closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rubber B, Everest, or ... for Rolex Sports

Rubber B, Everest, or ... for Rolex Sports

Hello All, wished to ask for feedback on best rubber strap options for Sub date, looking online seems Rubber B and Everest get good feedback, are there any others to consider also? Thank you for help :-) Cheers, Martyn.

Haven't seen a Rubber B in real life but had an Everest on my SubC no date ceramic and hated it. Tried it on my GMT which was a bit better but still not good enough to warrant keeping. If it makes a difference I didn't go for the deployant version using my own clasp.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Haven't seen a Rubber B in real life but had an Everest on my SubC no date ceramic and hated it. Tried it on my GMT which was a bit better but still not good enough to warrant keeping. If it makes a difference I didn't go for the deployant version using my own clasp.
    Was it the look and/or feel on the wrist you hated or did the quality itself seem poor?

Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Was it the look and/or feel on the wrist you hated or did the quality itself seem poor?
    Didn't like the feel of the rubber, thought it was quite thin. Guess it just wasn't what I'd expected. Would probably prefer an ISOFRANE personally. Have seen some ISOFRANEs on the SD43 which looked good and the Rubber B too but personally once bitten twice shy, will stick to the bracelet unless I meet someone and see theirs first hand before.

CousinsUK do a cheap version that's not bad at all. For the money, it's worth trying as it gives you the look and feel for Rubber. If you like it splash out on the Everest or RubberB.

Master
    Rubber B is the only option if you want a zero gap fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Doesn’t Everest offer that as well?
    But there is no requirement in the OP for a fitted rubber so here is a pic of a 116600 on Isofrane,

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    CousinsUK do a cheap version that's not bad at all. For the money, it's worth trying as it gives you the look and feel for Rubber. If you like it splash out on the Everest or RubberB.
    Cousin's are so close to Rubber Bs that the cost for a Rubber B is very hard to justify in comparison.

Note that the Rubber B looks different to the Everest on the wrist--it's worth paying attention to photos online to discern the difference. I started out with an Everest, didn't like the look, and then went for a Rubber B, which I much preferred. Then bought a Cousins and kicked myself for spending so much on a Rubber B.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Cousin's are so close to Rubber Bs that the cost for a Rubber B is very hard to justify in comparison.
    The cousins is a POS in comparison the ISOfrane but the ISOfrane is seriously overpriced to the point you may as well go for the Rubber B. I wouldn't mind another ISOfrane to try on the Sub but after the Everest I'm once bitten.

Master
    I've owned all 3, rubber B, cousins and Everest.

Only the Rubber B is bang on for fit, there is zero gap.

Only issue with the runner b is the fit is slightly off for me with the less holes.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The cousins is a POS in comparison the ISOfrane but the ISOfrane is seriously overpriced to the point you may as well go for the Rubber B. I wouldn't mind another ISOfrane to try on the Sub but after the Everest I'm once bitten.
    I do like ISOfrane. Horribly overpriced too, but there's no really good, cheaper alternative that I've found like there is for Rubber B. And I'm not sure anyone makes an Everest-alike strap. All the other fitted types I've seen have gone with the Rubber B design.

Master
    Very satisfied with Everest on my SubC. Fits perfectly.

I bought the cousins one which didn’t fit at all.

Master
    I have an Everest for my Tudor Black Bay which fits perfectly around the lugs and is extremely comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your help, will have an anorak online and make decision shortly :-)