closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling with chronext

Craftsman

Selling with chronext

Has anyone had any experience with them before?

I sold them an explorer I and got the email about 2 weeks ago saying everything was fine and that I should receive the money in about 7 days. However, since then it's just been radio silence. They're not really responding to emails and every time I call them, they just say they're having a difficult time connecting to their main office and that they'll call me back, which they haven't done

I'm a bit lost at what I can do as they have my watch and I have no idea when I'll get my money. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    I would suggest you escalate this as soon as possible. How about you calling head office using your email refs and assurances. There should be no reason for a company of their size to withhold your cash.

Grand Master
    I always offer Sale or Return if required from a Forum Friend
    RIAC

Master
    I waited 2 months for 9 grand from these lot, constantly blaming accounting errors they went quiet then I either left or told them I was going to leave a 1 star review on trustpilot and police action, 1 day later had my cash

Craftsman
    Edit: Following with interest whilst my own transaction gets resolved.
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 13th August 2019 at 09:59.

Master
    I posted a couple of years ago about my experience as a seller with them. They sat on the funds for ages before I received payment. Wouldn’t deal with them again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I waited 2 months for 9 grand from these lot, constantly blaming accounting errors they went quiet then I either left or told them I was going to leave a 1 star review on trustpilot and police action, 1 day later had my cash
    Worrying that you had to resort to that, sounds like they are paying out to quell the biggest fire ( no knock of you intended , well done in fact ! ) but it makes you wonder about their cash flow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Worrying that you had to resort to that, sounds like they are paying out to quell the biggest fire ( no knock of you intended , well done in fact ! ) but it makes you wonder about their cash flow.
    I was worried at the time especially as it was a watch I purchased from them never got after 1 months wait and asked for a refund, I had visions of them going pop, I won’t ever deal with them again they must hanging on by a shoestring

Craftsman
    I've sent them numerous emails and called them a few times. Each time they put me on hold while they try to connect me to their head office which never connects, and they promise they will get the one of the supply chain guys to give me a call back which they never do. I asked for a contact number for one of their supply chain guys and they said that they are email only

I will give them to the end of this week before I threaten with police/legal action. I'm more bothered by the radio silence and lack of communication and transparency over the process, makes me feel that their doing something dodgy

I know a lot of people on here (including me) slate Watchfinder (often for good reason), at least they kept me informed throughout the process when I sold a couple of watches to them some months ago. I wouldn’t touch this mob with a barge pole after having read this.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    I've sent them numerous emails and called them a few times. Each time they put me on hold while they try to connect me to their head office which never connects, and they promise they will get the one of the supply chain guys to give me a call back which they never do. I asked for a contact number for one of their supply chain guys and they said that they are email only

I will give them to the end of this week before I threaten with police/legal action. I'm more bothered by the radio silence and lack of communication and transparency over the process, makes me feel that their doing something dodgy

I hope this ends well for you OP
    But please do update us with the outcome as reading this I would now avoid using them

Thanks for the heads up and I wish you luck with your situation

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting this OP. I’d offered one of my watches in part exchange for a watch they have in stock. I get that they’re out to make a profit but their estimate valuation was well below reasonable. Given that, and your challenges with them, I think I’ll give them a wide birth.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Ask for Patricia Klemens. She helped me get an issue sorted last year - no guarantees, but worth a try.

These are the phone numbers I have - not sure if they are any different to what you have:
    +44 203 588 00 44
    +1 800 401 66 77

Master
    I had similar experiences with them quite a while ago. This is not new. I returned a watch that was clearly not as advertised. It took a number of emails and calls and a few "promises" of refunding my payment before they actually processed it.

Craftsman
    I sent a strongly worded email saying if the situation doesn't improve, I'll have to begin legal proceedings and involve the police

Also gave them a call on the number above which got me through to a German speaking chap who said he would escalate this internally. I asked for either a contact phone number or email for their accounts department and he said they did not have a contact number and emails are internal only which seems extremely strange and unlikely. Said to hold off until friday and to call again if the situation doesn't improve

I would go into their boutique and refuse to leave until I'm paid. Disgraceful.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I would go into their boutique and refuse to leave until I'm paid. Disgraceful.
    I'm planning to do this next week and if that doesn't work, then I'm going to start legal proceedings and get the police involved

Maybe we have a TZUK meet up at the boutique and stay until it's refunded? I'd be happy to join.

What about ripping into them on their Facebook, Instagram sites etc? Bloody disgraceful.

Wasn’t a member here good friends with the owner? I believe this same member secured a TZ discount code

I've just replied to their offer from 2nd August confirming that I will never sell to or buy from them as someone I know who sold them a watch has been left waiting for for weeks for payment and is now threatening legal action.

Could be you, could be anyone. Hopefully it helps.

Craftsman
    I called Chronext earlier for an update on my own transaction and the man I spoke too was helpful, he did acknowledge that they are particularly busy at the moment so payments are taking longer than expected.

Rightly or wrongly I also pointed him in the direction of this thread which he said would escalate to try and get issues resolved.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the support and kind words

I've just received an email saying my payment has been sent and is on its way. Let's see if this is indeed the final part of this chapter

This whole episode has completely put me off dealing with any of these large grey dealers. I guess I need to start spamming on here to reach that magic 250 posts, only around 100 or so to go

Craftsman
    I recently needed a valuation to compare notes and I contacted chronext. I had to chase them up for the valuation as their supposed 24hr promise had lapsed. Im personally not comfortable with selling to anyone who holds my goods for a week prior to paying me.

I don't understand why folks don't offer it here first........ Offer on SC for a few days and see where it takes you........nothing to loose, at least your in control of your own goods.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Merkaholic; 15th August 2019 at 01:18.

Good luck with that

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Final status update, I've finally got paid

That was the absolute worst service I have ever received and I would recommend that anyone looking to sell a watch stay well clear of these lot

Absolutely no communication after the watch had been accepted and almost a month to receive the money. The main guy I was in contact with during the sales process still hasn't replied to a single one of my emails asking for a status update

Thanks for everyone in here for their kind words and support, time to make a donation i guess

What a nightmare, glad you got it sorted. In a twisted way I am almost glad it happened as now I know not to ever deal with them, sorry.

Craftsman
    Thank heavens its sorted.

Blog Entries
    Yup 100% off my list for good, this is s shocking state of affairs but glad you got your money back.

Master
    Glad OP got the funds, but shocking service.

Shame, as I bought a LNIB a few years back and the communication and personal touches were great.

Equally on quotes to sell to them, they have all taken an age to be replied to and the offers have been derisory, well below Watchfinder.

Perhaps they've just expanded too much for now, without the resourcing to maintain service.

Good result. 👍 Will well avoid in future.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What a nightmare, glad you got it sorted. In a twisted way I am almost glad it happened as now I know not to ever deal with them, sorry.

This is exactly what I was thinking , thanks for letting us all know very much appreciate the heads up

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Thanks for all the support and kind words

I've just received an email saying my payment has been sent and is on its way. Let's see if this is indeed the final part of this chapter

This whole episode has completely put me off dealing with any of these large grey dealers. I guess I need to start spamming on here to reach that magic 250 posts, only around 100 or so to go

I am glad I've read this thread as I was considering selling two Tudors and a breitling to these guys as I need to free up some funds to pay for my Speedmaster apollo 11 50th. After reading this I think I'll look into alternative options. I too have less than 100 posts on here so am some way off being able to put my watches up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post
    I am glad I've read this thread as I was considering selling two Tudors and a breitling to these guys as I need to free up some funds to pay for my Speedmaster apollo 11 50th. After reading this I think I'll look into alternative options. I too have less than 100 posts on here so am some way off being able to put my watches up for sale.

Ebay have a £1 listing offer till tomorrow. Give it a try. Nothing to loose.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Ebay have a £1 listing offer till tomorrow. Give it a try. Nothing to loose.

I might just do that, thanks!

I have also put the three watches up on chrono 24.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.woolrich View Post
    I might just do that, thanks!

I have also put the three watches up on chrono 24.

Best of luck with the sale.

Just be a bit streetwise when dealing with folks on ebay.

Journeyman
    Cheers, I wish selling was a painless as buying lol