closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How to fit Strapcode Angus Jubilee bracelet to PADI Turtle?

Blog Entries

Question How to fit Strapcode Angus Jubilee bracelet to PADI Turtle?

I have a PADI Turtle and a Strapcode Angus Jubilee bracelet made for the Turtle. The bracelet has solid end links that fit perfectly when I try them loose in the Turtle. The spring bar holes in the end links line up correctly with the holes for the spring bar tips in the lugs of the watch.

I have fat spring bars (although I've not measured their exact diameter, see below). I'm not sure if they are original Seiko ones or Strapcode-supplied ones.

So far so good you'd think.

But when I try to fit the Angus bracelet with the spring bars I just cannot get the spring bar tips to pop into the holes in the lugs! No matter how much pushing, prodding or poking (several hours worth), at least one tip stays stubbornly outside the hole. It seems that there is just enough lateral play in the spring bar holes in the bracelet end links such that the spring bar tips can flex and not go into the holes in the lugs but there's not enough room to get any kind of tool in to push the spring bar tip into position.

Even worse, at first glance it looks like the spring bars did go in but, in reality, the bracelet is not properly secured and can pop off.

The same spring bars work great with Seiko's own oyster bracelet.

I am contemplating two approaches:

(1) Try using spring bar pliers to apply force at both ends of the spring bar simultaneously. I can't do that today as I don't have spring bar pliers. I've ordered some.

(2) Confirm the diameter of the fat spring bars I've got. If they are slimmer than 2.5mm (which is the diameter of the ones supplied by Strapcode according to their website) then get some 2.5mm ones. But I thought that normal Seiko spring bars were 2.5mm anyway, so whether the ones I've got are Seiko's original ones or Strapcode's supplied ones really shouldn't matter.

If you're wondering why I haven't checked the spring bar diameter already it's because I successfully got the Seiko oyster bracelet fitted and I can't bear to take it off so soon to measure the spring bars. I didn't think to measure them before putting the oyster bracelet on the watch...

Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to affix the Angus bracelet? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's got a combination of Seiko Turtle and Strapcode Angus.

P.S. I apologise for this not being a Rolex question. ;-)
    Last edited by markrlondon; 12th August 2019 at 17:19.

Craftsman
    Had the same problem with a stock turtle bracelet.

Had 2 one fitted beautifully the other was like you describe.....I put it down to manufacturing tolerances.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Had the same problem with a stock turtle bracelet.

Had 2 one fitted beautifully the other was like you describe.....I put it down to manufacturing tolerances.
    Thanks. Frustrating.

I had no issues,
    However try fiddling with a small sxrewdriver to push pack or forwards the springbars once the endlink is in.

It is a terrific bracelet

BUBI 0_0

I’ve struggled with Strapcode endlinks as well. As bubi says, you need to fettle the unsecured end with a small driver or the spring bar tool. It will go in - keep the faith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    However try fiddling with a small sxrewdriver to push pack or forwards the springbars once the endlink is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I’ve struggled with Strapcode endlinks as well. As bubi says, you need to fettle the unsecured end with a small driver or the spring bar tool. It will go in - keep the faith
    Thanks both. I have tried doing exactly that (for several hours!) but was not able to get the tip to go in.

I might try putting a thread around the tip to try pulling it up but I'll try that after I try the spring bar pliers I've ordered.

I am glad that I was working on the right lines, though. It just didn't work for me.

You need to be firmer with it Mark

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    You need to be firmer with it Mark
    Hah, I shall threaten to punish it if it doesn't slide in smoothly.

Master
    I’ve an Oyster Strapcode at the moment that won’t sit in using the 2.5mm fat bars. Tried many times to get the pin on one side to sit in like the other but failed, eventually gave up through fear of damaging either myself or the watch. I’ve been in touch with Strapcode and they suggested using some 2.3mm diameter spring bars, (which I bought from Strapcode, along with some extra 2.5mm fat bars). These work perfectly and aren’t much thinner than the standard fat bars.
    I can’t find a link to the 2.3mm ones but I’ve added a link to the fat ones. You’ll have to email Strapcode and maybe if you’ve bought it new recently they may send you some out free of charge.

https://www.strapcode.com/products/p...084c7008&_ss=r

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    I’ve an Oyster Strapcode at the moment that won’t sit in using the 2.5mm fat bars. Tried many times to get the pin on one side to sit in like the other but failed, eventually gave up through fear of damaging either myself or the watch. I’ve been in touch with Strapcode and they suggested using some 2.3mm diameter spring bars, (which I bought from Strapcode, along with some extra 2.5mm fat bars). These work perfectly and aren’t much thinner than the standard fat bars.
    I can’t find a link to the 2.3mm ones but I’ve added a link to the fat ones. You’ll have to email Strapcode and maybe if you’ve bought it new recently they may send you some out free of charge.

https://www.strapcode.com/products/p...084c7008&_ss=r
    This is very interesting. Thank you!

I shall contact them to enquire about 2.3mm spring bars.

Complaining to the seller is always a good idea when having trouble

BUBI 0_0