closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s wrong with these people ?

Journeyman

What’s wrong with these people ?

So I am fairly new here but I have been aware of this forum for some time, I decided to sign up and have been more and more interested in watches lately, my point here I s why are some people on this forum just down right rude idiots ? Is it since Eddie has been away ? Or has it always been hostile here ?
    I can’t be bothered with instances btw but i do have a few
    I’m well aware this will attract the idiots that are “ hard as nails from their arm chairs “ but I just don’t see
    The need for all of it although I am sure sometimes it is justified why can’t people just be cool ?
    Plain sensible threads just turn into abuse ?
    I’m sure there’s plenty of sensible people here but WTF is it with the keyboard warriors ?

Is it just me ?

Master
    No need for your post. We really don’t need any additional hand-wringing and “Oh, what’s the TZ world coming to?” threads. This is a public part of the forum, visible to all. Let it go.

Yes, partially just you. Grow a thicker skin, and enjoy it for what it is, or find somewhere more in keeping with your personal sensitivities. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    No need for your post. We really don’t need any additional hand-wringing and “Oh, what’s the TZ world coming to?” threads. This is a public part of the forum, visible to all. Let it go.

Thanks for your reply
    Clearly I beg to differ .......but thanks anyway
    I think my post is a valid question from a fresh member tbh
    Obviously judging by your reply I have a point

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Yes, partially just you. Grow a thicker skin, and enjoy it for what it is, or find somewhere more in keeping with your personal sensitivities. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

Thanks for the reply

Grand Master
    Probably happens when their Wifes go into the kitchen to prepare their Rusks at teatime.Without the Wife knowing they log onto TZ and try to act like an adult!,but children will be children.It all ends with a clip around the ear once the Wife is trying to breast feed them,then it's time for bed with a story.

Hiding behind HUGE keyboards gives them a sense of super human powers that unfortunately wouldn't be present f2f.

Schools predominantly have them..........known as Bullies,typically the softest yellow back person you'd ever come across.Sadly some of those school yard bullies have made it onto this forum.

But it's all good fun.......

Master
    I think the OP has a point, but it seems to be the nature of Internet forums generally. C’est la vie!

I do think that anyone finding themselves being "attacked" should first ask why someone would bother. For the most part at least those doing the most moaning on here have history and deserve the majority of the comments aimed at them - lots of chances are given but some just can't help themselves.
    It's just a matter of time...

Tz is actually not bad compared to other more generalistic fora

BUBI 0_0

Fair observations by the OP, there are indeed a handful of nuggets that do little here but stir the pot.

But personally I'd rather have this freedom rather than have a bunch of jumped-up moderators who censor or ban anything said against the party line (esp. on sponsored forums).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Fair observations by the OP, there are indeed a handful of nuggets that do little here but stir the pot.

But personally I'd rather have this freedom rather than have a bunch of jumped-up moderators who censor or ban anything said against the party line (esp. on sponsored forums).

Yeah I do actually agree with you there, I’m not suggesting a policed forum by any means
    But some people are just so frustrating !
    Any way I’ve made my point and I’m glad generally people agree I have a point that’s all I wanted a general acknowledgment that what I had experienced was actually there
    And may I just add this was only aimed at me a couple of times the rest of the times it was aimed at other people but observed by me

Thanks anyway glad there are nice people on here mixed in with the general oikes

😂

Quote Originally Posted by d2ore View Post
    Thanks for your reply
    Clearly I beg to differ .......but thanks anyway
    I think my post is a valid question from a fresh member tbh
    Obviously judging by your reply I have a point
    Probably not in Watch Talk though...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Much more entertaining here I find, as well as open and informative. The generic "Congrats, Many Congrats, Thumbs Up" responses on other forums (e.g. Rolex, Patek) are just tedious and cringable.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Much more entertaining here I find, as well as open and informative. The generic "Congrats, Many Congrats, Thumbs Up" responses on other forums (e.g. Rolex, Patek) are just tedious and cringable.
    “Wear in good health”

Fits into that category as well .

So I am fairly new here but I have been aware of this forum for some time, I decided to sign up and have been more and more interested in watches lately, my point here I s why are some people on this forum just down right rude idiots ? Is it since Eddie has been away ? Or has it always been hostile here ?
    I’m well aware this will attract the idiots that are “ hard as nails from their arm chairs “ but I just don’t see
    The need for all of it although I am sure sometimes it is justified why can’t people just be cool ?
    I’m sure there’s plenty of sensible people here but WTF is it with the keyboard warriors ?
    Is it just me ?
    If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

I really don’t like posting on these threads, but I’ve got to say to the OP, I agree with this statement. There was no reason to post this in Watch Talk. My advice...ignore, stay quiet and don’t open or read the threads.

I really shouldn’t have posted, but I can’t see what benefit this thread achieves in Watch Talk and why you would possibly start it.

Master
    OP felt the need to indulge in some virtue signalling. There was no need for it.

OP felt the need to indulge in some virtue signalling.
    Aye. He could have been forgiven if he’d simply linked to this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Aye. He could have been forgiven if he’d simply linked to this.
    Lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    In my experience, both in private and professional life, that is usually trotted out by people who are the main cause of the problem.

Sent from my calculator using a lawnmower.

Online anonymity brings out the worst in people. Every comments section online whether it’s BBC Sports ‘Have your say’, Mailonline comments, or Youtube comments. A lot of people just don’t know how to be civil online.

Spitting my beer out

Master
    My son took his small daughter to a "petting" zoo today and a llama spit at him (apparently) because he gave it the wrong food

What’s wrong with these people ?

Been absent for a while but have to ask, in relation to OP’s original post, where did Eddie go?

Edit. Just saw he’s on hols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RAFF; 11th August 2019 at 19:37.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Been absent for a while but have to ask, in relation to OP’s original post, where did Eddie go?

Edit. Just saw he’s on hols.
    No, I think he’s in hospital recovering from an op.

I think that the OP will be in for an even bigger disappointment when he gets access to the Bear Pit...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    No, I think he’s in hospital recovering from an op.
    Ah yes, totally misread! Hope he’s ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I think that the OP will be in for an even bigger disappointment when he gets access to the Bear Pit...
    I think he might have been there before …

Craftsman
    Tis nice to be nice .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

OP this has what to do with watches?

Craftsman

Is it just me ?
    No, it’s not just you. It’s always been like this. There’s a wealth of useful information to be had from being a casual and infrequent contributor but it can be interlaced with a lot of toxicity at times, which is a terrible shame.

It is, however, an Internet forum and so perhaps that comes with the territory?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Online anonymity brings out the worst in people. Every comments section online whether it’s BBC Sports ‘Have your say’, Mailonline comments, or Youtube comments. A lot of people just don’t know how to be civil online.
    Youtube comments are the realm of the mentally ill

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Modern society appears to be covered by a thin veneer of civility. That veneer is stripped away by the anonymity of the internet, revealing the true nature of the contributors.

See items 7, 12, 13, 16, below:

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

1.Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
    2.Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
    3.Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
    4.Exaggerate achievements and talents
    5.Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
    6.Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
    7.Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
    8.Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
    9.Take advantage of others to get what they want
    10.Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
    11.Be envious of others and believe others envy them
    12.Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
    13.Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office (OR WATCH).

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

14.Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
    15.Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
    16.React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
    17.Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
    18.Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
    19.Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
    20.Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation
    Last edited by Tiny; 11th August 2019 at 21:32.

Master
    Tiny....I hope that isn’t an attempt at self-analysis!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Tiny....I hope that isn’t an attempt at self-analysis!
    That is a brilliant reply!

But in answer to your question, No. not intentionally. Its something I have become aware of over the years in the different organisations I have worked for, and explains some peoples behaviour. With the anonymity of the internet it becomes more prevalent.
    Last edited by Tiny; 11th August 2019 at 21:55.

Pathetic people finding bravery behind their keyboards unfortunately. Face to face you wouldn’t give them the time of day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I think he might have been there before …
    Haha, my thoughts exactly

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    OP this has what to do with watches?

Sorry gents I did mention I am new here ? Why not point me in the right direction if I have placed this in the wrong place ?

Master
    Sorry gents I did mention I am new here ? Why not point me in the right direction if I have placed this in the wrong place ?

Bear Pit... Draft thread. But as I said earlier, there was no particular need for your post at all.

Journeyman
    Bear Pit... Draft thread. But as I said earlier, there was no particular need for your post at all.

Thank you for your help

Well I feel there was actually but next time I will use the correct location

Well I like TZ for what it is - warts an all, this world is turning into one giant snowflake, so a bit of old fashioned banter and agro makes this forum far more interesting than the mundane, treading on eggshells moderated forums.

I’m certainly not condoning bullying as in the past some threads have turned into this, but in that situation normally others step in to add a voice of reason. The main thing new members need to do is get involved in other threads and just get a feel for how this place works, if the OP is a “new” member then you’ll have a shock when you visit the Bear Pit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Well I like TZ for what it is - warts an all, this world is turning into one giant snowflake, so a bit of old fashioned banter and agro makes this forum far more interesting than the mundane, treading on eggshells moderated forums.

I’m certainly not condoning bullying as in the past some threads have turned into this, but in that situation normally others step in to add a voice of reason. The main thing new members need to do is get involved in other threads and just get a feel for how this place works, if the OP is a “new” member then you’ll have a shock when you visit the Bear Pit.

There is nothing wrong with banter and a bit of leg pulling but unfortunately the clear evidence is that most of the differences result in very personalised nastiness and bullying, usually from those with over 5000 posts who ought to know better.

Eddie has to take a break for hospitalisation and it went ten times worse the other day during his absence. I can imagine when he looks at it all for the first time he is just going to groan and who can blame him. If I was in his shoes, I would just sell the forum to the highest bidder and let them take over.

You can bet your bottom dollar that no new owner is going to put up with this and it will be bye bye BP and a few members becoming permanent history and they all brought it on themselves.

Or even the George & Dragon, if you want to avoid the animals (although I'm sure they'd sniff you out), but definitely NOT 'Watch Talk'.

M

Master
    It’s just a watch forum, that’s all. A very minor part of life. Avoid personal comments, stick to the subject, and it’s just fine most of the time.
    Personally, if it got too bad I’d just leave. Simple really.
    But I don’t expect that.

OP it's not just you..

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Pathetic people finding bravery behind their keyboards unfortunately. Face to face you wouldn’t give them the time of day.
    Agree with Chinnock - this is too often the case.

Master
    I'd mostly agree with the OP but as others have said it goes with the territory of an internet forum. You get to know what sort of posts and subjects will bring out the opinions and unfortunately this one is a bit of a red rag to a bull. Just set your filters a bit higher than normal in those threads and carry on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It’s just a watch forum, that’s all. A very minor part of life. Avoid personal comments, stick to the subject, and it’s just fine most of the time.
    Personally, if it got too bad I’d just leave. Simple really.
    But I don’t expect that.
    This is it. Take it or leave it. It is what it is. Nothing more to be said really.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    2018 isn't really new is it.

The problem with posts is that whilst the original author may have only intended a light hearted poke, the recipient may not always take it that way.

For example, I posted this: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...01#post5161401 intending to make my point by being flippant. I seem to have killed the thread.

Remember offence is never given, it can only be taken.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    2018 isn't really new is it.

I joined in December 2018
    And if you take a look you will see I’ve only engaged on the forum regularly recently 👍🏿