closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Banning hands free in cars

Donkeys years ago my late parents stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. When they returned, my father was still agog at there being a fax machine in the bathroom of their hotel suite. “What the hell is so urgent you need to get a fax about it in the bathroom?” he would ask. Rhetorically I assume, as the answer is, of course, nothing.

I can’t help feeling the same way about smartphone use in cars.

Maybe it’s my age.

Blog Entries
    I think it should be an offence to even have a phone, tablet, book etc in your hands whilst driving.

Craftsman
    It’s always amazed me why ‘white van man’ doesn’t have blue tooth in his vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Assume scrabbling round the footwell for a dropped packet of cigarettes, extracting one and then searching for a box of matches and sparking up is still OK. Or fannying around with an e-cigarette thing.

Using a mobile doesn’t need a new law; it’s driving without due care like a million other activities that plod never enforces.

The simplest explanation I heard, which covers things like phones, food, drinks etc, is that you’re not allowed to operate or use anything that’s not actually attached to the car. Hence stories of drivers being pulled up for eating/drinking whilst at the wheel.

Smoking does seem to be largely ignored however...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whereas it’s okay to use something like iDrive, built into the car but can be as distracting as a phone.

Got to be worse, its bigger and out the eyeline.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I can understand what any use of a handheld device whether it be for texting- gaming -talking whatever should be banned. I still don’t understand the attempt to ban hands free devices that need no interaction with the unit at all to operate. If we’re to ban these then any interactive system that forms part of the car should also be removed. Soon we’ll be sat there whilst a computer takes over the whole job and there’s no human input at all....no wait hang on.