closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook

I see that they are in trouble again and looking to raise another £150m.
    I was just about to book a holiday through love holidays for next June with the flights with Thomas Cook. I would probably look elsewhere but the flight times are perfect (Turkey) whereas as alternatives are not great.
    Cant decide if I should risk it or not. I know I would be protected, even through a credit card, but it would be a pain if I had to rearrange the flight nearer the time.
    Anyone else booked with TC
    Andy
    Last edited by awright101; 26th September 2019 at 21:01.

We did our holiday through them this year (to Barbados). Was a perfect 10 days. No issues at all.

Master
    My son went on his first package holiday with Thomas Cook this year and was also my first experience of using one of these companies. It was by FAR the worst experience I have ever been through. The levels of incompetence and lack of customer service was extraordinary. I wondered at the time what the point of them was and how they kept going. I guess this answers my question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I had a holiday booked a couple of years back with the return flight on Monarch. They went bust a few weeks before we were due to go. By that stage the only available flights were massively more expensive - an extra £1600.
    We were covered, so got our money back, but would rather have gone on holiday.
    I wouldn’t risk it.

Craftsman
    In Feb they were looking to flog just the airline as that’s the profitable part. In the event of that I suspect your flights would most likely be fine.

How far in advance are you booking? Is it a particularly busy time? I generally book holidays between a month and few days before and always get a very good last minute deal. Holiday prices are significantly cheaper during non school holidays if you book last minute compared to a year in advance

Thanks for the replies.
    Where we go it makes no difference when you book to price . We are going in 4 weeks and the prices now are the same when we booked in Jan. However we always book extra leg room seats so we get in early.

We flew with Virgin Atlantic in the economy seats and it was a bit cramped but quite comfortable. It was quite a bit extra for the next level up but when we walked past those seats you didn't seem to get much more room really.

Master
    We are just back from Mexico, booked through Expedia who booked us Thomas Cook flights

Great holiday and great outward flight, Premium economy (10 hour flight) but for return flight Thomas Cook put us with a Spanish carrier with no Premium economy and no in flight entertainment. Both flights were just under two hours late departing.

Thomas Cook had not advised carrier of dietary requirements (diabetic meal and children's meal). First we knew of this was at departures in Mexico. They did refund us half the Premium economy upgrade charge however.

Not impressed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    We flew with Virgin Atlantic in the economy seats and it was a bit cramped but quite comfortable. It was quite a bit extra for the next level up but when we walked past those seats you didn't seem to get much more room really.
    You do....get much more room. It might not look it but I think the extra is well worth it for Premium but would never pay for business/first.

I came back from using Thomas Cook two months ago and forget their troubles, I wouldn't use again. Absolutely awful. I've booked to go back via EasyJet. Much better but as you say worse times.

I'm leaving Saturday to Portugal, booked through Thomas Cook. Same as you OP, the flight times were the most sensible for us, having a 3 and 6 year old. Will report back as to how it went. Hopefully the report will be after a holiday rather than moaning that everything was cancelled.

Personally, I dislike package holidays but I hate the thought more of paying the mortgage on a house I won't be allowed to live in.

I booked my son and his (then) girlfriend a holiday with Thomas Cook in May. The total compensation paid was equivalent to the cost of the holiday. From before departure to them arriving back at Birmingham Thomas Cook's performance was truly awful....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    You do....get much more room. It might not look it but I think the extra is well worth it for Premium but would never pay for business/first.
    We flew Virgin Atlantic Premium back in 2012 from Orlando and it was excellent. Much better than either British Airways and Thomas Cook Premium economy.

Master
    If it were me personally, I would put up with the slightly more inconvenient flight and book with a different airline just for peace of mind.

We flew a family of six over to Barbados with them and were not impressed with the quality or service levels, you can certainly do much better and we wouldn't use them again regardless of their business viability.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    It’s something like 32 inches to 38 inches. Trust me it’s a huge amount although it doesn’t look it but certainly feels it when you sit in them both. The whole pitch and width makes a big difference.

The premium economy seat is possibly a bit more comfortable as an actual seat to upper class - big difference is you can’t lie down which on a night flight is a big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s something like 32 inches to 38 inches. Trust me it’s a huge amount although it doesn’t look it but certainly feels it when you sit in them both. The whole pitch and width makes a big difference.

The premium economy seat is possibly a bit more comfortable as an actual seat to upper class - big difference is you can’t lie down which on a night flight is a big thing.
    Well, I slept like a baby all the way from Barbados to Manchester with my £30 Bluetooth headphones. Happy days!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk