under-discussed topic!

I was recently quoted 2 years for a sub date and 18 months for non date at an AD where I have purchase history. I was also told if I use them for servicing my current watches or bought anything else in the mean time that those timeframes ‘May’ shorten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Collector View Post
    I was recently quoted 2 years for a sub date and 18 months for non date at an AD where I have purchase history. I was also told if I use them for servicing my current watches or bought anything else in the mean time that those timeframes ‘May’ shorten

Fascinating stuff!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Yes, let's start another new thread on this inexplicably under-discussed topic!
    To some people, this topic is over discussed and mega boring. However, if you want to buy a new Rolex, you need to be up to date on the latest supply position. Are things improving or getting worse and also how are different models are being affected.

Therefore the topic is never going to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Fascinating stuff!!
    Is there really any need for a sarcastic comment like this? Like the OP I’m new to the forum and probably haven’t been involved in a similar topic.
    If it’s such a big problem why not scroll past the post?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Collector View Post
    Is there really any need for a sarcastic comment like this?
    You’re new here, aren’t you?!

https://youtu.be/JcOfFeKXcd4

Craftsman
    I get the feeling that that's what they say...but you get called up earlier.
    They do that to outrage you ;)

They make it up as they go along. Wait a few years and they’ll be easy to buy. It’s all cyclical and cynical, no point playing the game imho

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    They make it up as they go along. Wait a few years and they’ll be easy to buy. It’s all cyclical and cynical, no point playing the game imho

+1

For those so inclined, TRF offers several threads on wait times, AD rumours about supply, production and the impending
    crash in prices. Here we like to talk more about the Rolex marketing machine, how they are nothing but shiny trinkets, how they are mass produced watches but nothing special, how unsafe it is to walk around with a Rolex on your wrist outside your home, how you have quit on Rolex and never will buy one again, how one is a mug for buying a Rolex and other such inspired stuff:-)

To some people, this topic is over discussed and mega boring. However, if you want to buy a new Rolex, you need to be up to date on the latest supply position. Are things improving or getting worse and also how are different models are being affected.

Walk into a few dealers and ask.

This exactly. If you don't want to read it don't!

Master
    Walk into a few dealers and ask.
    Firstly this is a forum to get a wide spread of information which is much better and quicker than one person running around to a few dealers. Secondly, if one person asks the question, several hundred can read the answers, that is one of the reasons why people come here, it is called mutual help.

If you have no interest in Rolex, which is fine, just go to the next topic.

Firstly this is a forum to get a wide spread of information which is much better and quicker than one person running around to a few dealers. Secondly, if one person asks the question, several hundred can read the answers, that is one of the reasons why people come here, it is called mutual help.

If you have no interest in Rolex, which is fine, just go to the next topic.
    Try typing Rolex into the search function,,top right of this page, alternatively go to Advanced Search where you can be even more specific, ie Rolex availability or Rolex lists or Rolex anything,,

Master
    Try typing Rolex into the search function,,top right of this page, alternatively go to Advanced Search where you can be even more specific, ie Rolex availability or Rolex lists or Rolex anything,,
    The OP wants 100% up to date information, not something which is a month old.

I got a firm 38 years and I'm on the list for a Daytona, but I'm keeping the AD to myself as I don't want you guys muscling in....

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The OP wants 100% up to date information, not something which is a month old.
    No change since last month.
    H2H.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Fraser Hart have told me two years.
    If you want a non date you just have to decide how much over list it is worth to get it now and whether there will be any price increases in the next year or two - I am not sure what Rolex will do to UK prices now that the £ has fallen considerably - there is a good chance that prices will increase before a 2 year, (or whatever) wait is reached
    Last edited by BillN; 15th August 2019 at 13:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    No change since last month.
    H2H.
    It could change tomorrow. People want and indeed expect up to date information on which to formulate their purchasing strategy. He/she who has out of date information will never win the race. Even when the market softens, as it will, it is going to be gradual and those in the know (i.e TZ readers) will have an advantage over the uninformed public.

When I was up seeing my folks I thought I’d pop into David M Robinson in Liverpool, not because I want another Rolex (I’m perfectly happy with the SubC I purchased from Ernest Jones in 2012 on a 4 week wait and at a 15% discount - the latter being a bit of an unusual story), mainly to understand the madness as I had plenty of time to kill (not that I wouldn’t have taken another popular SS if it was offered to me).

I was told they had no waiting list and watches where assigned to those who spent significant sums on other jewellery. BS or no, I’m happy to be out of the Rolex chase.

Then he proceeded to try and sell me a 126603.

Master
    A non date sub is a couple of months wait from GS in the Metro Centre (North East) - that's what they told me anyway. I asked about a Batman and the guys said he'd never seen one for the three years he'd worked there!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It could change tomorrow. People want and indeed expect up to date information on which to formulate their purchasing strategy. He/she who has out of date information will never win the race. Even when the market softens, as it will, it is going to be gradual and those in the know (i.e TZ readers) will have an advantage over the uninformed public.
    Tomorrow isn't up to date, its future forecasting. Best ask Baba Vanga for that.
    The Rolex market hasn't softened in the past 4 weeks and it isn't representative of Rolex waiting lists.
    If your friendly AD has pulled wait list time from the air according to model then the most up to date potential change to circumstances is that a 9 year wait is now 8 years 11 months and a 2 year wait has now been dramatically reduced to 100 weeks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Tomorrow isn't up to date, its future forecasting. Best ask Baba Vanga for that.
    The Rolex market hasn't softened in the past 4 weeks and it isn't representative of Rolex waiting lists.
    If your friendly AD has pulled wait list time from the air according to model then the most up to date potential change to circumstances is that a 9 year wait is now 8 years 11 months and a 2 year wait has now been dramatically reduced to 100 weeks.
    I never mentioned anything about future forecasting. All that happened was some "gentleman" reckoned this sort of topic is unnecessary and boring.

My point is simple - forums are a good communication tool in relating if things change. That's it pure and simple. Again like someone else said, if you find it boring, move on and let those who do not find it boring read it without the usual snide comment.

Journeyman
    I never mentioned anything about future forecasting. All that happened was some "gentleman" reckoned this sort of topic is unnecessary and boring.

My point is simple - forums are a good communication tool in relating if things change. That's it pure and simple. Again like someone else said, if you find it boring, move on and let those who do not find it boring read it without the usual snide comment.
    👍

Journeyman
    Hi All,

Thanks for the responses to most of you. I don’t understand why some people feel the need to make sarcastic comments, when we are all here due to a common interest. Surely you all have better things to do and worry about than reading and commenting on a post that you have no interest in, or maybe you don’t....

I haven’t posted very often in here and have checked it every now and then, so am a newbie on the forum. I don’t see why the more established members feel that can mock those who haven’t seen earlier threads.

I thought it would be interesting to see what purchase history/location/dealer meant for wait times. Despite what some of the posters thought, I have bought 3 Rolex’s over the last 4 years and that is where my purchase history has come from, not going in and throwing my weight around.

I for one will be accepting of newcomers and hope that they enjoy watches and discussing them with me, and the rest of you. Once you have hopped down from your high horse of course.

Thanks

Master
    Hi All,

Thanks for the responses to most of you. I don’t understand why some people feel the need to make sarcastic comments, when we are all here due to a common interest. Surely you all have better things to do and worry about than reading and commenting on a post that you have no interest in, or maybe you don’t....

I haven’t posted very often in here and have checked it every now and then, so am a newbie on the forum. I don’t see why the more established members feel that can mock those who haven’t seen earlier threads.

I thought it would be interesting to see what purchase history/location/dealer meant for wait times. Despite what some of the posters thought, I have bought 3 Rolex’s over the last 4 years and that is where my purchase history has come from, not going in and throwing my weight around.

I for one will be accepting of newcomers and hope that they enjoy watches and discussing them with me, and the rest of you. Once you have hopped down from your high horse of course.

Thanks
    I wouldn't worry unduly and just don't take offence - just gloss over the replies if you feel that they are offensive and just carry on with your thread - the responses on here are generally "mixed" but there is a lot of knowledge - (probably the best UK general watch forum around) - and I have found the Forum to be very useful and helpful.

Master

Rolex wait times

There’s plenty of supply...skip to 6th minute in the video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3BTJyPYYvg

Master
    The supply is large, just that demand is larger, and more Asia focus.

Frankly I think just wait. Last time there was a financial crisis Rolex sales dropped over 20%. We've already seen luxury sales in Hong Kong are off that amount (due to protests), and with severe financial wobbles, there's some chance supply / demand will back in buyers' favour soon. Perhaps not for long - the world continues to grow - but there might be a buying opportunity if ready with cash when Asian sales dry up and European dealers can get better stocked.

Master
    Jesus... could have searched for a million similar threads....
    I am just wondering when this forum is going to go back to sharing some watch knowledge rather than constantly discussing the shortage of Rolex

The Rolex situation is history in the making. I love it. The mechanical watch is on the way out, Rolex knows that, and this is how they are handling it. I'd love to know how the field is going to look in five years time.

Probably only useful to non EU residents because of VAT but I'm at Doha airport now and it is just before 5am here and the Rolex and Tudor AD just had a delivery. No Subs but they do have a SS Skydweller black dial, plus 2 tone, plus full gold Root Beer, loads of DJ41 including Wimbledon, also the WG 42mm Seadweller but that looks to be getting snapped up as I type. It's a quiet time in the airport and I'm sure most stuff will go once people arrive for the morning flights (I've had an 8 hour stopover)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rolex wait times

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Probably only useful to non EU residents because of VAT but I'm at Doha airport now and it is just before 5am here and the Rolex and Tudor AD just had a delivery. No Subs but they do have a SS Skydweller black dial, plus 2 tone, plus full gold Root Beer, loads of DJ41 including Wimbledon, also the WG 42mm Seadweller but that looks to be getting snapped up as I type. It's a quiet time in the airport and I'm sure most stuff will go once people arrive for the morning flights (I've had an 8 hour stopover)

Out of interest Ryan any feel for how the prices compare due to the exchange rate? With VAT factored in wondering if it’s actually comparable with purchasing at home from a grey....though it’s all theoretical as highly highly unlikely I’ll find a 126660!

Sat in Phuket and transiting through Doha soon....

Craftsman
    Chrono24 has nearly 180 Daytonas from this year alone. I doubt all of them are moving as grays have been able to pile up such a stocks of nearly unworn watches. If you count previous years there are another 150 watches to pick yours from. Interesting, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Out of interest Ryan any feel for how the prices compare due to the exchange rate? With VAT factored in wondering if it’s actually comparable with purchasing at home from a grey....though it’s all theoretical as highly highly unlikely I’ll find a 126660!

Sat in Phuket and transiting through Doha soon....

Just landed in Bangkok so just saw this. Prices are more expensive and if you factor in vat then unless it is a Daytona you would be better off going grey

Craftsman

Exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by ollipekka View Post
    Chrono24 has nearly 180 Daytonas from this year alone. I doubt all of them are moving as grays have been able to pile up such a stocks of nearly unworn watches. If you count previous years there are another 150 watches to pick yours from. Interesting, isn’t it?

Yes, supposedly the most unobtainable and one of the most exclusive in demand watches but walk around any major city in the World and there they are all lined up in the secondary market windows with the inflated prices and then there is the other dozen in the dealers safe.

Never quite has the same lustre of luxury when you see twenty Daytona or fifteen BLNR/Pepsi all lined up together in some pokey secondhand dealer display.