closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best way to send money to USA

Best way to send money to USA

I need to send c. £10k in USD to the US to pay for a real estate purchase. I've been looking and there seems to be a plethora of options. Any recommendations on the good and bad would be great.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    I need to send c. £10k in USD to the US to pay for a real estate purchase. I've been looking and there seems to be a plethora of options. Any recommendations on the good and bad would be great.
    I've used Transferwise a couple of times without issue and got good exc. rates. App is also user friendly

Master
    Transferwise

Master
    Blog Entries
    TransferWise works and gives a decent rate. Make a test payment first if it’s a large amount.

Journeyman

Lightbulb Check fees AND exchange rates...

You've surely looked into a wire.

In any case, look at fees (both ends) and the exchange rate, which can be close/far to "bank rates"

As a hack, it may ALSO be possible to credit someone's USD credit card, which -- AFAIK -- uses bank rates and no fees. £10k is a lot tho!

TransferWise was what I was thinking before the suggestions on here. They say you can send it from a credit or debit card. Does anyone know if the credit card company would hammer me for doing it that way? Using credit card would be a lot more convenient but I know when I've purchased foreign currency in the past on my credit card I've been hammered with extra charges.

Master
    TransferWise was what I was thinking before the suggestions on here. They say you can send it from a credit or debit card. Does anyone know if the credit card company would hammer me for doing it that way? Using credit card would be a lot more convenient but I know when I've purchased foreign currency in the past on my credit card I've been hammered with extra charges.
    No idea, but they have an excellent FAQ / article section which probably covers this.

Otherwise, another vote for TransferWise. I’ve sent money all over the world using this and saved a fortune.