closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 134

Thread: What’s the cheapest watch in your collection?

  1. #51
    Journeyman HookedSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    84
    Well it used to be this £30 Cyma but sadly I had to let it go last year.



    Then found this for €5 at a flea market earlier this year. Couldn’t get my money out quick enough !


  2. #52
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    141
    Probably this one,got it in a package with book about military watches,paid €11.95 for the whole set




  3. #53
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    615
    SKX009 on Strapcode oyster. On reflection, I haven't worn it for at least a year but not because it's my least expensive watch but more that I find myself reaching for something else.

  4. #54
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    21,216
    Blog Entries
    25
    A Casio F-91W.

    Or perhaps a bright red, unbranded, F-91W clone.

  5. #55
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Warks
    Posts
    4,834
    Paid 20 quid for a G Shock 5600 about 9 years ago. Still wear it a lot

    Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

  6. #56
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    39
    Citizen eco_drive was on sale for about £100.

    Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,550
    Other than a GW300 g-shock I bought about 12 years ago, the cheapest in my small collection is an Edox Delphin handwound which I bought from SC for 125gbp. It's closely followed by an SKX007 which cost 130gbp and is my favourite watch at the moment!

  8. #58
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Well it used to be this £30 Cyma but sadly I had to let it go last year.



    Then found this for €5 at a flea market earlier this year. Couldn’t get my money out quick enough !

    We definitely have a thread winner!!!

    This is mine, bought for £30 a couple of years ago.



    Then there was this one which had a knackered movement for £50.

    pic host
    Last edited by Tetlee; 14th August 2019 at 09:22.

  9. #59
    Good thread. I often find cheap but different watches more interesting than our high end baubles.

    One of these was £50. It gets worn very often. The other is kept as a spare and I have another case and bezel on the way.


  10. #60
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    701
    Pumpkin Swatch, £8.00 from local charity shop. No desk diving to worry about and keeps great time!


  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Good thread. I often find cheap but different watches more interesting than our high end baubles.

    One of these was £50. It gets worn very often. The other is kept as a spare and I have another case and bezel on the way.

    What are those, Ped? The image is just too low resolution to make out -they look Lip-y, but the price seems too low for it to be that brand.

  12. #62
    Craftsman dixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    317
    Mine is the plucky green Casio F91-W that I filled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and submerged to nearly 1000m. Incredibly it's still going strong years later!

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...tch-That-Could

  13. #63
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,675
    I got one of these a few weeks ago, brand new from an outdoor outlet, delivered first cladd to my door for £25 (not my pick, borrowed)



    3 daily alarms (sound, vibrate or both), stopwatch, indiglo, countdown and 200m WR - love it - although it is a bit large.
    It even has stuff I will never use like a hydration interval timer

    Dave

    ps - very nice Cyma

  14. #64
    I have one of these:

    £10 off ebay. It's a pile of junk, doesn't keep time & I don't much like it.

    It is however the (same model as) the first watch I ever owned. My parents bought it for me in 1976 after I hounded them for weeks. "No. You're six, you do not need a watch."
    The truth is that I'd been watching Gemini Man on the telly and wanted to be just like him. I was very happy to get a watch but wasn't impressed that it wasn't digital and the bloody thing didn't even make me invisible, no matter how many times I pressed the crown.

    Somehow my collection would be severely lacking without this watch, even though I've never worn the replacement for the long since lost original & have no desire to do so.

  15. #65
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,500
    I can't quite compete with free (or that rather lovely £1 Lanco! I have a fiver burning a hole in my pocket if the owner wants to make a 400% profit! ), but this is my cheapest watch, £1.84 from eBay



    I only bought it to see if a working watch actually arrived from China for the money, but it did and whilst I've never worn it, it seems to keep decent time, despite looking as if it cost £1.84!

    Needless to say (probably), none of the subdials or pushers actually work or are actually supposed to.

    M
    Last edited by snowman; 14th August 2019 at 09:56.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    What are those, Ped? The image is just too low resolution to make out -they look Lip-y, but the price seems too low for it to be that brand.
    Ah not sure why it’s so small! They’re made by Westclox. Nice little things, 38mm hand winder that apparently was rated at 330ft. There’s a bigger picture somewhere else if you search for Westclox Diver.

    Cheers

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Ah not sure why it’s so small! They’re made by Westclox. Nice little things, 38mm hand winder that apparently was rated at 330ft. There’s a bigger picture somewhere else if you search for Westclox Diver.

    Cheers
    Great, thank you

  18. #68
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,869
    A cheap watch on a cheap strap... Liking nice watches needn't be all about the £££££


  19. #69
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    A cheap watch on a cheap strap... Liking nice watches needn't be all about the £££££

    It certainly doesn’t look like a cheap watch!

  20. #70
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    2,857
    This one courtesy of a recent Mr Jones Watches sale:


  21. #71
    Journeyman HookedSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    We definitely have a thread winner!!!
    Don’t jump the gun... there’s someone on here with a Cyma that cost a tenner. I’m just hoping he doesn’t see the thread ! And truthfully it did cost me thirty quid but it needed a service, a correct crystal, and the hands had no lume. It probably hit £200 all in.

    How about my sterile Record that was in a normal eBay auction, hiding in plain sight, starting price £2.79 and no-one else bid. It’s the one on the left.



    I’ll keep the big guns back held back just in case...

  22. #72
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    High Wycombe UK
    Posts
    72
    £20 odd quid.

    I, along with a few others had one of these at Primary School in the late 60s, it caused quite a stir then, 24 hour dial and luminous !

    I bought this as a momento. Its tiny, I wore it to a reunion a couple of years ago but no one remembered it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redkite; 14th August 2019 at 11:19.

  23. #73
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    £20 odd quid.

    I, along with a few others had one of these at Primary School in the late 60s, it caused quite a stir then, 24 hour dial and luminous !

    I bought this as a momento. Its tiny, I wore it to a reunion a couple of years ago but no one remembered it.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that brings back memories. I got mine at xmas, either 68 or 69. I always remember it being like a sub and obviously it isnt.

  24. #74
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    South Lanarkshire
    Posts
    69

    £95 from Hsamuels sale


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Master Ric356II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,957
    G-shock 5610 for work

  26. #76
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    6,182
    I'll buy any old rubbish with an interesting movement so there's plenty of competition on the bottom of the pile. However, in the spirit of this thread and to troll Rajen there's this:



    Which I picked up the other week on ebay for a shade under fifty quid. There wasn't even a waiting list.

  27. #77
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Don’t jump the gun... there’s someone on here with a Cyma that cost a tenner. I’m just hoping he doesn’t see the thread ! And truthfully it did cost me thirty quid but it needed a service, a correct crystal, and the hands had no lume. It probably hit £200 all in.

    How about my sterile Record that was in a normal eBay auction, hiding in plain sight, starting price £2.79 and no-one else bid. It’s the one on the left.



    I’ll keep the big guns back held back just in case...

    I'm not sure what's more shocking, the price you got that sterile Record for, or the fact that I wouldn't have even recognised what it was and moved on assuming it would end more than I would have bothered to bid. The Cyma was beautiful and for £200 fully serviced what a buy.

    I have made some great bargain purchases on ebay in the past, but very few in recent years, not much slips through the net these days.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 14th August 2019 at 13:32.

  28. #78
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,560
    This one. Made for a birthday of mine when my daughter was 6. It's due for it's annual outing later this week - must change the battery..



  29. #79
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,813
    A beaten up F91 I found closely follows by this @£28-50
    7002 by biglewie, on Flickr

  30. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    This one. Made for a birthday of mine when my daughter was 6. It's due for it's annual outing later this week - must change the battery..


    I have something similar from my daughter when she was five. I wouldn’t call it my cheapest but I always tell her it is my least expensive but most valuable watch.

  31. #81
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,117
    G shock. Was a heads up on here, I think about £100 from £300, liked the looks thought I'd give it a try. Probably my second most worn watch in the last month or two since purchase...and it's competing with some precious metal!



    - - - Updated - - -

    G shock. Was a heads up on here, I think about £100 from £300, liked the looks thought I'd give it a try. Probably my second most worn watch in the last month or two since purchase...and it's competing with some precious metal!


  32. #82
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    A cheap watch on a cheap strap... Liking nice watches needn't be all about the £££££

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It certainly doesn’t look like a cheap watch!
    Agreed. It looks a million bucks

  33. #83
    Master Jardine32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    This one. Made for a birthday of mine when my daughter was 6. It's due for it's annual outing later this week - must change the battery..


    That's not a cheap watch.....its priceless.
    J

  34. #84
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Casio Royale is not only my cheapest but probably also my most worn !

    I got me one of them! Excellent watch! Was it PSAd on here a few months back? Or maybe HUKD. Think it was £15 or something.

  35. #85
    Craftsman JPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    491
    Alpha GMT... paid 50 Euros for this.

    It's a lot of watch for the money.




  36. #86
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Isle of Ynys Mon, Wales
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    This one. Made for a birthday of mine when my daughter was 6. It's due for it's annual outing later this week - must change the battery..


    You win BIG TIME! - as in #88
    Last edited by Suds; 14th August 2019 at 19:07.

  37. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    You win BIG TIME!
    Surely that's the most precious rather than the cheapest!

  38. #88
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Isle of Ynys Mon, Wales
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Surely that's the most precious rather than the cheapest!
    Of Course Absolutely, I was blown away by the sentiment- I got things sort of back to front, was just looking at photos, judging the best and forgot the thread name! Thanks for pointing that out
    Last edited by Suds; 14th August 2019 at 19:09.

  39. #89
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    415
    Some nice watches on here gents, and especially the homemade ones from your children.

    For me, 1970's Timex.

    Manual wind - 36mm on a dark blue navy leather strap.

    With date feature and bi-directional rotating bezel.

    About £43. I wear it everyday to work with a suit. I think it was known as the "Sportster" range back in the day.

    Made in Great Britain (which I think means Dundee), and I love it.

  40. #90
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,560
    Surprised everyone’s taken my post literally! It’s materially the cheapest watch I own, but OF COURSE it’s utterly precious to me. That’s why it only gets worn once a year on my B’day - it is made out of paper after all..!

  41. #91
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Isle of Ynys Mon, Wales
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Surprised everyone’s taken my post literally! It’s materially the cheapest watch I own, but OF COURSE it’s utterly precious to me. That’s why it only gets worn once a year on my B’day - it is made out of paper after all..!
    So.... you don't really put a battery in it?

  42. #92
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    21,216
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    A beaten up F91 I found closely follows by this @£28-50
    7002 by biglewie, on Flickr
    Wow, when did you get that for £28-£50? I'd say it's worth about £150 on eBay.

  43. #93
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie View Post
    Mine is the plucky green Casio F91-W that I filled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and submerged to nearly 1000m. Incredibly it's still going strong years later!

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...tch-That-Could
    Brilliant. Thanks for that, love little experiments like that.

  44. #94
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    So.... you don't really put a battery in it?
    Yes it does work, It's a paper (well, tyvek) watch made by SUCK UK, designed to be decorated by the owner: https://www.suck.uk.com/products/paperwatch/

    It wasn't designed for the battery to be replaceable though, so requires a bit of quiet time with a scalpel and no distractions to do it without messing it up.

  45. #95
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Isle of Ynys Mon, Wales
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Yes it does work, It's a paper (well, tyvek) watch made by SUCK UK, designed to be decorated by the owner: https://www.suck.uk.com/products/paperwatch/

    It wasn't designed for the battery to be replaceable though, so requires a bit of quiet time with a scalpel and no distractions to do it without messing it up.
    Oh my, every day's s school day! I was posting in jest... That is really cool!

  46. #96
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Oh my, every day's s school day! I was posting in jest... That is really cool!
    And for a matching wallet try these guys...

    https://mightywallet.shop/products/t...6588ffe0&_ss=r

  47. #97
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ealing, London
    Posts
    186
    Casio F91..

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

  48. #98
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,324
    The one watch that I will never let go was the one that was literally worn every day of the week by my late father. He bought it whilst on Naval service in South Africa in 1942 and wore it until his death in 1972. It was a small Mondia and I never once saw him without it being on his wrist. It seemed to be glued to him. He was a Toolmaker and wore it whilst working on machinery and he spent most Sunday mornings tinkering on his car. The watch is scratched up to high heaven and looks like it has been shot blasted. The stainless steel bracelet is cracked and on its last legs.

    I wound it up a couple of years ago just to see if it still worked. It gained 3 seconds over the week.

    I doubt if it would fetch a tenner but it is staying with me.

  49. #99
    Craftsman Wyvern971's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    261
    Wow, some really interesting watches listed, mostly sentimental far outstripping the monetary value.

    Love the olive oil filled one

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #100
    Mine’s a white gold Daytona. Wear it to take out the bins and to service my Bugatti. If it gets a ding I get out the dremel and shave a bit off


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •