closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Whatever happened to....?

Master

Whatever happened to....?

Yes, whatever happened to Tokyo Tokei? He was a regular contributor, especially in the George and Dragon, but hasn’t posted anything since September 2018. I’ve never had any dealings with him but I always found his posts, especially about photography, informative and thoughtful. Likewise, Seikopath (Dave) hasn’t been around since December 2018, though it’s common knowledge that he likes to take an occasional sabbatical from this place. It’ll be good to see him back again.

This place isn’t the same without Soundood, either. The tale about Mrs Soundood taking a nice young man home with them after a concert was quite bizarre though. And what about Doug Darter? I seem to recall that he had form for dodgy deals and disappeared after his last such deal was rumbled.

I bought a Seiko Tuna from TT over 15 years ago if my memory serves me correctly. Really lovely chap - perhaps he grew tired of all the nonsense and just moved on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With so many weirdos around who can blame him..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    [QUOTE=RobDad;5171873]I bought a Seiko Tuna from TT over 15 years ago if my memory serves me correctly. Really lovely chap - perhaps he grew tired of all the nonsense and just moved on

That’d be a shame. But also understandable if that’s the case. I suppose people’s tastes and interests change over time. Real life always trumps the online one.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I bought a Seiko Tuna from TT over 15 years ago if my memory serves me correctly. Really lovely chap - perhaps he grew tired of all the nonsense and just moved on
    Seems he'd had enough and left, no flounce or big wordy announcement. Well done if that's the case. Soundood? A nutter and no miss at all. All IMHO.
    F.T.F.A.

Paul TT is definitely one of the good guys, almost bought his dad's old SL Merc once upon a time.

Dave SP funnily enough I enquired about a couple months back, he's away doing what he loves best lucky bugger

I always liked Seikopath and I'm sure he'll be back. We miss you Dave! I also take full credit for scaring off Doug. We don't miss you Doug!

Didn’t soundood end up ripping someone off, disappearing from here but still active on a hifi forum? Not sure if that ever got resolved.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Doug Darter have health issues? I seem to remember him mentioning something in one of his posts. Hope he's ok.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JonRA; 11th August 2019 at 19:43.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    This place isn’t the same without Soundood, either. The tale about Mrs Soundood taking a nice young man home with them after a concert was quite bizarre though. And what about Doug Darter? I seem to recall that he had form for dodgy deals and disappeared after his last such deal was rumbled.
    Yes, gone after dodgy deals.

Soundood - Villain?
    Soundood

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Yes, whatever happened to Tokyo Tokei?
    I miss TT too.