closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Kia Stinger - Any owners

Craftsman

Kia Stinger - Any owners

As per the title. Following some internet trawling this has made a left field appearance on my next car list, alongside the usual Audi & BMW suspects.

Wondering if anyone here had taken the plunge and could offer some feedback please

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Budget?

Me personally I’d take the Giulia QF over a Stinger.

The Quad is in a different league both performance wise and price.
    I had a good test in a Stinger 2litre. I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest. It's quick at 5.7 0-60 but didn't feel it. Whilst it felt premium in the showroom once I was out and about it didn't feel so. Maybe I Was looking too hard. Didn't get to try the 3.3.

The quadrifoglio is an absolute beast. Sounds great and a weapon. Much preferred to the Germans. The quality inside felt good and depreciation and running costs are on a par with M4s plus you get a 5 year warranty. What lets it down is the dealer net work which basically is fiat and jeep.
    Last edited by awright101; 12th August 2019 at 20:55.

Master
    My cousin had a 24 hour test drive in the GT. He was undecided between a 5.0L Mustang and a Kia Stinger GT. After test driving the GT, he now not interested in the Mustang as he was THAT impressed by the Kia.

Craftsman
    Budget is up to £30k so not looking new

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Have sat in one and whilst the plastics quality isn’t the best in class, it’s a far more interesting choice than the usual mercs, audis and beemers.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    My cousin had a 24 hour test drive in the GT. He was undecided between a 5.0L Mustang and a Kia Stinger GT. After test driving the GT, he now not interested in the Mustang as he was THAT impressed by the Kia.
    I would agree with that except for the noise the mustang makes with the new quad pipes

It’s probably a very minor point but I’m not keen on the 6000 / 6 month service schedule on the petrol Stingers.

When I looked a year ago there were M4 non comp packs around for not much more than 30K. 3 years old but mid teens mileage and service packs.
    Was going to buy one, but ended up with a new one on a more sensible deal.
    The M4 is in a different league, and long-term will make more sense. I wouldn't buy a Stinger other than on lease plan.
    I have a soft soft for M cars, but this time was more open minded and financially biased. BMW still came out on top on both.
    PM if you want to know more. I did a lot of ground work.
    Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    It’s probably a very minor point but I’m not keen on the 6000 / 6 month service schedule on the petrol Stingers.
    Yes that was a pain I agree

Craftsman
    Thanks to everyone for their input. It seems the Kia generates interest but not many people have spent their I'll gotten on one - not a criticism btw.

The thread has been helpful in that it's got me looking at the Alfa Giulia - not the QF but the Veloce

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    That’s not a minor point. That would put me off buying. I would expect a service every two years - not twice a year

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    That’s not a minor point. That would put me off buying. I would expect a service every two years - not twice a year
    Every two years ? How many miles aren't you doing ?
    Surely, it's only oil, filter and plugs bi-annually ? What else could it use up in such a short time ?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Surely, it's only oil, filter and plugs bi-annually ? What else could it use up in such a short time ?
    Lots of cars have 20,000 mile or two year service intervals. Six month/6000 miles is very short these days. Particularly when you consider the cost of paying a main dealer to change the oil and filter (plugs aren’t usually changed at every service).

Not a minor point at all. That would put me right off. Same unfortunately goes for a Nissan GTR - also very short service intervals.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    While the service intervals would make me pause, a 3 year maintenance package is about £900 so £300 a year for 2 services. which I don't think is extortionate for a car that will hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds and can carry 5 people and their luggage. I have no idea what an equivalent German sport saloon / coupe would cost to service but i doubt it would be less although conceivably could be given some of these cars variable service intervals if you drove it like a nun, that said why buy a car like that and then drive it like an entry model.
    Our humble ceed has been regularly serviced by MK Kia and i'd put their service on a par with MK Lexus.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Not a minor point at all. That would put me right off. Same unfortunately goes for a Nissan GTR - also very short service intervals.
    Agreed.
    Just as a point TFB, MY11 onwards GTRs have a yearly service interval. Litchfield have the details in a better format - https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/nissan-gtr/servicing/

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    While the service intervals would make me pause, a 3 year maintenance package is about £900 so £300 a year for 2 services. which I don't think is extortionate for a car that will hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds and can carry 5 people and their luggage. I have no idea what an equivalent German sport saloon / coupe would cost to service but i doubt it would be less although conceivably could be given some of these cars variable service intervals if you drove it like a nun, that said why buy a car like that and then drive it like an entry model.
    Our humble ceed has been regularly serviced by MK Kia and i'd put their service on a par with MK Lexus.
    £900 for six services (two a year) isn’t bad at all. If servicing is that cheap then the short interval doesn’t really matter.

I think the 3.3 stinger service plan was around £1150 and the 2.0 £950 when I enquired. What put me off was the inconvenience and the fact that the engine needed that kind of service levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    £900 for six services (two a year) isn’t bad at all. If servicing is that cheap then the short interval doesn’t really matter.
    True but I'd question the value for money that they portrayed. If you're leasing and handing it back in 2-3 years and just using it to maintain the vehicle to conform to the leasing company basic expectations of the policy then great. If you own the car and intend on keeping it long term I'd sooner pay for each service individually. Simple reason is that the price per service means massively reduced labour rates for the dealers. Corners are cut very frequently, I've seen 4 year old cars with filters that have never been replaced. When you ask the owners it's generally had a service plan. It does go on and sadly more frequently than you'd imagine
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 15th August 2019 at 09:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    See below - under 10k a year and servicing is then normal to be every couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Lots of cars have 20,000 mile or two year service intervals. Six month/6000 miles is very short these days. Particularly when you consider the cost of paying a main dealer to change the oil and filter (plugs aren’t usually changed at every service).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I think the 3.3 stinger service plan was around £1150 and the 2.0 £950 when I enquired. What put me off was the inconvenience and the fact that the engine needed that kind of service levels.
    Yep I missed ‘from’...

Even so it’s still cheap for the performance.
    I agree that 6 months is a short interval but as I said the Kia garage we use is damn good when it comes to courtesy cars and I believe they’ve even picked up / dropped off the car in the past - it’s the wife’s and she deals with all that.
    They’ve certainly honoured the warranty with out quibble a number of times, even when our maintenance records were spotty. Although that was for something not covered by normal service maintenance (the audio system stopped working so they replaced the lot f.o.c.) I suspect had it been drivetrain related we would have had to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk