closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Instagram - who uses it for business?

Instagram - who uses it for business?

I have had a photography based business for a few years and basically I'm crap at social media!

Luckily my previous work has helped keep the bookings coming in along with a bit of facebook posting, but I cant just rely on that with so many photographers getting work through social media.

Instagram seems to be the way to go but honestly I'm clueless, I'm watching lots of videos/tutorials to try and bring myself into 2019, with that I wondered if anyone here has experience with the business side of instagram, mainly what to do and what to avoid

Grand Master
    I do. !
    RIAC

I’ve just started on Facebook and Instagram for my business. It works well and growing quite quickly.

You’ll get the hang of it after a few weeks 👍

Master
    Being on IG for any business is starting to become a critical thing for getting new business.
    Be consistent and regular in posting. Like anything it takes time/investment.
    If you can provide desirable linked content for those with big followings it helps in ramping up your number of followers faster. (Note those with big IG followings need content to keep followers happy/interested as well, so it a two way relationship).

I use it for work (parquet flooring company) been trying to build it up for about 9 months now. It does take time to get followers, luckily we have a few big designers that have tagged the company into their posts which had gained us followers and a lot of interest. In those 9 months maybe had 2-3 orders but see it as a long term plan to help boost sales.

Master
    My company runs social media accounts for lots of businesses with Instagram by far the most important.

The biggest source of leads for pretty much every one of our clients is either Instagram or Facebook Ads

Master
    Our biggest customer relies solely on Instagram to drive there new business and he's growing rapidly.
    So much so that we have just taken on someone to work on our social media presence.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Our biggest customer relies solely on Instagram to drive there new business and he's growing rapidly.
    So much so that we have just taken on someone to work on our social media presence.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    What's the industry?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Been using it for a while now for my business, as a commercial printer it tends to land the annoying small jobs rather than the big ones but in my opinion you need to have a social media presence regardless, its how the kids get down nowadays!

Pop your details down and I'll give you all a follow!

I'm W. O. Jones Printers on FB & IG

Thanks for the advice everyone, I have set up my Instagram now but am quite amazed it is a phone app only, as a photographer all my work is based on desktops/laptops so I have to resize the image and email to myself, then open on my phone and post up..

Bit of a ball ache but that’s the way it is I suppose..

Master
    Why do you have to resize the images?

If you are an Andrid user just use airdroid

If you are an IOS user then you can use Airdrop.

Instagram will handle most file types etc.

If you user creator studio you can post directly from your computer too.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I have set up my Instagram now but am quite amazed it is a phone app only, as a photographer all my work is based on desktops/laptops so I have to resize the image and email to myself, then open on my phone and post up..

Bit of a ball ache but that’s the way it is I suppose..
    there is a way to work it on your computer, google it. You have to go into your browser settings and make it a mobile device not a browser and then you can upload images.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    there is a way to work it on your computer, google it. You have to go into your browser settings and make it a mobile device not a browser and then you can upload images.
    Just use Facebook creator studio and you don't even have to do that (it does FB and insta)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Double thanks again all.

Its weird because I'm quite together on techy stuff but social media has moved very fast and I need to catch up, its a bit like missing several maths lessons in school, when you go back you haven't a clue what the teacher is talking about!

Journeyman
    Instagram is all about photos, videos, and stories, which makes the task of promoting your Instagram business a bit more interesting. Instead of crafting a large paragraph or text to use like on other platforms, on Instagram you can let your creativity roam and decide what content to post which will attract more followers and potential clients. On Instagram, viewers see your photo or video first hand, so this is what you need to pay the most attention to and then think about a matching caption to go with it. Once you understand which visual content attracts the most users, you can easily plan out the rest of your social media marketing. Instagram is a platform of for youth mostly, so fun and carefree posts are encouraged to relate to the contemporary mindsets. Also, great addition will get knowledge in magento & enterpise https://elogic.co/blog/magento-commu...n-comparison/.
    Last edited by Derrils; 16th September 2019 at 12:57.